Welcome, Guest

first time-first try.
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: first time-first try. 938 Views

first time-first try. 19 Apr 2015 13:52 #252594

• fightingyid
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Junior Boarder
This is the first i am acknowledging my struggle to anyone as well as the first time i am writing a post in my life! I am going to try my hardest to be 90 days clean. ill admit I'm scared. I have been slipping a lot lately and i can't live this lie, and its just not about the lie its about how dirty and low i feel, i used to think I'm the only one in the from community fighting this struggle but I'm glad to see that there is a support group. I hope i do well , today is going to be day 1, I am nervous and scared but hopefuly i can take day by day and fight and see where it gets me.

Re: first time-first try. 19 Apr 2015 16:33 #252602

• belmont4175
  • Gold Boarder
  • נאר אמונה אין בוכ"ע
Welcome to the right place!
you are doing an amazing thing by coming here and opening up, come in relax have a seat and start reading and posting, the guys here are very warm and welcoming and mainly non - judgmental, and if you care to tell a little of your struggles so you could get the right guidance, with much Hatzlacha!!!
הסיבה שיש דברים קשים העוברים עליך היא בגלל שהאדם חושב כי "אני עומד" שהוא מנהל הכל,
ברגע שיתן הכנעה כי השי"ת מנהיג הכל אז כבר אפשר להתמודד עם הקשיים. שמעתי מאדם גדול

If life is a LEMON make LEMONADE

Thank You Hashem for every moment of Sobriety!

Re: first time-first try. 19 Apr 2015 21:14 #252616

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome fighting yidd. I echo what Belmont says. Join the community and read the handbook. You will likely keep falling but if you are trying you will slowly learn tools for living that reduce and sidestep the struggle, and give you a life of joy, integrity, peace, freedom and so much more. I haven't "arrived" (who has?), I still fall, but I've experienced all of this already.
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2015 21:15 by shlomo613. Reason: Error

Re: first time-first try. 20 Apr 2015 04:22 #252634

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome fighting yid!

You can see from shlomo and belmont the quality of members that GYE has.
The more you stay on this forum - post your inquiries and struggles the more you will get out of it.

Re: first time-first try. 20 Apr 2015 04:36 #252636

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome to GYE! You're definitely not unique and you're not alone in this struggle. I'm so glad you found GYE and I wish you much hatzlacha! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: first time-first try. 22 Apr 2015 11:07 #252854

• fightingyid
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Junior Boarder
Today is going to be day 4-so far so good!……thank you GYE i am really finding all of your information, Chizuk etc. so useful and helpful, thank you to all of those in the support group.
"One Day at a time"

Re: first time-first try. 22 Apr 2015 13:57 #252870

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Welcome to GYE, fightingyid!!

It really is great that you made it here!! Why not tell us more about yourself, about your struggles? The more we know the more we can connect, and the more we can connect, the more helpful our relationships will be.

What have you been doing these past 4 days that helped you?

KOP!! and of course, KOMT!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes