Welcome, Guest

Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 1335 Views

Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 08:06 #249138

• hechochma
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
This is really written as a Diary - I couldn't figure out how else to record battles and thoughts here. My situation mandates that I my name will fall off of the chart every two weeks - I'm in yeshiva and don't have access to the internet at all for weeks at a time - during which time I don't have to worry about these problems.
But, alas, there are off-shabbosim and there are bein hazmanim. I've still never made it for three months. Something always gets to me. So now, with the help of the different tools on GYE, plus a dedicated Journal that is more than just a password protected word-document I will hopefully pass through 90 days and more.
I am kind of unclear as to how the 90 days thing would work for me - being as it doesn't come up too often - only bein hazmanim and off-shabbosim or special occasions. However, since before I shipped out to Yeshiva it definitely reached a level of somewhat addiction, I believe that I should treat the issue with the 90 day plus system.
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 08:18 #249139

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
Again, I am writing this as I would a Journal, so don't mind if it's unhelpful, out of place, etv....
Ok, the first post is about how fired up I am that day 90 of my Journey is Erev Shavuos - I'm pretty confident that it's not healthy to set goals so far away - but I can't help being fired up about it.
I really need to go to sleep - however, when I next get the chance I will Be'h specify the upcoming hurdles and the plans, strategies and provisions being made to overcome or circumvent each situation.
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 08:19 #249140

• cordnoy
Welcome,
We don't know much about you, but your road to recovery should be blessed with hatzlachah.
It is kedai to read a lot of the tips on the homepage, or other places sprinkled about this site.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 08:26 #249141

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
That was a quick response - *Really Happy Smiley Face* (There weren't any emoticons that truly expressed my enthusiasm) - Thank for welcoming me. This website makes me heart sing Mi Ke'amcha Yisrael!!!

However, I really must go to sleep. So long, for now!

My Thread

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 10:15 #249145

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Welcome Fowth!!!

The first step has already been taken. May you have loads of Hatzlacha further on this road to recovery.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 10:35 #249149

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcom to Gye
What Cordony said is very important, read the Handbook and the tips on the main page.
Work one day, one hour, one minute, and sometimes for one second at a time.
We all wish you Hatzluche.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 22 Feb 2015 16:18 #249166

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!
גם אני מצטרף להנ"ל
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 23 Feb 2015 23:45 #249284

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
ג''א

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 01 Apr 2015 16:35 #251672

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
how are you doing Fowth? we are with you on the 90 day journey. you wrote that Bein Hazmanim is the main challenge for you. so how are you keeping up?
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 02 Apr 2015 04:29 #251729

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome to GYE! Keep on posting!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 02 Apr 2015 06:18 #251733

• Bris Olam
  • Fresh Boarder
Have you tried the Taphsic method .. well scary but just might do the trick for those 10% times (I call them 10% times as the phenomena occurs about 10% of all my down time where I suddenly get an irrational urge to sin).

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 02 Apr 2015 06:21 #251734

• Bris Olam
  • Fresh Boarder
Also if you are in yeshiva .. take time out of your lunch break and go schmooze with a Rav about it. I presume they understand that this is getting more and more widespread and therefore might have the tools to deal with it. When i was in yeshiva there was a Rav who also had a degree in psychotherapy and so I schmoozed with him about all sorts.

Hatzlocho.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 02 Apr 2015 19:58 #251766

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
I very much disagree with you regarding to talk to a rav. Unfortunately most rabonim have no clue on this issue. Before I would speak with a rav I would at least make sure that the only thing I will get from the talk, is humiliation. Very much rabonim are not familiar enough with these issues, and may be very ignorant. So be careful to which rav you talk about it. If the rav is a therapist then go ahead.
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 29 May 2015 23:42 #255655

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
Well, I appreciate the interest. Thank you very much. i would like to mention that Bein Hazmanim was very good. I made through the first 2 weeks clean. I don't think I've ever done anything like that before. However, eventually, I fell.

My Thread

Re: Focus and Growth - My Three-Moon Journey 29 May 2015 23:51 #255656

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
I thank Hashem for that Bein Hazmanim, and Be'h from here on out I will make it to complete recovery.

In response to the discussion about Rabbonim - I spoke with 3 Rabbonim and a therapist about this among other things. Baruch Hashem, the Rabbonim, each in his own style, responded quite nicely to the issue and were helpful. The therapist came later. Baruch Hashem, I haven't come across anyone who was judgemental.

Pre-Shavuos was a minor disaster. But, steps are being taken to prevent these things from recurring. Be'h this Motzei Shabbos I am installing a filter on one ofthecomputers that causes a problem. Don't ask why it wasn't on ther before - it's a bit complicated. But it will be worked out, G-d willing.

Chazak VE'matz

My Thread

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes