Welcome, Guest

The chronicles of inastruggle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The chronicles of inastruggle 74372 Views

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 03 May 2013 21:54 #206569

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HEH HEH

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 May 2013 01:06 #207069

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
THANK YOU ICHUD KEHILLOS

Because of the asifa i came home and convinced everyone who had unfiltered phones and laptops to filter them. i just finished installing filters 2 phones 2 laptops. another computer is planned for the next time im there.I'm also b'ezras hashem going to call up the phone company to cancel the internet on one phone that can't get a filter.

(previously i'd only installed filters on the desktop computers)
Last Edit: 12 May 2013 12:06 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 12 May 2013 12:05 #207090

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
During the asifah they said that even without the shmutz the problem of the internet is that there is a huge amount of bitul zman and we become like slaves to our computers phones etc.Obviously there was a lot more said but this was the part that hit home by me.So I decided that I was going offline, and i wasn't sure what to do about gye. Either i would stop it completely or just keep the minimal amount necessary.

When i came home i told my sister what they said and she was maskim so we both decided to stop using the internet for recreation,but i told my sister that i would still be using the internet for something but i'm not saying what it is.Needless to say she wasn't too pleased about that.

She wasn't home for shabbos, so once she left i came here (well gmail but whatever) and spoke to someone about this and basically he was telling me to tell my sister about gye (obviously not all the details but the basic thing) and this way i could keep on coming here and not have her upset at me.I didn't really think that it would be such a good idea and i said that i think i'll keep coming here but only when she isn't around.

Over shabbos i thought about it a while and i realized that what i think is helping me possibly the most is that i'm (hopefully) helping other people here and if i only come here when my sister isn't around then i'm pretty much not going to help anyone at all.
Another thing i thought was that for a while already iv'e been feeling like i have a double life, i haven't really felt that way while i was watching p*** but now that i'm part of a community and making new friends that are secret i was feeling like i had a double life.

So i decided to tell her.

Motzei shabbos came around and when she came home i went into her room and shut the door and told her that none of this is to be repeated, and the site that i was talking about on friday ,is a frum site for people who have been exposed to things online etc. etc.
But i did whitewash it a bit and she did not get that i have a problem with this as well, just that i had been exposed to it at one point, and now i'm trying to help others.So it isn't exactly like telling a rebbe or anything but it will allow me to keep being here and that's what the point of telling her was.
Last Edit: 12 May 2013 12:05 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 12 May 2013 12:09 #207091

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
So l'maysah geret
1)i plan on staying here, so that all of my fans (consisting of me myself and I) can keep seeing me.
2)i will bli neder not be using the internet for recreational use besides for music
3)there is no three, that's all

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 13 May 2013 02:14 #207131

• Avrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • מודים אנחנו לך
inastruggle wrote:
So l'maysah geret
1)i plan on staying here, so that all of my fans (consisting of me myself and I) can keep seeing me.

You got me scared brother !!!
Great to still have you on board!!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 13 May 2013 21:22 #207158

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Kol Hakavod to you!
very impressive
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 14 May 2013 01:09 #207174

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
THANK YOU INNA!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 14 May 2013 21:22 #207214

• chachaman
  • Gold Boarder
Yashir Koach! Congrats--that must have been really hard to do, so kol hakavod!

When I first chatted with you before Pesach, I had no idea that you'd become such a big inspiration to me and a real friend (even though you're anonymous).

Thank you!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 17 May 2013 07:02 #207257

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
A big thank you to skeptical, who was the one who convinced me to tell my sister.

back to business,

An open letter to advertisers:

I'm very sorry for wasting some of your valuable time but I feel that I must share an incident which recently happened to me.A little while ago I was driving in a city road and reached a red light which I stopped for.Now being that I think that I am a fairly reasonable fellow I did not mind waiting for a little while as the pedestrians took their turn using the road.
However this time waiting, was a bit different than the previous lights that I had patiently waited at during this trip.The reason for that was because this time I was waiting behind a bus.
Now I don't have anything against buses in fact I'm rather fond of them since they provide transportation to some people who otherwise might not be able to travel due to various reasons.
This was not the first time Iv'e been behind a bus, but what caught my attention was one of your posters.Now being that I believe myself to be a pretty knowledgeable person I don't mind advertisements since I know that it's because of them that we receive many benefits, including partial funding of the public buses.
This particular poster was advertising a certain brand of eyeglasses.
Now, I definitely don't have a problem with eyeglasses since I know them to be extremely helpful to the sight-impaired.In fact many of my friends and family wear them.
So by now you must be wondering, if I'm a reasonable, patient, and
knowledgeable person who appreciates red lights, buses, eyeglasses, and
most importantly advertising then why an I writing to you?

Well the reason I unfortunately feel the need to take up some of your valuable time is concerning the person who was modeling the eyeglasses, or more accurately the attire she was clothed in during the time which she was modeling the eyeglasses.
Without getting into unnecessary detail, what the model was wearing was quite inappropriate to display even privately, and most definitely on the back of a public bus that travels all over town.
Now being that I try to be understanding of people I tried to figure out what might have caused you to decide to use that particular picture to promote the aforementioned eyeglasses.

My first train of thought revolved around business sense.Maybe you thought that by putting the glasses on an immodestly dressed woman you would attract some extra attention to the eyeglasses.This would be no excuse for your behavior but then i might have something to work with.However I soon realized that that certainly was not the reason behind this incident since (if memory serves me well) studies have proven that adding this kind of thing does not cause people to recall the advertised brand more accurately, in fact in some cases it actually decreased the brand recollection . (quite logically so i might add, seeing as that element would only cause people to be distracted from the object being advertised) and
being that i believe i'm dealing with intelligent individuals here that would leads me to believe that business sense was not behind this decision.

The next few ideas were that maybe the company was trying to advertise that they support certain ideas or causes, (such as gender or racial equality among other ideas) but after even a superficial examination those ideas were quickly realized to be extremely implausible.
After many attempts to figure out the reason behind this act I remain as clueless as I was at the beginning of this endeavor.

Now being that I'm a reasonable person it did not even occur to me that you do not have a perfectly good and understandable reason for doing something that is essentially exploiting and dehumanizing women by turning them into the equivalent of glittery letters or other eye catching materials.What this does (and I believe did) to society is change the way we look at women,and causes us to stop seeing them as the intelligent human beings they are, and instead replace that image with a picture of something that can and should be used in anyway we feel benefits us.

However being that I did what I feel to be my utmost best in trying to understand the (as mentioned earlier, most probably, perfectly acceptable) rationale behind your actions I write to you in hope that you will clarify the little problem I seem to be having.

Thank you and eagerly awaiting your reply,

inastruggle
Last Edit: 17 May 2013 07:53 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 17 May 2013 19:08 #207274

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Did you send it?
Get the address for the advertising company and send it.
Yah!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 23 May 2013 21:35 #207618

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Chizuk for the day:

"I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can."

-The Little Engine That Could

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 23 May 2013 22:20 #207626

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Chizuk for the day,
"Tut tut, looks like rain..."
Whinnie the Pooh

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 23 May 2013 22:26 #207629

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
inastruggle wrote:
Chizuk for the day:

"I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can."

-The Little Engine That Could

"I—know-G-d—can, I—know-G-d—can, I—know-G-d—can."

Is that what you meant to say

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 23 May 2013 22:54 #207635

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
"I—know-G-d—can, I—know-G-d—can, I—know-G-d—can."

-the little smiley face that could [lift weights all day]
-the big bodybuilder that could [rip a lion in half]

shkoyich for visiting
come back soon.
Last Edit: 23 May 2013 23:20 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 24 May 2013 01:48 #207651

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes