Welcome, Guest

Giving it a go one day at a time
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Giving it a go one day at a time 23950 Views

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 23 Jun 2015 22:11 #257548

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
Been away on a trip.
So hard for me to write but still clean. No isolation and good use of time is key.
Hope everyone is doing well
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2015 22:11 by ysftw.

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 30 Jun 2015 12:47 #258127

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
Was away for a while and it wasn't really possible for me to post. But I'm still clean and believe that whilst things are challenging and becoming increasingly so I am doing well and really should focus on yirat shamayim sleep hard work and non isolation.
Hope everyone out there is doing well too

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 30 Jun 2015 14:41 #258138

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Very very very nice to hear those good news from you !

If you have some time, can you tell me how you manage to realise your resolution. I've got a lot of resolutions too, but when comes the moment to do them there is some problem. Maybe having to much is not good also,

Ane thank you very much !!
You're on the way bH !

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 30 Jun 2015 18:03 #258183

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Glad to hear. Don't be a stranger!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 01 Jul 2015 16:11 #258303

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
Just a quick update things are still going well. I think a lot of success comes from sticking to a schedule. And also from a lack of isolation. In general being around others in a good working environment is a recipe for success.

Anyway to the question below

Palti-Yossef wrote:
Very very very nice to hear those good news from you !

If you have some time, can you tell me how you manage to realise your resolution. I've got a lot of resolutions too, but when comes the moment to do them there is some problem. Maybe having to much is not good also,

Ane thank you very much !!
You're on the way bH !

I'd make two points 1) i'm very flattered that you've asked me but you can see my history on this forum and it certainly leaves much to be desired so take whatever i say with a pinch of salt 2) I'm not 100% sure exactly what you're asking but I will try to answer and you can tell me what you think/ask again.

Without going into a lot of useless detail, for about 3 years now I've been working pretty incessantly on becoming productive and sticking to the rules I set for myself. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but after a long time I'm certainly better than I was and better than a lot of people that I know when it comes to productivity. Here's three quick things which I've learned about productivity.

1) build it up. just like the 90 days challenge, it needs to be built step by step. I would go 30 days focusing on doing the same 5 things per day. After this I might add or takeaway or change them but everything was focused on making things routine and instinctive, thus taking up less brainspace and requiring less willpower.

2) momentum. being productive and getting the things done which you have to do is a momentum based mindset, once you get doing stuff you're in a productive zone and you dont really want to stop. it can be a bit of a manic zone but as long as you're doing stuff that's fine.

3) just do it. there is no secret to do the things that you resolve to do. In the moment of free choice/will power it's you vs you. everything hangs in the balance and you just have to somehow work out how to resolve to just get on and do it. This isnt a pleasant experience it's not a crazy experience. It's an efficient and begrudging experience. I want to do X today, but I dont feel like it. Okay but I'm going to do it anyway. How? There is no how I just have to decide to do it and do it.

Hope that helps, but it probably didn't let me know!

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 02 Jul 2015 23:46 #258523

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
So again as sleep gets worse towards the end of the week the Tayva to slip rares it's head. I will not back down!

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 02 Jul 2015 23:49 #258525

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
Btw am I the only one who finds it crazy that you can move up on the 90 day challenge.
Let's day I'm on 20 days...If I get to 21 days I move up about 5 slots. That means that for every person who gets to 21 days there are about 5 people on more days than that who fall in that time.
A real lesson against being complacent!

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 03 Jul 2015 00:56 #258548

• cordnoy
ysftw wrote:
Btw am I the only one who finds it crazy that you can move up on the 90 day challenge.
Let's day I'm on 20 days...If I get to 21 days I move up about 5 slots. That means that for every person who gets to 21 days there are about 5 people on more days than that who fall in that time.

Based on that, give yourself about four or five weeks and you'll be #1!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 03 Jul 2015 17:13 #258614

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
ysftw wrote:

Based on that, give yourself about four or five weeks and you'll be #1!

Hahaha, nono there's still always going to be a group of very stubborn Yirei Shamayim who have a strangle hold on the top spots. ALthough of course with hardwork and dedication I do aim to join that chevra.

Anyway going to check my 90 day history for guidance about keeping going.

Shabbat shalom to all;)

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 03 Jul 2015 17:44 #258619

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I'll just need to live long enough lol
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 05 Jul 2015 01:06 #258648

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
a day of reflecting on history, teshuva, and renewed growth...fast well people

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 06 Jul 2015 23:20 #258842

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
sleep is key.
Sometimes I dont think i'm taking this seriously enough

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 08 Jul 2015 01:17 #258948

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
amazing but challenging day
and yet again I haven't learned about sleep!
Begin with the end in mind, tomorrow I will be getting a very early night, night!

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 08 Jul 2015 23:57 #259084

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
Got to 34; this is the longest I've ever done. And I owe it to being busy the whole time. Beign productive the whole time. Not having to much time chilling by myself. Especially when tired.
The more yirat shamayim I have the earlier I will go to bed. This is my bechira point at the moment!

Re: Giving it a go one day at a time 09 Jul 2015 23:19 #259179

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
35 days!
A day at a time gets me far.
But it's a scary time, the amount of places I jump forward each day means that 5 people who have got into the 30s are dropping off each day. Dangerous time.
Anyway again sleep is the key.
Off to bed, excited for shabbat
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes