Welcome, Guest

Yaakov's Ladder
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yaakov's Ladder 185353 Views

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 31 Jul 2014 17:41 #236512

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Yankel I don't need YOUR credit card, just the one of the guy you're staying by there...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 01 Aug 2014 15:05 #236591

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Ok, here's all the information, all the way down to my shoe size.......I wear a 10 1/2 wide!!

I called in to DC's call yesterday for the first time, and obviously he wasn't leading the call. It was very nice though, and I shared almost as much as I do here, which in retrospect makes me feel funny, or more like nerdy.

Anyway, one cool thing that Yitzchak G shared was a conversation that he had with his 14 yr old son, and how he was able to give over his experience without mentioning anything about his specific situation. I found that to be amazing and reassuring to something I have been seeing lately, and that is that everyone can relate to what we are going through, at least to some extent!!

Everybody has problems and shattered dreams and a coping method, and learning how to face life is a life long journey which everyone takes!! So of course we can talk to them about it, the only problem is that most people down't want to talk about it because they think that they're the only ones!!

BH, doing ok here, going into Shabbos Chazon with a little excitement being that it's 90 days third time around

Have a good Shabbos everybody!!

May we be zocheh to greet moshiach still before Shabbos!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 01 Aug 2014 16:27 #236597

• cordnoy
Keep callin'.
They could be good for some people; many.
Why is it obvious that he wasn't leadin' the call?

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 01 Aug 2014 18:29 #236608

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
sheesh, always putting me to the wall!!

Well, I was expecting some attention from DC when I would get on, we're good friends from long back. But since he wasn't there yesterday, I didn't get any :'(
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2014 18:34 by Pidaini.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 01 Aug 2014 18:55 #236610

Pidaini wrote:
Anyway, one cool thing that Yitzchak G shared was a conversation that he had with his 14 yr old son, and how he was able to give over his experience without mentioning anything about his specific situation. I found that to be amazing and reassuring to something I have been seeing lately, and that is that everyone can relate to what we are going through, at least to some extent!!

I can relate to that. I'm in a certain capacity where I have opportunity to speak with other yidden about avodas Hashem. I find that my personal quest for kedusha has provided me with many insights and sources which I can share in a general way. Because of my personal stake in applying these principles, I end up delivering very passionate lectures, which are B"H well received by the listeners.

To paraphrase one of the great tzadikim: Ribono shel olam! Where would you get such passionate shmuzen had I not been afflicted with this plague?

And as the Ohr Hachaim writes, now that we have the Torah we can descend into the fifty gates of Tumah and emerge victoriously.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 06 Aug 2014 22:52 #236902

• cordnoy
Heeeelllloooooooo!!!???

Second page maybe, but third......??? nuhuh!!!

I will have none of that.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 07 Aug 2014 01:09 #236916

so i havent checked GYE in a while. i had a few posts here a few posts there almost a HUNDRED posts on yaakovs ladder. yankle i miss you. have a great trip and come back soon
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 07 Aug 2014 04:20 #236931

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I know, I know, I'm totally losing it!!

I'm tired, exhausted actually, and when I have koach I'm trying to do my best to be available to whom I need to be available to. When I do end up sitting down to GYE, the first thing that hits me is staggering numbers of new replies, and I start looking at them with blank eyes, not having any interest in answering. For heavens sake..I haven't even welcomes the few newcomers that are here!!!

I really wanted to call DC's call today, but that didn't work out, and I don't have patience to call shlomo's call, both because I'm tired and because I'm not the type to keep quiet and I'm too tired to go through the introduction process again.

I have been isolating, didn't call anyone today, not even mendelz, even posting this is more than I want to do....but I have to keep my thread somewhere near the beginning . obviously, together with that, I have been lusting, I filled in the parts of the movie that I missed on the airplane. It didn't take long, but it was a waste of precious time and an escape.

Thanks for bringing this back, if it wasn't on the front page, I wouldn't ahve posted....

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 07 Aug 2014 21:21 #236975

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Pidaini
I have been isolating, didn't call anyone today, not even mendelz, even posting this is more than I want to do....but I have to keep my thread somewhere near the beginning . obviously, together with that, I have been lusting, I filled in the parts of the movie that I missed on the airplane. It didn't take long, but it was a waste of precious time and an escape.
Thats ok Yankel! Dust yourself off and get back on the high horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw you know my number if wanna give me a ring!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 08 Aug 2014 02:31 #237013

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks dude!!

Did a little reaching out today, made sure to call DC's call, even though I had to keep on hanging up and calling back due to responsibilities that needed attention. One thing that caught my attention was at the end when someone was talking about how he has been working the program but A) he was in a bad cycle of falling now and B ) the things he was doing now were worse than what he had done before.

Yitzchak G answered him that nobody could take away his clean time, and that awareness was the first step. He also advised afterwards that one get contacts through all the time zones so that if something came up really late at his time-zone he can still have someone to call.

I had my own thoughts, and that was that it was just another case to prove that this is a progressing thing, it gets worse over time. The other thing that came to mind was how difficult it is to call someone, but even after making the decision that before a call I will call someone, coming up with a list that doesn't leave me any excuse.....that's downright scary!! That would mean me taking out all the hidden bottles, truly showing that I'm going to deal with whatever may come without lust!!!

It again battered in that I need to get in touch with people, to reach out as soon as I see something stirring, and preferably beforehand, to stay out of isolation so that I don't encounter the fight "should I call.....should I not call...."

I have over a hundred new replies .....that gets me scared for two reasons, one is that when will I have time to read through all of them (yes, the answer is that I don't need to), the second is....forget it, it's too scary.

you know what, I'll tell you ....

that means......that.....

nu, nu, time for reality check!

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 08 Aug 2014 04:53 #237025

• cordnoy
Perhaps GYE can survive without you (that remains to be seen, and hopefully, it should never come to that), but the question is: Can you survive without GYE?

Was it a chiddush to you that this thing is progressive? Would you like for me to provide you with my history (again)? It definitely is progressive, for we build up our lustful desires, and what satisfied us at one age doesn't cut it anymore. I will let Skep, Unamunumunum and the others bring rayos from steak, Romanian (there I go again)hot dogs, sushi, Woodford, picha, Kentucky Bourbon and more.

Regardin' callin'....it is a tough sell, and on the other hand, it is hard for me to relate, for before my falls, it was basically broadcast all over on the BBC, Al Jazeera, Fox news, Memri TV, Channel 2 with Yonit Levi and everywhere else. I had multiple calls for sebveral days before with multiple people. That bein' said, firstly, except for time # 3, there was very little benefit from those calls (at least on the ultimate level), and secondly, not everyone has the same make-up. It is a good tool to learn.

b'hatzlachah on your journeys

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 08 Aug 2014 11:08 #237045

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
hmmm....
is gye addictive?
is one addiction replacing the other?
can a former big league poster quit?
and if he does, does this mean he can never post again?
should there be a 90 day chart for no posting?
do we have to worry about gye closing?
are we responsible?
these are questions, r,yankel, you may want think about, BUT OF COURSE when you get the time!!!
i love you all

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 08 Aug 2014 19:57 #237062

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi Yankel
you know my number too
and if you are my therapist you cant just drop off the map like that and go incognito

and no, gye cannot function without you. you were away for a few days and the site went down yesterday.
and besides pidaini is roshei teivos people definitely need you
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 10 Aug 2014 06:13 #237072

• skeptical
dms1234
Thats ok Yankel! Dust yourself off and get back on the high horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw you know my number if wanna give me a ring!

That's easy! It's 1234!

cordnoy
I will let Skep, Unamunumunum and the others bring rayos from steak, Romanian (there I go again)hot dogs, sushi, Woodford, picha, Kentucky Bourbon and more.

Thanks for the mention, but I don't have any rayos from any of those things. Sorry!
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2014 06:14 by skeptical.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 10 Aug 2014 13:08 #237077

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Hi Yankel, Hi Zemmy. Hi everyone else.

Cordnoy, I'm always ready to bring a raya from Romanian Woodford. Wait! They have that?!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes