Welcome, Guest

Yaakov's Ladder
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yaakov's Ladder 185248 Views

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 15:06 #238064

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
I FORGOT!!!!!

When I came back from Minchah and sat down to eat, I got this nice, mostly juicy, piece of chicken......and it was cold!!

My shvigger had forgotten to put it in the oven or something
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 20:04 #238090

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
kol hakoid about the meal.
and the refraining to blame the in-laws,
my philosophy on in-laws, is the reason why people find it hard to get along, is because in-laws are not a natural creation from Hashem, it is a result on a union, therefore they are not blessed with success in a natural way.
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 20:11 #238092

• cordnoy
lavi wrote:
my philosophy on in-laws, is the reason why people find it hard to get along, is because in-laws are not a natural creation from Hashem, it is a result on a union, therefore they are not blessed with success in a natural way.

what about marriage?
and if you'll answer that this is God created, don't the in-laws come along for the ride?
Is it too difficult for God to include that in the package?

howbout friends?
Do they get along?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 20:42 #238094

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
good question,

i have a lot of info, religious and secular,l'havdil (men are from...women are from...) that marriage is not natural.
that is why we gotta bless em 7 times for seven days straight, because without 'em there is little hope. no such a thing as an easy marriage.
take out the shem Hashem,(from the words ish and isha)-with signifies siatta dishmaya and you get aish and aish.
so Hashem really give marriage a lift out of dumps.
also that is a reason for the niddah break, the energy has to be recharged,
whereas the natural relationship between brother or sister or friends, stays in it's natural state.
(sorry for being b'kitzer- but i get a feeling not to many people are interested in this post)
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 21:19 #238098

• cordnoy
I think you should give yourself more credit; people are interested.

I think in-laws have difficulty, for they like to control.
Parents like to control their children's life or decisions, and when they grow up and marry, that could be a recipe for disaster.

I think marriages can work, for the couple works on it.; they want it to work; they will it to work.

Niddah break is mainly for other purposes, and certainly wouldn't explain marriages outside of those who keep these halachos.

b'hatzlachah to everyone's relationships
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Aug 2014 23:31 #238113

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
I think you should give yourself more credit; people are interested.

I think in-laws have difficulty, for they like to control.
Parents like to control their children's life or decisions, and when they grow up and marry, that could be a recipe for disaster.

I think marriages can work, for the couple works on it.; they want it to work; they will it to work.

Niddah break is mainly for other purposes, and certainly wouldn't explain marriages outside of those who keep these halachos.

b'hatzlachah to everyone's relationships

as far as the niddah break goes, i think you'll agree none of us can actually say what the MAIN reason is, or for that matter, that there is a main reason.
what we can know is from chazal.
and chazal do give a reason for the break, and that is for marital harmony. niddah 31b.
(what is very interesting is that one of the major poskim on the page on shulchan oruch toras hashlomim. yd.183 note4 actually brings this chazal and takes it so far, that maybe unmarried women don't have issurim of niddah. of course, l'halacha we don't hold this way, and even the aforementioned posek is not clear about his conclusion, nevertheless we see how important this issue is to marital harmony).

now that being said, i think there is evidence around to show how much this is true, and when there is no break, the quality of the marriage can decrease.
how does this fit with one of our a'seres hadribros that sex is optional, (which i take to mean that one can have a happy marriage technically speaking without intimate relationships)?
i don't feel that the rule is true.
BUT i do understand that addict may have to follow different set of rules, than the regular person.
and just like a sick person may be excused from obligations in marriage, it maybe that an addict has exemptions as well
i love you all
Last Edit: 27 Aug 2014 23:42 by lavi.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 07:08 #238148

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have an opinion on this discussion, but I'd just like to point out a slight support to lavi's last post:
lavi
chazal do give a reason for the break, and that is for marital harmony. niddah 31b.
(what is very interesting is that one of the major poskim on the page on shulchan oruch toras hashlomim. yd.183 note4 actually brings this chazal and takes it so far, that maybe unmarried women don't have issurim of niddah. of course, l'halacha we don't hold this way, and even the aforementioned posek is not clear about his conclusion, nevertheless we see how important this issue is to marital harmony).

Perhaps this is really a discussion for the baalei batim's forum, but the fact is that the issurim regarding a penuya (or any woman who is not your wife, even if she is married to someone else), even one who is a niddah, are more lenient than the more extreme distances chazal placed between a man and his wife during the niddah period.

Just saying.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014 07:09 by bigmoish.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 08:09 #238155

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks bg for your post,
but i don't know on what you are basing your fact on
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 09:14 #238160

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Am I bg? If so, I was referring to stringencies such as passing things.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014 21:30 by bigmoish.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 20:18 #238190

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
ok. understood.
thank-you.
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 21:17 #238197

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
lavi wrote:

I LOVE my shvigger (Zeidy MT says too much, anybody see him around lately?).
As for the minchas yaakov's chiddush, the chinuch explicitly writes that we cannot say so, and minchas yaakov in Toras hashlomim doesn't dream of using it lemaase, I don't know what the pleisi is so riled up about, and all the other meforshim as well.
As for leniencies with a penuya, they aren't leniencies, rather a married woman has stringencies. Aderabba we are more stringent with a penuya which is why we follow the Rivash and do not permit them to purify themselves.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 22:13 #238207

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
TZ, the mareh mekomos are giving me a headache

btw, whatever happened to AIW?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Aug 2014 22:31 #238219

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Well, we know from AIW that
The reason they're called lessons is because they lessen from day to day...
Vedoik

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Aug 2014 00:32 #238231

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote:
lavi wrote:

I LOVE my shvigger (Zeidy MT says too much, anybody see him around lately?).
As for the minchas yaakov's chiddush, the chinuch explicitly writes that we cannot say so, and minchas yaakov in Toras hashlomim doesn't dream of using it lemaase, I don't know what the pleisi is so riled up about, and all the other meforshim as well.
As for leniencies with a penuya, they aren't leniencies, rather a married woman has stringencies. Aderabba we are more stringent with a penuya which is why we follow the Rivash and do not permit them to purify themselves.

I heard that out version on minchas Yaakov is edited and that's why they are riled up, because the original was mashma more l'heter.
and I clearly said in my post that " l'halacha we don't hold this way, and even the aforementioned posek is not clear about his conclusion, nevertheless we see how important this issue is to marital harmony)." exactly like you said, and would appreciate if you would read my post more thoroughly before commenting.
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Aug 2014 01:52 #238238

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I did read it and notice it.
Sorry.
I was afraid some sex pervert might take advantage and decided to spell it out more clearly.
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014 01:57 by TehillimZugger.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes