Welcome, Guest

Hashem, please open up the road for me!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 102867 Views

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 12:33 #256970

serenity wrote:
Every day we are sober means the world to us and if it was feasible, we'd throw a party every single day.

How true that is but today I want to wish you a special Mazel Tov on reaching 90 days. 90 days is significant because it is at this point that you have successfully caused physical changes in your brain wiring that will make it easier to fight this daily battle.
Bderech shadam rotzeh lelech... clearly it is a day by day struggle but this milestone is quite significant.
May HKBH put all the pain behind you and may your life now become the dream you have always had full of serenity, purity, nachas, parnossa, health, wealth and happiness with a special love, closeness and intimacy with your wife and the RBSO.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 14:24 #256976

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thank you brother.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 15:11 #256981

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
pischoshelmachat your posts are raw honesty with particular attention to regret and worries of retribution by Hashem.
In the shaarei Teshuva it talks about aveiros that are only cleansed by - lo aleinu-yisurim. It's been a long time but I recall it being written there that even in such cases Limud Hatorah together with chesed can take away the need for yisurim.
If anyone knows what I mean please be so kind to quote the text appropriately or else I will bli neder look it up later.

The chesed you do by your posts should not to be minimized.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 15:27 #256985

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I was listening to a CD of Bob & Scott from AA. One of the things they were talking about was who are the 12 steps for? (and I would extend that to whatever program you are working that is working for you.) It isn't for the person who wants it. It isn't even for the person who needs it. It's for the person who does it.

They were talking about a friend who was a religious man. A very knowledgeable man of the cloth. He was a true believer in religion and in God. Yet this man could never get sobriety and died a lonely alcoholic death. Bob or Scott said that he isn't any where as religious or knowledgeable as this friend of his was. The belief or knowledge isn't what saved him. In fact he was an atheist when he came to AA. They had him, an atheist, on his knees praying and turning his power over to a higher power that he really had no understanding of. That's part of the amazing part of AA/SA or I think any program of action that works for you, you don't have to understand it or believe in it. You just have to do it.

They talk about a guy that just got pulled out of the jungle somewhere and he is put into a room. He's told that if he flips the switch on the wall, the room will fill with light. Whether or not he believes that or not, it will happen. God is there for us, we just have to get ourselves out the way and let Him in.

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 17:58 #256993

yiraishamaim wrote:
pischoshelmachat your posts are raw honesty with particular attention to regret and worries of retribution by Hashem.
In the shaarei Teshuva it talks about aveiros that are only cleansed by - lo aleinu-yisurim. It's been a long time but I recall it being written there that even in such cases Limud Hatorah together with chesed can take away the need for yisurim.
If anyone knows what I mean please be so kind to quote the text appropriately or else I will bli neder look it up later.

Thank you. I have seen you reference the Shaarei Tshuvah several times in your posts and because of this, I have taken up learning Shaarei Tshuvah daily to help me in my quest for Tshuvah. He tells us to keep a log of our daily aveiros to track our progress. Do you do this? Do people carry a notebook around or do they just write the log at night? I am just wondering what other people do to attain tshuvah? I am embarrassed to ask my Rov what to do.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 18:01 #256994

I am starting to see that I don't need to understand, I just need to do something. Doing something works so much better than hoping to do everything.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 21:27 #257001

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
you have my email?

thenewme613@hotmail.com

big moish was lookin' for yours today

I'd also been confused whom you were talking to... So it was meB) I will BN let you know how I'm celebrating - if I reach there - which al pi teva I shouldn't..
Bi Moish made contact with me. Thank you.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Jun 2015 22:30 #257002

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
I will BN let you know how I'm celebrating - if I reach there - which al pi teva I shouldn't..

nice to see the positive attitude
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 21 Jun 2015 04:10 #257277

A Gutte Voch Dear Friends
90 days is around the corner and the YH is blocking the path with rpg's, machine gun fire, bombs and even some chemical and nuclear bombs.
I am feeling the itch but I cannot fall prey this time. I must stay sober today.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 21 Jun 2015 05:36 #257280

• cordnoy
the y"h does not have on him all that ammunition.

it is times of shalom, and his weapons of mass destruction are kept deep in the forest.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Last Edit: 21 Jun 2015 05:37 by cordnoy.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 21 Jun 2015 09:10 #257285

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:

it is times of shalom, and his weapons of mass destruction are kept deep in the forest.

What does this cryptic post mean?

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 21 Jun 2015 13:45 #257290

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

What does this cryptic post mean?

check out the Gemora in HaKones

it means that we are simply conjurin' up this entire battlefield

and as Big Moish is apt to say: We have met the enemy, and it is I.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 22 Jun 2015 02:25 #257331

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
pischoshelmachat wrote:
yiraishamaim wrote:

Thank you. I have seen you reference the Shaarei Tshuvah several times in your posts and because of this, I have taken up learning Shaarei Tshuvah daily to help me in my quest for Tshuvah. He tells us to keep a log of our daily aveiros to track our progress. Do you do this? Do people carry a notebook around or do they just write the log at night? I am just wondering what other people do to attain tshuvah? I am embarrassed to ask my Rov what to do.

When I quote the Sharei teshuva it is from learning of many years ago. I view his work with great awe as one should of a true RISHON. I refer to his ideas and hashgafa. However, I once heard that his way of logging avairos was wonderful in earlier generations. We however should log our successes. The forum's idea of counting our days of Sobriety and giving awards at various times is a good example of this approach.
We need constant patting on the back. Of course when we truly earn it by relying on Hashem and following a proper plan of action/inaction as advised by those more knowledgeable and experienced than ourselves.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 23 Jun 2015 11:49 #257461

Thank you yiras.
I realize that I always need chizzuk and I have to take every opportunity to be mechazek myself because otherwise, lapesach chatos rovetz.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 23 Jun 2015 15:24 #257481

• cordnoy
Mazel tov on 90!
How does it feel?

continued hatzlachah

Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes