Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134088 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 26 Aug 2014 01:09 #237912

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I think the positive that people experience is just the positive of living life. When "lust" is in charge, we are possesed, doing things that are desctructive and painful, yet we are not able to stop. Being able to live a "normal" life without being controlled by lust is quite enjoyable.

When someone walks out of jail, they are happy. Why? Nothing positive happened. Just the removal of a negative. Being controlled by lust is like being in jail. Freedom is sweet.

my 2 cents.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 26 Aug 2014 01:21 #237913

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think we need both aspects. The "life" aspect for actually living life and the "lo saaseh" too keep us in check cause we always gotta be careful. Careful not crazy or else that would impede on living.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 26 Aug 2014 01:34 #237915

• cordnoy
I like the way you phrased the question.

The real 12-steppers will answer you that the sobriety that they have, providin' that they reached a certain level, is an "aseh," for they are closer to God and more attached and so on. That might be true and probably is.

Those who are not (and i am closer to this group) will define sobriety like you said, but then there are the side effects that come with it, and those are 'positives' as well....for I now experience the feelin' of freedom....i am free of lust many times, which feels great. I can pass by certain areas without havin' urges. I can see my wife at all times and not have desperate desires. I can walk the streets, etc. And it also has a snowball effect to the rest of the day. More in control of work, davenin', projects, etc.

Bottom line....I wouldn't worry about it.

and the biggest positive that you should think about....as Chicago was wont to say: "You're the inspiration" for me and for many others.

chazak; chazak!!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 26 Aug 2014 07:44 #237929

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Believe me I am extraordinarily grateful for my sobriety. But all too often I feel like I am slogging through life. I am want that high on life feeling that is all too fleeting for me. I guess my perspective most of the time is that my life doesn't make me happy, but with much emunah I can try to accept that it is good for met and use the tools I have learned to stay sober. But living life the is just about keeping the sadness from overwhelming you is not a way to live. I guess I need to find the tools in my toolbox to find happiness in life.
Though cordnoy, you are right that giving chizzuk does make me happy
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Aug 2014 07:11 #238149

• StonerDan
  • Current streak: 370 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Freedom is a choice
Sweet friend. I've suffered from sooo much pain and sadness and depression, since I was just a little kid (I'm 27 now), and I had always thought, until the last 2 years, that I would never ever get past it. However, I have, to a huge degree. Its taken a huge amount of effort on various levels, using Torah, Prayer, therapy, friendship (like here), and more physical stuff like hobbies and exercise. It's been a huge effort but every little push has been completely worth it. I can honestly say that I feel genuine happiness, almost every day. I've had to learn a lot about embracing and facing pain, and much more, and I'm still learning. I've had to slowly learn how to respect myself, how to be aware of the goodness that exists in me.

You sound like you're hurting and that hurts me. Please email me if you feel I can be of assistance.

Much love and blessing
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.
-George Orwell

Day By Day Is The Only Way.

Let Go Let GD

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Aug 2014 08:31 #238157

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote:
Believe me I am extraordinarily grateful for my sobriety. But all too often I feel like I am slogging through life. I am want that high on life feeling that is all too fleeting for me. I guess my perspective most of the time is that my life doesn't make me happy, but with much emunah I can try to accept that it is good for met and use the tools I have learned to stay sober. But living life the is just about keeping the sadness from overwhelming you is not a way to live. I guess I need to find the tools in my toolbox to find happiness in life.
Though cordnoy, you are right that giving chizzuk does make me happy

i tend to think that a human is like a cup.
can be full, can be empty,
can fill it with different things,
not being filled with bad stuff doesn't mean that the cup is full with good stuff.
also, i think their is evidence that true happiness (see 5 levels from r.n weinberg, obm) makes life really life. and without it- join the rest of the world on prozac- or worse.
i love you all

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Aug 2014 22:17 #238211

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for tha moshul lavi, it seems very appropriate. I feel like my cup is empty now. I took out the lust and I need to find something wholesome to fill it with instead.

There was just a gye email about this idea. They always seem to bec on topic for me.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Aug 2014 22:22 #238213

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Big book tells the story about the storm that thoroughly demolished the farm. Farmer comes out of the bunker they were hiding in and tells his wailing wife, well, storm's blown over... But the fact his that his farm has been reduced to rubble! He can't be content with the fact that the storm's passed
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Aug 2014 22:34 #238220

• cordnoy
MBJ wrote:
Thank you for tha moshul lavi, it seems very appropriate. I feel like my cup is empty now. I took out the lust and I need to find something wholesome to fill it with instead.

There was just a gye email about this idea. They always seem to bec on topic for me.

Has anythin' changed in the last week or so?
You usually are much more upbeat?
Can we help?

It should be with hatzlachah

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 30 Aug 2014 22:18 #238305

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Not the last week or so, just something I always struggle with. Some times I am more successful, right now less so. As you all are aware my marriage is strange to say the least, and at times I feel disconnected, which can be difficult. I am actually doing a bit better since my first post.

Like I said, I try to have trust in Gd that He has my back, so that keeps me from falling, but it doesn't leave me brimming with!joy always. Sometimes I just want basic human companionship.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 10:49 #238357

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I have decided that being depressed sucks and I would rather be happy. So now I am going to be happy.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 10:56 #238359

• ineedchizuk
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Gold Boarder
:-)

Wow, so easy, and it's catchy too- you made me smile!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 11:27 #238363

• cordnoy
MBJ wrote:
I have decided that being depressed sucks and I would rather be happy. So now I am going to be happy.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 16:27 #238371

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
I once heard from a good friend

"The secret to being happy is to be happy"

Go for it!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 31 Aug 2014 19:12 #238374

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yankel, I thought you paskened that we can't change our feelings?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2014 19:16 by skeptical.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes