Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: A new start 9952 Views

Re: A new start 30 Apr 2015 03:58 #253521

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote:
If you can do 40, you can do 1!

I find that way of thinking to be very helpful

Re: A new start 05 May 2015 03:06 #253889

• yonatan374
  • Current streak: 102 days
  • Junior Boarder
Sometimes I feel like I want to slip and fall. I haven't but the Yetzer Harah is tugging at my sleeve.

Re: A new start 05 May 2015 03:46 #253894

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
When the Yetzer Harah had me by the neck yesterday, it helped me to think that I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. So I didn't think about it. Not saying you are but thought maybe your visions of that yetzer tugging were extending beyond the moment.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: A new start 06 May 2015 01:38 #253989

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder

Re: A new start 06 May 2015 02:03 #253991

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
yonatan374

I needed just that kind of humor.

Now how did you know?

Re: A new start 07 May 2015 01:41 #254086

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
I just know these things. LOL

Re: A new start 18 May 2015 02:47 #254946

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
I fell last week. At the time I didn't think it was a fall but looking at my web monitor log, I have to be honest, it was. Not like I used to do, these was soft core pics I went looking for and no masturbation. Still the name of the site is Guard Your Eyes and I didn't. Starting over. I thought I was doing so well, too.

Re: A new start 18 May 2015 15:22 #254967

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
It is said of Rav Saadia Gaon that he would do teshuva on all of his aveiros every day. The reason he gave for this was that he reached a new level of understanding of Hashem's chesed every day, and so, he did teshuva each day due to his newly enhanced understanding of how severe the aveira was.
If you come to a greater realization of the severity of a slip/fall, it seems that it is a sign of growth and improvement. Keep it up!
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 18 May 2015 15:23 by bigmoish.

Re: A new start 18 May 2015 17:31 #254975

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Keep progressing forward chaver! Sounds like you are doing just that!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: A new start 19 May 2015 20:33 #255069

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
I made the donation I promised I would if I fell. That was an expensive reminder to guard my eyes!

Re: A new start 27 May 2015 02:57 #255462

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
Hope everyone had a good yom tov. "Keep On Truckin'"

Re: A new start 27 May 2015 04:10 #255465

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
What about making a contribution to a mutual fund for your kids? That way it hurts you a bit now and helps your kids later. I was just thinking lately about the whole idea of giving more tzedokah that we can afford as a deterrent. So we end up acting out which hurts our family and then we in turn give more money than we can afford to tezedokah which in turn hurts our family, maybe. Maybe maybe not, guess each case is different. Personally it would seem better to me if every day we were sober we celebrated it by giving a few bucks to GYE as a token of appreciation. Maybe I'm just nuts

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: A new start 27 May 2015 04:20 #255466

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Nuts? hardly
I once read of a kallah that approached Rav Yaakov Kalmenetsky zt"l and said she lied in a court case and therefore received $ that was not coming to her. She wanted to clean up her act before she got married. Reb Yaakov advised to give the money to tzedakkah but not a Jewish one - I think it was the heart foundation.
He felt she may somehow at the end of the day justify what she had done if a proper tzedakkah profited.
Giving to GYE as Hakaros Hatov makes a lot more sense to me.

Re: A new start 28 May 2015 00:56 #255513

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
These are all good ideas. Yes, the donation hurt. Being out of work, doubly so. But I wanted declare my intention that there would be a known cost to my fall. Now I will have that squarely in mind. I agreed to make a donation when (not if) I hit 90 days.

Re: A new start 18 Jun 2015 00:27 #257098

• yonatan374
  • Junior Boarder
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes