Welcome, Guest

The chronicles of inastruggle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The chronicles of inastruggle 74373 Views

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 10 Apr 2013 18:18 #204784

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Oh! Microsoft Word!

Did she find your English/Lashon Kodesh poems?
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 10 Apr 2013 19:06 #204801

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
nah, i already sent them into the binah

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 10 Apr 2013 19:29 #204803

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
inastruggle wrote:
nah, i already sent them into the binah

wait i thought only (insert name that rhymes with _____) is such an avid binah fan

i like that story and thanks for the laughs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 10 Apr 2013 19:48 #204808

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

wait i thought only (insert name that rhymes with _____) is such an avid binah fan

rhymes with 'easy' or 'shmeazy' or 'meh kill him, shvugger'
Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013 19:56 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 10 Apr 2013 20:21 #204814

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Inna!
you gonna doit!

You are destined 4 Gr8ness!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 01:22 #204871

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
tonight i'm going to be in the dorm iy'h so i have to say a little something for my seudas preidah.

I have to say that i didn't think that i was going to be clean this bein hazmanim. at all. All the other bein hazmanims that i remember i fell right away and pretty much every night, a few times a night.So when i fell about a week before bein hazmanim i figured that i wouldn't be interested in being clean bein hazmanim, and i'll start after bein hazmanim when it'll be easier because i won't be home most of the day(because those plans always work out)

The bein hazmanim before this was the worst that i ever had because not only did i fall but i also stayed up most nights ad alos hashachar (and sometimes later) and i missed my chavrusa in the morning because i got up so late.Which of course didn't make me feel to good so i drowned it out with some more internet and m****.

This past bein hazmanim was the best one iv'e ever had.I don't think iv'e ever learned so much on a bein hazmanim i definitely never made so many friends in one bein hazmanim and i also never was clean during a bein hazmanim.

I knew that m**** is supposed to be bad for learning but i never really saw it happen. But since i'm clean my learning has been way better (besides when i'm distracted because of gye) and most important of all my cheshek for learning is almost completely back if not more than it was.

So i want to say thank you to every one who gave me chizzuk and made me have a fun clean bein hazmanim. I really want to thank each one of you because you deserve it but i don't want to forget anyone and have them want to hurt upset at me, but you all know who you are, so please consider this a personal thank you from me.

i want to end with a bracha, short and sweet. may we all be zoiche to win all our battles and have all our tefillos answered ad bias goel tzedek b'mheirah ub'yameinu amen.

btw this doesn't mean i wont be seeing you, my yeshiva is very lax with going home for shabbosim so most of them i'm home for and i'll iy'h see you then.

EDIT: i realized i forgot to thank hashem for the bein hazmanim, and obviously nothing at all could of happened without him. SO THANK YOU HASHEM FOR EVERYTHING.
Last Edit: 13 Apr 2013 01:39 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 03:45 #204876

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a great Zman, Lern Flaaaaaasig, and don't let Yevamos confuse you. And watch out for those tricky Kal Vachomers!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 04:32 #204878

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Inastruggle,

You are mamash an inspiration. The RBSO should give you koach to shteig in al areas of ruchnios.

Eli
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 16:17 #204895

Inastruggle, I've been in the same situation of last second trying to hide stuff - it's so bad and embarassing. Really sympathize with you. That said, in awe of you for keeping clean ben hazmanim and congrats! Clicked the applause button on your profile.

By the way: I don't understand a lot of the yiddish you guys throw around; can someone make a thread with some common words and their meanings in English or Hebrew?

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 18:25 #204902

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Inna you be da winna!
kol hakavod
Keep on rocking and rolling (does that statue have afterburners?)
thanks for the chizuk, humor and camaraderie
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 19:47 #204909

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
fightaddiction2 wrote:
Inastruggle, I've been in the same situation of last second trying to hide stuff - it's so bad and embarassing. Really sympathize with you. That said, in awe of you for keeping clean ben hazmanim and congrats! Clicked the applause button on your profile.

By the way: I don't understand a lot of the yiddish you guys throw around; can someone make a thread with some common words and their meanings in English or Hebrew?

guardyoureyes.com/forum/23-Just-Having-Fun/84252-GYE-GLOSSARY-OF-TERMS
www.yiddishdictionaryonline.com/

Credit for the links: Gibbor120
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 11 Apr 2013 19:49 #204910

inastruggle you are quite hilarious!!!!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 12 Apr 2013 19:25 #205029

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Inna,
Have a great Zman
Remember that Rabbi Nachaman said "Gevalt, Zei nisht Meyayesh!"
*kiss*
ize gonna miss you

keep safe

keep clean

and as Frodo discovered,

Saruman was hiding in the Shire...

nowhere is safe

don't let your guard down

Bye!

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 12 Apr 2013 22:23 #205069

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Me: oh wow
Me: so many nice posts on my thread
Me: wow
Me: dont know what to say....
tehillimzugger: say just that

what i said when i saw this.

thank you so much everyone for your chizzuk and friendship it means so much to me.
i don't know what i'll do during the week without u guys.... i guess i'll have to take it one at a time. one weenk at a time...

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 14 Apr 2013 07:02 #205090

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
fightaddiction2 wrote:

this is a big issue and we have to do something about it, i don't have the time now to write alot of words but i'll try to write some now and i"yh i'll try to do some more later.
I happen to be a bit of a scholar in this area so i'm going to add some extra tidbits about some words.

IY"H: stands for im yirtzeh hashem, lit. if god wants. usually used to say something like i'll do it, but i'm not so sure i'll be able to. Many times it's used regardless of whether it really is god's will or not.

"Iy"h i'm going to the movies tonight."

Kabbala: something you accept upon your self, pronounced by some as 'kabbulah' which might have roots in the mystic city of kabul

"i made a kabbalah to treat myself out to a steak dinner and Jacuzzi after a fall, it's called reverse psychology."

svert shvartz faren oigen: yiddish, literally; it becomes black before the eyes, a term used to connote dismay. IMPORTANT: note to Al Sharpton and co. not a racist term

"Svert shvartz faren oigen when he (the big shvartze african american) says money or life."

kol isha: the voice of a lady.

There's a story that someone was on a city bus sitting next to a african american lady [al sharpton is reading this, ;)* ] (old and fat, so as not to trigger anyone) and she starts singing, so he says NU KOL ISHA and she turns to him "howdya know my name was koleesha?"

taphsic: stop in hebrew, also a method used on gye. can also mean sick of bad תּ jokes.

"After reading that thread i was taphsick but then i ate a תּfy and i was happy again"

thats all the time i have now
have a great week everyone.

on a serious note if anyone needs a translation you can pm me and i'll try to answer as soon as possible

*why doesn't this wanna turn into a bald weenky guy?
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013 23:18 by inastruggle.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes