Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134045 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Jun 2015 15:01 #256980

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I hope as well. I know when I was 7 years old I couldn't get my eyes off Suzy.

It's a nature. You can't really "change" him but you can try to shift his focus.
Perhaps get him into guy stuff, like sports.
Read him stories at night and talk to him of the chashivus of being an ehlichre yid.
Get him nature books like "Ranger Rick". They are wonderful, full of bright colored pictures and wholesome stories, This makes for strong bonding between father and son
Encourage him to be a Lego-maniac and go to town in your description of how great are the stuff he built.

Like anything else- Daven, make an hishtadlus then live and let G-d

and that means: NO WORRIES BUDDY!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Jun 2015 16:11 #256987

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'm sorry to hear that MBJ. Sounds like the familiar nuclear reset. As parents, I feel like we are doomed to worry. Hang in there. KOT!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Jun 2015 16:19 #256988

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Like sny prototypical boy, he loves cars and trucks and lives playing ball. He alsohas a crush on his teacher. He is only 3. But I worry. It is not that he lives her that worries me. It is the constant talk if how she looks and how pretty she is.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov
Last Edit: 16 Jun 2015 16:20 by MBJ.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 16:37 #257042

• cordnoy
MBJ wrote:
I just fell. Got to 10 days. I was doing fine for 8 days. Surrendering every thought and emotion and action that was dangerous to me. It felt great. But the last two days I have neen plagued by a growing lust. I gave in. Not because I had to but because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again. No relief, just the same nagging urge. So I had a feeling of yiush and I stopped fighting. Of course it solves nothing. It just takes a bit of the edge of lf the nagging urge. So frustrating. I was feeling so good. Now, not so much.

sorry to hear that
care to join a group of sorts?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 19:05 #257068

MBJ wrote:
One other thing. My preschooler is in love with his teacher. Everyday he talks about how pretty she is and how pretty her clothes, shoes hair snd nails are. He is so young it means nothing. But it scares me so badly. Everytime he does I say a tefillah to Hashem. Please don't let him be sick like me.

Hi best of Hatzlacha to you

Re; the teacher, I don't know I'm just thinking, have you seen her, maybe you or your wife could ask the Menahal to tell her to 'tone it down' a little. The nails did it for me, I know the schools round here do not allow the teachers to do their nails.
Sorry I may be way of the mark.
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 19:29 #257077

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote:
I just fell. ... I gave in. Not because I had to but because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again. No relief, just the same nagging urge. So I had a feeling of yiush and I stopped fighting. Of course it solves nothing. It just takes a bit of the edge of lf the nagging urge. So frustrating. I was feeling so good. Now, not so much.

I feel for you man especially the feeling that - "again I am in this predicament. Did I not do this so many times before only to be followed by the same lousy loser feelings.
Unfortunately, we've all been there".
When I joined the forum I would see again and again the experienced guys writing- you just have today or take it one day at a time. To me the lesson I got was - don't look so much of the ocean ahead of you- lets take it bit by bit- right now, just today. In that spirit you let Hashem take over the battle that is happening right now in front of you.
You wrote "because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again."
Pardon me my good friend but that idea is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, just let G-d fight this particular fight for you. Who the H____ are you to say that you will certainly lose?
Miracles happen all the time to all of us -you are no less ra-uy!

Just do what your supposed to do and let G-d do the rest

"Hashem Yelachem Lachem Ve'atem Ta'charishoon"
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2015 19:31 by yiraishamaim.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 20:55 #257083

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:

sorry to hear that

I wish I could. I don't know that I have the guts. But chasing my tail sucks too.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 20:58 #257084

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
israel613120 wrote:
MBJ wrote:
One other thing. My preschooler is in love with his teacher. Everyday he talks about how pretty she is and how pretty her clothes, shoes hair snd nails are. He is so young it means nothing. But it scares me so badly. Everytime he does I say a tefillah to Hashem. Please don't let him be sick like me.

Hi best of Hatzlacha to you

Re; the teacher, I don't know I'm just thinking, have you seen her, maybe you or your wife could ask the Menahal to tell her to 'tone it down' a little. The nails did it for me, I know the schools round here do not allow the teachers to do their nails.
Sorry I may be way of the mark.

It is not a school, it is a day care. Anyway the teacher is not important. He will be on to the next level in 2 months. It is the importance that it takes in his mind. It is not sexual he is too young. Still it scares me.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 17 Jun 2015 21:06 #257086

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
yiraishamaim wrote:
MBJ wrote:
I just fell. ... I gave in. Not because I had to but because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again. No relief, just the same nagging urge. So I had a feeling of yiush and I stopped fighting. Of course it solves nothing. It just takes a bit of the edge of lf the nagging urge. So frustrating. I was feeling so good. Now, not so much.

I feel for you man especially the feeling that - "again I am in this predicament. Did I not do this so many times before only to be followed by the same lousy loser feelings.
Unfortunately, we've all been there".
When I joined the forum I would see again and again the experienced guys writing- you just have today or take it one day at a time. To me the lesson I got was - don't look so much of the ocean ahead of you- lets take it bit by bit- right now, just today. In that spirit you let Hashem take over the battle that is happening right now in front of you.
You wrote "because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again."
Pardon me my good friend but that idea is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, just let G-d fight this particular fight for you. Who the H____ are you to say that you will certainly lose?
Miracles happen all the time to all of us -you are no less ra-uy!

Just do what your supposed to do and let G-d do the rest

"Hashem Yelachem Lachem Ve'atem Ta'charishoon"

You are sort of right. I put it this way, I need to provide the will, He needs to provide the strength. I ask Him for the strength, because I know I have none. But I do have to want it. When I fell, I was overwhelmed by the pain and I lost my will.
It will make you happy that I had another nisayon, but this time I wavered but held on. Then He took it away. So I gave Him a big thank you.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 03:45 #257105

• cordnoy
MBJ wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

sorry to hear that

I wish I could. I don't know that I have the guts. But chasing my tail sucks too.

conference call number, where you wont need to give name, or even talk

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 09:24 #257113

MBJ wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

sorry to hear that

You could try doing part of the joining, like so:

1. Locate an in-person SA meeting.
2. Unlock your car.
3. Open the door.
4. Sit down.
5. Start your car.
6. Drive to the meeting and park.
7. Step out of your car and lock it.
8. Walk in to the building.
9. Walk in to the room.
10. Sit down.
11. Introduce yourself.

If you try to do this and you get to step 6 that's already a big victory, and it will feel good, it feels good to drive yourself to the meeting. If you're still ashamed you can try to get farther next time.

I also want to point out that one of the big benefits of a meeting is to dump the shame. So when you say you don't have the guts, that's understandable, but you once you have been to your first meeting you won't be ashamed to go back.

Hatzlacha raba MBJ.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 11:44 #257116

• needtoquit
  • Current streak: 876 days
  • Expert Boarder
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
MBJ wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

sorry to hear that

You could try doing part of the joining, like so:

1. Locate an in-person SA meeting.
2. Unlock your car.
3. Open the door.
4. Sit down.
5. Start your car.
6. Drive to the meeting and park.
7. Step out of your car and lock it.
8. Walk in to the building.
9. Walk in to the room.
10. Sit down.
11. Introduce yourself.

If you try to do this and you get to step 6 that's already a big victory, and it will feel good, it feels good to drive yourself to the meeting. If you're still ashamed you can try to get farther next time.

I also want to point out that one of the big benefits of a meeting is to dump the shame. So when you say you don't have the guts, that's understandable, but you once you have been to your first meeting you won't be ashamed to go back.

Hatzlacha raba MBJ.

hwhap@gmx.com
Wow, very well put! Yes, it's simple, not easy!

MBJ,

It's been a while since I've posted here but noticing you struggling made me want to give you some encouragement and hope, if I can. Baruch Hashem, I'm sober now since going to my first SA meeting three and a half months ago. I wouldn't lie to you, I was physically shaking in fear before that first meeting. I called a friend I'd meet on Dov's call and told him how I was feeling and that I was afraid I'd crash if I drove. He pointed out that a little fear is only a sign that I'm not a psychopath without emotion.

Since then I've been going to meetings regularly and sobriety had been indescribably amazing, better than I could possibly imagine. I've met tons of really great guys with solid recovery & sobriety, both Jewish & not, and have come to believe that I can have that too.

If you'd like to talk more about my experience, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number.

Hatzlacha in getting whatever help you need in this challenge and all of life,
NeedToQuit

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 21:17 #257158

• cordnoy
Last two posts should be required readin'.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 22:27 #257167

• cordnoy
9494 wrote:
Needtoquit said it very well.

I will just chime in and say that if you feel that you actually do need meetings, just do it - the discomfort will last...till you step into the door.

Like every normal human being I was nervous as hell, had a constant stream of excuses popping up during every second of that initial drive. Its normal, but certainly not an excuse to not go (if you decide you need it that is).

its almost like da guy who has every excuse not to do a step 4

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 23:04 #257175

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ
One other thing. My preschooler is in love with his teacher. Everyday he talks about how pretty she is

He's only three! How many kids do you know that take things without permission. All of the kids that I know. Does that mean that they will all be kleptomaniacs when they grow older?! My older siblings still tease me that in first grade I used to talk about how soft my teachers hands were. (And no, that didn't cause me to be where I am today. Guys are my problem, not girls).
Kids will talk about anything. He seems to have a sense of style. That doesn't mean that he will be all over girls as he grows up. It just means that he likes nice things.
Hatzlacha
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes