Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MY STORY... 47188 Views

Re: MY STORY... 16 Feb 2016 16:59 #278068

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
Im finding that staying clean (so far 3 weeks) is much easier than the other times, im not feeling that crazy sruggle that ive felt in the past, is something wrong? Is it that one day it will just crash or could this be normal?

I do not mean to say that im not lusting    just i dont feel the need to act out
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 16 Feb 2016 18:47 #278086

• cordnoy
Sasha 2 wrote on Unknown:

cordnoy wrote on Unknown:
What does twelve steps have to do with time?
I don't know if you need it, but it sounds like you need something, especially due to the hiding.
If you have an issue, I wouldn't rush into marriage.

B'hatzlachah

What i meant is to work on it with the groups.

so, go for it!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MY STORY... 16 Feb 2016 20:29 #278104

• iwant2begood
  • Current streak: 3164 days
  • Expert Boarder
I feel the same way I'm 62 days clean but the first 3 weeks were hell. don't get fooled and think it went away your still allergic to lust. Just don't get caught of guard. Hatzlocha in your journey!!!

Re: MY STORY... 16 Feb 2016 21:08 #278116

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Hey Sasha! Hatzlacha and brach with your shidduchim, may you find your bashert bkuroiv!

I'm also in shidduchim, however I'm not that worried in the decision that the lust might bring because I trust the Hashem will send me the right one regardless.

That being said, it still doesn't take away from the fact that the lust should be under control when going in marriage.

Chazak V'emutz 
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: MY STORY... 18 Feb 2016 14:37 #278321

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Mesayin wrote on Unknown:
Hey Sasha! Hatzlacha and brach with your shidduchim, may you find your bashert bkuroiv!

I'm also in shidduchim, however I'm not that worried in the decision that the lust might bring because I trust the Hashem will send me the right one regardless.

That being said, it still doesn't take away from the fact that the lust should be under control when going in marriage.

Chazak V'emutz 

Hi! You should be zoche to find your shidduch very soon! I wonder why you are not worried, even though its obvious that Hashem will send the right girl, dont we also have to make a decision and not a blind one at that? 

I feel to honestly decide on the right one I have to be clean so im not lusting. (correct me if im wrong)

Re: MY STORY... 18 Feb 2016 21:20 #278359

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Sasha 2 wrote on Unknown:

Mesayin wrote on Unknown:

Chazak V'emutz 

Hi! You should be zoche to find your shidduch very soon! I wonder why you are not worried, even though its obvious that Hashem will send the right girl, dont we also have to make a decision and not a blind one at that? 

I feel to honestly decide on the right one I have to be clean so im not lusting. (correct me if im wrong)

Umein on the bracha!

Let me clarify:

Of course we are obligated to try to make the right decision and try hard not to make a decision based upon lust as much as we can.

However, at the end of the day , the decision has already been made, so I have no concern hat I'm going to end up with the wrong one because I have lust issues, but of course we have to try not to make the decision (which has already been made in shamayim beforehand) based on our lust.

Just like we have our parnassah already from when we are born but it is up to us to get it in a permitted way and not by stealing C"V, even though at the end of the day the guy that stole was going to end up with the money anyway because it was bashert for him, he still going to pay the price for after 120, so the same case is when we look for shidduchim, we have to try to do it the permitted way even though we know that the decision has already been made.

Hope I was clear.

Chazak V'emutz
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Re: MY STORY... 18 Feb 2016 21:43 #278364

• cordnoy
Forgive me for getting involved, but can you provide the source for your statement that one who steals money - it was bashert for him to have that money anyway?
Thank you

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MY STORY... 19 Feb 2016 17:15 #278452

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
cordnoy wrote on Unknown:
Forgive me for getting involved, but can you provide the source for your statement that one who steals money - it was bashert for him to have that money anyway?
Thank you

No need to ask forgiveness. 

I heard it from Rav Fishel shachter and others, I will try to acquire a pinpoint source for it.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: MY STORY... 19 Feb 2016 20:07 #278472

• cordnoy
Thanks

Re: MY STORY... 21 Feb 2016 11:27 #278532

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
I find that shabbos is harder to avoid triggers being that i sleep more and have more spare time.
Any ideas for these times when i can be caught off gaurd?

Re: MY STORY... 22 Feb 2016 18:20 #278751

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
An opportunity came for me to speak with someone (a Rabbi that i dont know) about my story, I feel that the right thing is for me to do this but im extremely nervous to do this being that i am so embarrassed & i am in shiduchim!
I need the push to do this can anyone help me get the chizzuk? 

Re: MY STORY... 22 Feb 2016 18:25 #278752

• realsimcha
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha - you gotta find out two things: one does he understand this struggle? two, can you trust him to keep your confidence. if you can verify those things then who knows... maybe it will be the chizuk you need ? 

Re: MY STORY... 22 Feb 2016 20:57 #278777

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו

Sasha 2 wrote on 22 Feb 2016 18:20:
An opportunity came for me to speak with someone (a Rabbi that i dont know) about my story, I feel that the right thing is for me to do this but im extremely nervous to do this being that i am so embarrassed & i am in shiduchim!
I need the push to do this can anyone help me get the chizzuk?  

Sasha, please keep in mind the following:

1. This is a global problem, so there shouldn't be much embarrassment since everybody has lust issues, one more and one less.

2. Star off slow, don't be explicit right away and you'll get used to him.

3. Just like posting on the forum, at first it's embarrassing but then it becomes second nature and you'll be able to talk to him with ease.

4. Weigh your options on a scale, either you go to him and speak to him and you might be a little embarrassed or don't talk to him and you'll be left with the problem. 
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 08:43 #279189

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
I cant believe that i built up the courage to actually meet someone face to face.
I have a meeting later today!
I hope it goes well.
I'll keep you posted...

Re: MY STORY... 25 Feb 2016 15:30 #279239

• cordnoy
Sasha 2 wrote on 25 Feb 2016 08:43:
I cant believe that i built up the courage to actually meet someone face to face.
I have a meeting later today!
I hope it goes well.
I'll keep you posted...

We hope you chose well.
Tis a great step towards freedom.

B'hatzlachah

Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes