Welcome, Guest

Yaakov's Ladder
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yaakov's Ladder 185355 Views

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Feb 2014 04:01 #228273

• misgaber41
  • Senior Boarder
I am all confused I came to Gye to deal with my problem with lust and all a sudden I keep on finding out more and more what my issues are

Here goes the story, on my desk in my office I had my small printer, it kept on getting in my way so finally I ordered a cabinet to have a better place for it. So after a few days I started tracking it 9and found out that it was dropped off by the wrong door!)but haven't realized that it had any connection with my problem, now reading that post about ordering and tracking Im starting to think the problem might be even bigger..............
איזהו גיבור הכובש את יצרו
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2014 04:01 by misgaber41.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Feb 2014 20:50 #228291

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
TOOC
tracking online orders compulsively
על מה תוכו עוד תוסיפו סרה - ישעיה א
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 27 Feb 2014 23:18 #228292

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Thanks to dd, I have BH made a TaPHSiK!!

It goes like this

If I disable the filter on my computer without first calling or chatting with a friend and telling them "I am going to disable the filter" (the reason for those specific words to be clarified in next post, bli neder), then I will have to say an hour of tehillim within 3 days.

If I disable the filter after calling or chatting to a friend then I will give 100 NIS to GYE.

This neder is valid until the next time I disable the filter.
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Last Edit: 28 Feb 2014 00:36 by ZemirosShabbos.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Feb 2014 08:05 #228315

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
SO, yesterday I had this urge to go to youtube, it stemmed from boredom and it was the normal strong thing.

I was thinking to myself that I should email someone, but the last few times I did that and chatted with someone and told them "I want to go to youtube"....I still went afterwards. There was something there that didn't click.

I thought about it a tiny bit and quickly realized that saying "I want to...." to someone actually boosts me in a way, because I want to, but I'm not. So what was telling them was that I was really in control of the situation, and so 5 min later I was on youtube.

Yesterday I chatted with MBJ and typed "I'm going to youtube" because that was the entire truth, I was going to youtube, and I was just telling him of my plans. That worked!!!

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Feb 2014 08:40 #228319

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So if you say you won't, then you will, but if you say you will, then you won't? I thought sharing was all about honesty?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 03 Mar 2014 17:49 #228396

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I would love to blame it on the TaPHSiK, (that's what I told Zemmy....sorry about that) but then what about the last few weeks, where I was doing the same thing......

Slipped again yesterday, started Motzei Shabbos and continued through last night. It started with boredom, or too much time to spend on doing real things. Shabbos afternoons started becoming a bit longer, so I have to do something with them.....and GYE has yet to come out with a "Kosher GYE" for Shabbos. I did spend a lot of quality time with my family and it was beautiful, but I wasn't making the big difference in the world with that....

Then Motzei Shabbos came along, and was a little bored again, but now the computer was an option,but GYE was not very active either.......so had to find away around the TaPHSik...and I did.

Point being that TaPHSik is not the answer (it's not to blame either), just as filters aren't. Yes, they are important, and I don't regret making it at all, but it's not the answer. The answer is in me, not in anything external.

So, as I wrote before, I am trying to learn from every slip, and I am learning where the battle has to begin.....that is whenever I have a negative feeling, that is before the urge to lust comes to play. I could have spoken to Hashem right away, told Him how I was feeling, but I didn't, I didn't think it was such a big deal.

That's really what I learned, it doesn't have to be a big deal, I don't like dealing with small deals either!!

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 03 Mar 2014 19:57 #228400

Pidaini wrote:
... Shabbos afternoons started becoming a bit longer, so I have to do something with them.....and GYE has yet to come out with a "Kosher GYE" for Shabbos...

How bout reading the GYE handbook on those long Shabbos afternoons? It's kosher, it's GYE, it'll fill your time, and it'll give you some inspiration to keep the Shabbos holy.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 03 Mar 2014 22:53 #228404

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If the TaPHSik doesn't work, then fine it doesn't work. Of course its just semantics, just for those that need a little push (like me)

Perhaps you're being too hard on yourself and overthinking (some wise man told me this once)
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 03 Mar 2014 23:16 #228408

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
HEYYYYY!!! ME?!?! Overthinking?!?!

What do you mean? You mean that I shouldn't be thinking so much? Or I'm trying to figure it out? or that I should just do what's right? or that I don't need to....? or that I should......?

I just don't get what you mean by overthinking!!! some wise man you've got yourself

I don't think (whoops, sorry about that) that I'm being too hard on myself, I'm just being realistic, and learning how to deal with it. I have spoken to Hashem twice today about little things that I would have let run loose previously.

As for the TaPHSiK, it is working, it's just not stopping me from lusting.
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2014 23:30 by Pidaini.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 06 Mar 2014 02:35 #228531

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I don't THINK that I think too much. If I would think too much I would think it, don't you think? I think that if you think I think too much, maybe you're the one overthinking. Thinking about it, I really don't think that I'm the type to think too much. You think I'm not thinking honestly? I think I'm honest enough- certainly when I'm just thinking to myself. Not that I think to myself all that much... you know...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 06 Mar 2014 04:18 #228541

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
i think that sometimes we think we are honest to ourselves because we are just thinking to ourselves but if we think out loud and someone else tells us what they think about what we were thinking or even if we just think out loud without someone else telling us what they think about what we were thinking we sometimes realize that we were just thinking it without really thinking too much about what we were thinking, don't you think

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 06 Mar 2014 04:29 #228542

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think i'm confused...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 06 Mar 2014 07:48 #228549

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger
I don't THINK that I think too much. If I would think too much I would think it, don't you think? I think that if you think I think too much, maybe you're the one overthinking. Thinking about it, I really don't think that I'm the type to think too much. You think I'm not thinking honestly? I think I'm honest enough- certainly when I'm just thinking to myself. Not that I think to myself all that much... you know...

I think that you think that i think that you don't think too much but i think you really think too much. I think that you think that i think that i am overthinking but i think that you think way too much. I think you think that i think that you are the one to overthink but really we all overthink so your not alone. I think that you know that you think too much and i think that you think that you are addicted to think and you are. Its called a thinkaholic. Thats you! Its Ok. but you have to admit. SO next meeting say. I TZ, am a thinkaholic and it is ruining my life
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 07 Mar 2014 12:11 #228611

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Sooooooooooo (yeah, any post that starts with "so" is gonna be full of excitement), I've been lusting most of the time since last post, whcih actually reminds me of a profound thought I had, serious stuff afterwards.

In The Avengers, there is a scene where Captain America tells Dr. Banner aka The Hulk "Now is a good time to get angry" (meaning to turn yourself into the hulk). Banner answers "That's my secret cap'ain, I'm ALWAYS angry!!!" One of my secrets of staying clean is that I know that I am almost always lusting and if I don't make sure to live life, then the lsut will take take over and I will turn into a big green monster (or a pink elephant)

Now that we've taken care of that,

So, I don't know why that is, it really wasn't bad and I wasn't acting out on it….actually, now that I am writing this, there may have been some things that I did that were lust driven, but nothing assur.

Then yesterday, came insanity, the pure will to just see if I can get past the filter. Now remember, I know how to disable the filter completely, oh, and that TaPHSik sort of got messed up because I needed to disable it for a VCF technician so that he could connect to my computer when the filter wasn't letting any internet through. so the fact that I need to play around in the filter itself is just insane.

Well, I found another way in the filter itself. I wanted to see how far it really works, so I went to google images and searched for something that would normally be blocked, and something that I wanted to see at that time……I guess it wasn't just to break the filter :-/

Anyways, I wasn't very happy with myself, I did make some calls and told some people, I also emailed guard to let him know of the most recent loophole, but I was tired and self loathing. Then came at night and Zlatah yentah decided that she was gonna keep me up until 12:40, which is like almost time to get up and post!! I BH got myself to sleep with no looking at anything, even though I really wanted to. I ended up getting up late and was, obviously, not very happy about it.

A big portion of the morning was spent trying to change my feelings, "this isn't the honest way of looking at it, it's not that bad, be happy, etc." then I remembered what a wise man had once told a few of his friends "Don't take your moods so seriously, just do what you know you should be doing!!!" WOW!!! How wise!!

I know what I need to do during the day, and I asked Hashem to let me do those things regardless of how I feel, because I know that that's really what He wants (proof of that is that He is still letting me live even though I woke up late). I asked Him to help me be there for Shaindel Malkah, and for Zlatah Yenta without giving them attitude because I was in a bad mood. A few times I found myself in middle of trying to find the way out of feeling down, but I just went back to saying "just do what you need to do, just do what you need to do"

BH, I actually feel better now, as Dov wrote, I just needed to get out of my head and focus on living real life. That means, just do real life, do what I know needs to be done.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 09 Mar 2014 07:51 #228629

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone reminded me, and I am ashamed that I haven't remembered myself in such a long time, but it is certainly time for a.............

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes