Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134061 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 21:26 #238383

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
We can't, and that's why we can be happy with whatever our feelings may be, if we would be able to change them then we'd need to in order to be happy, but since we can't, then we can just accept what our feelings are and be happy even though they're lousy!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 23:03 #238392

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Pidaini wrote:
I once heard from a good friend

"The secret to being happy is to be happy"

Go for it!!!

Didn't I tell you that?

Anyway, we can certainly change our actions. I started singing to myself smiled and thanked Hashem. Then I felt happier. (I also lusted less today)
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 23:36 #238403

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
MBJ wrote:
I have decided that being depressed sucks and I would rather be happy. So now I am going to be happy.

agreed being depressed sucks big time!!!

i guess i'm going to join you in being happy, because being happy rocks a being depressed sucks!!!

i'll try to sing and thank hashem the way you did!!

KOBH(being happy)!!!
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2014 23:38 by dd.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Sep 2014 01:37 #238420

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But then how can you be happy if you cant change your emotions?

I agree that sometimes we cant affect what emotions come to us like sadness etc but we can decide to change our emotions and in fact change!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2014 01:38 by dms1234.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Sep 2014 07:44 #238454

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's the difference between "feeling" happy and "being" happy.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Sep 2014 10:56 #238461

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:

Exactly! And often if I act happy, then I will be happy and feel happy.

I was in a state of mind that when I started I was resisting the effort. But I pushed through and felt as happy as I was acting. B"H it is continuing and I feel great.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Sep 2014 11:30 #238462

• ineedchizuk
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hey MBJ,

Happy to hear that your happy fest is spilling over to day two!

חיצוניות מעוררת הפנימיות

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Sep 2014 23:01 #238486

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
I once heard that there was a study done (Perhaps it is a true story or perhaps it was made up) of different people from different socio-economic levels, backgrounds and stuff, to see what causes happiness.
The end result of the study was the only thing that seperated the happy people from the others was.....
the decision to be happy.
Perhaps we are finding added proof to the study.
in fact, as I write this I also am deciding to be happy after a stressful day and I just broke a sly smile

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 03 Sep 2014 07:59 #238569

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ
I have decided that being depressed sucks and I would rather be happy. So now I am going to be happy.

Pidaini
I once heard from a good friend
"The secret to being happy is to be happy"

Gevura Shebyesod

MBJ
Exactly! And often if I act happy, then I will be happy and feel happy.

In that case can the secret be changed to "The secret to being happy is to act happy?"
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 03 Sep 2014 08:01 by bigmoish.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 03 Sep 2014 08:22 #238573

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
unanumun wrote:
I once heard that there was a study done (Perhaps it is a true story or perhaps it was made up) of different people from different socio-economic levels, backgrounds and stuff, to see what causes happiness.
The end result of the study was the only thing that seperated the happy people from the others was.....
the decision to be happy.
Perhaps we are finding added proof to the study.
in fact, as I write this I also am deciding to be happy after a stressful day and I just broke a sly smile

hi una,
it look like a lot of posts echo the same theme, the decision to be happy. i understand there really is something to this, a bit like the yiddish saying "trucht git, vet zahn git"
however i like better the knaitsch added by our friend ineed, that chitzoinus m'oirair p'nimius. (mis.yesh.- if i'm not mistaken).
this is because, although it is really beneficial to be in a positive frame of mind, and to be in good spirits, it is not an end to itself. it's purpose is for greater things.
and when the lack of cheer, is caused by something deeper than everyday wear and tear, it would seem prudent to find a actual step to take, and together with a positive mindset, b'ezras Hashem, be matzliach.
basically a plaster (band-aid) won't heal a gaping wound.
i love you all

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 12 Feb 2015 11:16 #248544

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I know I have been gone for a while, and I intended to stay gone, but I keep getting pokes from people how I am doing so out of respect to them I will give an update.
Baruch Hashem, day by day I am doing well. I have 18 months sobriety now. I left the forum and cut off connections here because of pressure from my wife. She asked me to not have personal correspondence with people that I meet here. This was very important to her and out of respect for her, I am respecting that request. So while I may not be present here, my thoughts are never too far, and I have you in my tefilos everyday. If you really want to know what I am up to check me out on the Wall of Honor, I update it monthly. If I fall c"v, I will update that as well, though keeping up a streak of 18 months is mighty strong motivation.
My home life is what it was, nothing to update for those who know.
Though since I am posting I will say something, I recently tried to talk to my wife about us again. I told her that I wanted more connection affection etc. She said to me a few things thst she is 1000% correct about. First off that while we have no sexual chemistry anymore, not for many years now, we have a wonderful relationship as parent as partners in a home, and we really do compliment each other and work together beautifully. That comes with its own intimacy and closeness, maybe not the one that I fantasize about, but that doesn't make it less important. The second thing she said was, maybe I am too busy looking at what I am missing and not enjoying what I do have. This floored me, I have spent the last 3 years trying to learn this lesson and intetnalize it, and she just popped it off. Gave me a new level of respect for her. (Which I promptly forgot and am reminded again as I type this.)

Thank you all for the concern.
Trust in Hashem, He has a plan for us all we just have to let Him take care of us.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 12 Feb 2015 13:21 #248549

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice to hear from you. Thanks for checking in.
Hatzlocho in everything.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 15 Feb 2015 06:12 #248666

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Hi MBJ!!!

Its been a while. I was really thinking about you. I even tried to email you but it seems you don't have that email account anymore. I'm so happy to hear your doing great b"h!!!!

Keep up the good work!! I'm sure every bit of effort you put in will pay off be"h. Like you said Hashem has his plan for us.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 15 Feb 2015 20:55 #248723

• skeptical
Thank you for taking the time to update us.

We miss you!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Mar 2015 00:04 #250564

• Dov
  • Administrator
That was an amazing update, MBJ. I miss you, too.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes