Welcome, Guest

I will make it to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I will make it to 90 6870 Views

Re: I will make it to 90 22 Jun 2014 22:59 #233927

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Welcome Dovi!!

I agree, why not open your own thread, after all, it is your own personal story.

Looking forward to getting to know you!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: I will make it to 90 23 Jun 2014 01:44 #233941

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Dovi!
Welcome!
We're happy to have you here as another brother in the GYE family to share our journey to recovery with.
How about starting by sharing with us here some of your challenges and struggles.

Re: I will make it to 90 23 Jun 2014 07:17 #233954

• abieham
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hi guys its sunday today. I did great today. I had to go to a mall today I took my glasses off until i got all the way to the men's section!
But otherwise the worst part of this struggle is how i think of ways of acting out and how i am able to. I get really bored sometimes and i wonder how i can act out. I dont have much hobbies either

Re: I will make it to 90 23 Jun 2014 07:18 #233955

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I hear you! I do that too unfortunately. Just change the topic and try not to feel too bad.

It looks like you found the solution though: get a hobby! Any ideas for one?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: I will make it to 90 23 Jun 2014 09:35 #233960

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
dear dovi
i also started 2 weeks ago, and i have to get the credit to (Hashem) and the chevra at gye. being in communication has saved me.
your friend lavi
i love you all

Re: I will make it to 90 25 Jun 2014 03:38 #234090

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
Today I saw a crazy chidush in Reb Tzadok HaCohen Melublin. In Tzidkat Hatazdik 49 the rabbi writes that in the areas that we fall we have the most potential to be great in. And the Malbim (105:4) writes that the goal is to grow and strive for more and not neccasarily succeed.
I got both of these from vehaer Einenu. Great hidushim.
Today was a good day. I failed my road test but I was careful not to look around at the girls there. I tried my best. I hate driving because of all the pritzut. Any advice? A rabbi jokingly told me that I'm chayav to close my eyes and whatever happens isn't my fault its hers. He was joking but what can I practically do? when I'm at a corner I usually just play around on the radio as they walk by

Re: I will make it to 90 25 Jun 2014 05:12 #234091

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I relate with the driving problem, we need to take it one traffic light at a time. Radio's a great idea, but you still have to constantly look up to see if the light's turned green yet....

maybe we can train ourselves to stare at the traffic lights until they change...

KUTGW!!! KOP!!!

Re: I will make it to 90 26 Jun 2014 06:48 #234163

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
Today was a great day i was social and had fun. I was walking in the street and saw a girl very immodest from far. I immediately put my head down and walked passed her. even after i was having lust and desire towards her and i stopped and prayed to hashem to help me and take away my desire and continued walking without a problem B"H.

Re: I will make it to 90 26 Jun 2014 15:53 #234176

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's AWESOME!!!

The realizing the danger, and then accepting the fact that this is the way my mind works and I can't fight it so I need to ask Hashem to help me continue to live life as it comes.

In the past my reaction to that scenario would have been as follows: When I first see the trigger "Uch, I was on such a high, and now this" (scowl) so I know that I can't look, and turn my head away, but what's that? I'm still feeling pulled towards her?! "Hashem, how can you do this?! I turned away, I'm supposed to be free now, I'm not supposed to be feeling this!!!! " That would lead to feeling angry, lost, unfulfilled...and going to fill it.

BH, I've come a long way!!

Re: I will make it to 90 27 Jun 2014 21:52 #234272

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Guys today is day 7 and im still clean. It feels great. I am only 18 and I get really scared reading the stories of other people (that's the point right?). How do you guys like family men with a family and wife get up after a fall. Im just wondering maybe it can help me to be strong and help others

Re: I will make it to 90 30 Jun 2014 00:45 #234326

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
I fell today...day 9. I found a way to access internet on my phone through an app. I have to block it A.S.A.P. I feel very down.

Re: I will make it to 90 30 Jun 2014 02:13 #234329

• shivisi
  • Platinum Boarder
abieham wrote:
I found a way to access internet on my phone...
I have to block it A.S.A.P.
I feel very down.

You feel Down?????
You should feel GREAT! That even though you "found a way to access internet on my phone" - You didn't just keep on accessing it, but rather you said to yourself [and to us] - I have to block it A.S.A.P. !!!

Tell me my friends, Is this guy not unbelievably strong and amaaaazing!!???!!!

Way to go ABIE!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014 02:17 by shivisi.

Re: I will make it to 90 30 Jun 2014 05:07 #234338

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
I just want to tell everybody i blocked the internet and even after my fall i saw girls not dressed and didnt look!!!

Re: I will make it to 90 30 Jun 2014 08:42 #234344

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
dear abie,
you should go from strength to strength im"h. i am married and i can tell you that it is quite embarrassing to fall, when you are more established with a family, however it is a sobering reminder that marriage and age doesn't cure problems, although does strengthen ones self esteem. the more you can help yourself before your marriage, the better your marriage will be.
your friend lavi
i love you all

Re: I will make it to 90 30 Jun 2014 09:51 #234349

• shivisi
  • Platinum Boarder
abieham wrote:
I just want to tell everybody i blocked the internet and even after my fall i saw girls not dressed and didnt look!!!

May Hashem Who knows how difficult these trials are, pay you the reward you TRULY deserve for your herculous acts of strength!
Chazak ve'ematz!!!
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes