Welcome, Guest

Fear of staying clean!?!?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fear of staying clean!?!? 1104 Views

Fear of staying clean!?!? 01 Apr 2015 17:23 #251682

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
B"H so far i have been clean for 1 week, over the week i had this fear of not going to be able to act out ever again! These dont last long & I am very very happy that i am clean, can anyone relate to such thoughts? Is this normal?
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: Fear of staying clean!?!? 01 Apr 2015 17:29 #251686

• cordnoy
It is called "Fear of Sobriety."
Always leavin' a back-door opened.
Wantin' to stay clean, but if the goin' gets tough, it's there for the takin'.

to answer your question though, "No, I have no idea of what you're talkin about."
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Fear of staying clean!?!? 01 Apr 2015 19:30 #251694

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Sasha 2 wrote:
B"H so far i have been clean for 1 week, over the week i had this fear of not going to be able to act out ever again! These dont last long & I am very very happy that i am clean, can anyone relate to such thoughts? Is this normal?
Yes! Very normal. Whenever I would do "teshuva", I'd feel it's chaval that I have to get rid of all this "stuff", cuz when I invariably slip, slip, slip, fall, I will have to go through a lot of effort to get it back, and build it up again. Crazy, but true.

Re: Fear of staying clean!?!? 01 Apr 2015 22:23 #251706

• SamJoe
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
Just wanted to add to what was said that if you feel scared that you will not "be able" to act out again, well that might be a sign that deep down you really don't want to give up acting out...
Try to focus on why you want to stop... What was it like till now?
Hatzlacha!

Re: Fear of staying clean!?!? 02 Apr 2015 00:52 #251710

• TriggerMeNot88
  • Senior Boarder
  • כי פשעי אני אדע וחטאתי נגדי תמיד
I personally never got that. But I have def heard of that. Especially if acting out is an escape for you. For example some people get triggered by emotional stress/trauma. So acting out is actually is their way of dealing with(escaping) the stress/trauma. So trying to give that up and stay sober will be sub-conciously scary. Because you now will have to actually deal with the stress in s healthy manner. Which is much harder. And usually an addict has no clue how to deal with it.Or so I've read.
"To suffer in silence is to suffer alone.
To suffer alone...........well, no one should have to do that."

My Threads
guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/251355-Chizuk?limit=15&start=45
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes