Welcome, Guest

The Road to Lizhensk
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The Road to Lizhensk 17185 Views

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 21 Aug 2013 20:39 #216773

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Good work rebbe!
keep on keeping on

(just for the record, o-r is not a heimishe hashgucha)
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2013 22:35 by ZemirosShabbos.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 22 Aug 2013 07:51 #216823

• cordnoy
us americans expect to wake up with a post from you, similar to yesterdays...and it does look like it was edited somewhat later; that's fine. keep it up.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 22 Aug 2013 09:39 #216829

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
So, the rest of my day was pretty good. Last night, my wife asked me if i was still clean . I said the count isnt about "keeping clean" and i explained Dov's theory of someone "holding his breath". Its about becoming a better person and gaining control with the help of Hashem, since i am powerless over my lusts. So i can be clean for years, but if all im doing is lusting in my mind and not acting out, then it doesnt mean anything. She seemed to have been satisfied with that response .
Anyway, i was also in a very good mood yesterday, and i think its because i got this huge weight off my shoulders, i was living this huge lie in BOTH of my lives, and i finally got rid of it, so it was very relieving .

Sorry bochurim, next part has to be on the BB forum
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 25 Aug 2013 20:40 #217156

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, so heres an update. Ive been clean for the most part. Today, i had a bad day. What made it even worse was my wife catching me in middle.
I didnt fall, but i was laying and fantasizing and she already knows the signs of me doing that.
Before that tho, ive been pretty good. Even tho im not totally there yet and have a lot to do before i can say that i dont lust at all, im ggetting better in general
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 25 Aug 2013 21:48 #217162

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So i guess we can say thank God. Shake it off and move forward!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 26 Aug 2013 11:06 #217200

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Like dms said, while it is never pleasant getting caught by your wife, at least she stopped you before you went to far.

Also, I don't think you will ever get to the point where you don't lust, unless you get neutered. You are after all a human, and human's lust. If that is your goal you are setting yourself up to fail.

Lusting is human. Letting your lust take over and lead you to places that you don't want to be is not OK.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2013 09:53 #217536

• thatguyoverthere
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Gold Boarder
Be strong, friend!
I just told my wife about my struggles yesterday. She has a hard time "putting herself in my shoes" so to speak, since she can't imagine what I'm going through.
Anyway, be strong. We can do this together.
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 16 Oct 2013 22:26 #221302

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
I havent posted on here for close to 2 months, and i really should have. The past 2 months have been utterly horrible. I went to OINK meetings at the beginning, which kept me clean for most of the time, but over bein hazmanim, there were no meetings and i fell miserably.
Between getting a new phone and not shutting off the internet right away. And needing an app downloaded so emailing venishmartem for the code and then.... whatever, its been bad.

So 2 nights ago, we had our first meeting since bein hazmanim. I have to say, it was great to get back together with the guys, they're all so amazing. (even the ones that couldnt come. shoutout to avrom, yankel, eli and Daniel)
Even though we didnt actually talk about the steps, (we had a new member and we were breaking him in) i think all the talk started creeping in. Over Bein haZ, i met with HashemsSoldier, and asked him a question on the steps. I said "it's great that i'm powerless, i can say that the whole day, but how do i internalize it to the point where when it comes down to it, i can really surrender?"
He said that the way he did it, was every time he had a teivah to look twice, he would tell himself, "this is because im powerless" even if he didnt mean entirely what he was saying and even if it didn't work at first, and then after a while it started sinking in, and then he was able to start surrendering.

So i've been trying to do that whenever i had a teiva to look twice. Today i was walking home on some backroad path, and suddenly i saw this woman in front of me. On a usual day, i would look twice, but suddenly i found myself looking down and saying to myself "Hashem, I'm in this position because you put me here, i am utterly powerless without your help, so please help me" and continued walking with my eyes down. After a few minutes, my YH got the best of me for a second and i looked up to see how far ahead of me she was. She wasn't there at all. Mind you, this is a path with no paths off of it besides one that goes out of the way. She took the other path, and i had a clear path ahead of me to get home.

I texted Skeptical, and he asked what that means to me. It means that i could do it, i am capable of actually internalizing the fact that I'm powerless and i could give it up to Hashem. It also means that Hashem listens, because theres only one reason why she would take the other path and thats because some higher power caused her to go that way.

BTW, Today is Day 2, i fell on Monday
(1+2)x4=3

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 16 Oct 2013 23:46 #221311

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
der rebbe zol leibin inz firen ankeigen moshiach tzidkainee
keep on rolling in the right direction!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Oct 2013 01:03 #221320

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
I think zemmy would say "great stuff" don't know why he didn't

so ditto.

KUTGW!!

and please please please KOP!!!! PPPKOP!!!!!

Just one thing, while your working on expectations, don't expect to feel that every time you do the right thing. Hashem gives us plenty of ways to see that he loves us, we just don't always want to see them, this time He stuffed it in your face.

So next time you do the right thing, find all the other things Hashem is giving you (like the fact that you were able to do the right thing) and thank Him back.

KOR!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Last Edit: 17 Oct 2013 01:19 by Pidaini.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Oct 2013 01:23 #221322

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Great Stuff! Great Stuff! for real
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Oct 2013 03:46 #221338

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wahhoooo, Incredible!! KOI (keep on internalizing, Yankel maybe you should add it to your list)

thanks for the shout out by the way
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Nov 2013 18:31 #222665

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
for all those who can see it, the first part of my post in on my thread in the Baalei Batims Forum

Anyway, so being as stress was my biggest trigger, getting rid of stress is helping me keep clean im not clean for so long, just about a week, but i feel much better about myself and a thought has barely crossed my mind since i started working on my stress.

I thought and was told a few things. First of all, we're like puppets in a puppet show, we think we're moving our legs, but theres really a big hand holding and pulling the strings. Its hard to internalize when everything is going against you, but if you internalize it before, it helps immensely.
Second, not only does it help to talk to Hashem, but it also helps to ASK Hashem for something. I asked him to take away my teiva recently, and he proceeded to do just that. I also asked him to take away my stress, it was hurting me too much, and that night was one of the best nights of my life. I saw a great quote somewhere, but i cant remember where (if somebody knows, please post the link). It goes something like "Hashem, if i cant have what i want, please teach me to want what i have"

This is what we have to internalize: Hashem knows whats good for us, and gives us exactly that. Nothing more and nothing less. We just dont see it. So basically what we have is really what we SHOULD be wanting, so we ask Hashem to please teach us to want what we have.

ROCK AND ROLL!!!
(1+2)x4=3

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Nov 2013 18:50 #222669

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect in time for Rosh Chodesh, the beginning of RENEWAL!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 03 Nov 2013 22:30 #222684

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Woo hoo! Sounds Great!! Keep it up!!

Things are getting better. You can smell h*pe in the air. (not hype)

-Eli
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes