Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134029 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Aug 2013 17:05 #216107

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
So I fell and I have fallen two more times for good measure.

Like last time, after letting this bad habit back in it takes some effort to get it under control again.

I was thinking that I need some motivation to get going, but I don't know where to turn. I started thinking my wife is supposed to go to mikvah in a little while so maybe I can hope she will go and hold off on that hope. But then I though as cordnoy likes to say hope is a 4 letter word. I bad dirty word that gets you expecting something and causing you to crash if it doesn't work out. So then I am thinking, but I have to have hope that my marriage will turn out, for as Pamensky says, this is the most important relationship in your life.

But then I start thinking, maybe he is wrong, maybe your marriage is the 2nd most important relationship in your life. The first is your relationship with yourself. (I am sure that is something that Dov has said before.)

The reason I should be clean is not because of my wife, although that would be a nice side effect. The reason I should be clean is because I should have enough self respect to not reach for masturbation to dose away my tiredness, frustration and discontent. So while it is a tempting and pleasurable experience, it is one that has nothing to it. It is totally and completely empty. It has the same potential to solve your problems as drugs or alcohol. Which I guess is really the point.

So while true that this is not something that I have not realized before, it is good to reiterate to get it into my thick skull. Kind of like hilchos tumah or Fourier Transforms. It take going over a few times before it really leaves a impression.

So while I may not have had the epiphany that will keep me from falling ever again, I feel better now and as we say, one day at a time, one moment at a time right?

Eli
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Aug 2013 17:11 #216110

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Yup, no epiphanies needed. All you need to know is that you are going to stay clean and strong RIGHT NOW!!! The next minute is just as far as a million years!

Get back up, and KOT!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Aug 2013 15:24 #216478

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Pidaini.

So I am at 4 days again. I feel better now though, time will tell if my head is truly back in the place it should be, but I think it is.

One consolation is unlike my last fall, my turnaround (if this is it) has been faster and with less falling than last time. That too is a sign of progress.

Eli
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 20 Aug 2013 15:50 #216618

• cordnoy
it should be b'hatzlachah

and yes, I am not a big fan of "hope."

it does not rely on "action."
I just "hope" that things get better.
that does not cut it with an addiction such as ours.
it also does not cut it with a marriage.
what are you/I doing about breaking the addiction/stopping the pattern?
what are you/I doing to better the marriage?

should we just sit by and "hope" that things will improve?

I "HOPE" NOT!!!

KOT!!!!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 20 Aug 2013 16:35 #216620

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks cordnoy.

So my wife's next mikvah appointment is coming up, and I said to her, If I promise to not ask for sex will you go to the mikvah?

She just said I am not supposed to go until next week. So I said that is what I meant next week. She did not answer me.

So maybe she will go, maybe she won't. If she does I will say thank you and respect my promise. (Should be easy, haven't asked in almost 2 years.) If she doesn't I will try to talk to her as to why she would refuse.

No hope, no expectations. We'll see.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 20 Aug 2013 18:22 #216632

• cordnoy
wow!
I certainly feel for you.
The actions of not askin will speak louder than the promise.

So I asked my wife if we should abstain in some way for several months. She said, "You tried that already and you didn't keep it." I persisted, "Perhaps this time...now that I'm improving." She said, "Do what you want." Bottom line...I will. I hope
plan that my actions will speak out. I already started not touching yesterday. I gotta kick that lust/love/lust/love (bs)/lust outta my head (and elsewhere).

b'hatzlachah to all

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 20 Aug 2013 22:46 #216677

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
As I said in other times, it may not be for everyone, but abstaining sure has helped me get my head straight, granted my case is more extreme than I would recommend.

That being said, I don't think that should mean that you should not touch her at all, if you can stand it. Non-sexual touching is very important, and may even be a way of showing her that every time you touch her is not just to get her into bed with you.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 20 Aug 2013 22:51 #216680

• cordnoy
yes, ive been busy with pemansky's "affectionate touch," but i gotta be real careful....from my standpoint, of not turning it into lust, and from her standpoint, of showing and demonstrating that i can do it, and it is not a necessity, and that she can be free to explore or express herself without getting yanked into bed.

Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013 22:52 by cordnoy.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 09:45 #216733

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
For sure there is a very fine line for us with lust issues between affection and lust. A line that blurs for me as well. But it is a very important distinction that me must learn.

IF you know in your head that sex is an impossibility, which is what you want right now, because you want to try to abstain, then it is easier to separate the two.

Good Luck
Eli
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 16:13 #216751

• cordnoy
not an "impossibility," for the door is still opened, but something that i would rather not do right now....good for both of us, i think

thanks

b'hatzlachah

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 17:25 #216753

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Separate idea.

Is it weird that my in the last few times I have had a מקרה לילה I dreamed that I had to update my 90 day chart to enter a fall?
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 17:45 #216755

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A מקרה לילה is NOT a fall. The dream is all part of that sneaky ba****** YH's dirty tricks, to make you think "I fell anyway, may as well enjoy it".

I know you're going through a real tough time, i can't imagine having to deal with something like that. But you seem to be on the rihht track and your patience will definitely pay off in the end. Hatzlacha KUTGW & KOMT!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2013 17:46 by gevura shebyesod.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 17:49 #216757

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
A מקרה לילה is NOT a fall. The dream is all part of that sneaky ba****** YH's dirty tricks, to make you think "I fell anyway, may as well enjoy it".

I know you're going through a real tough time, i can't imagine having to deal with something like that. But you seem to be on the rihht track and your patience will definitely pay off in the end. Hatzlacha KUTGW & KOMT!!!

I know I don't have to update. That was part of the dream. In my dream I was telling myself, I have to update my chart.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 21 Aug 2013 18:27 #216760

• needtoquit
  • Current streak: 876 days
  • Expert Boarder
MBJ wrote:
Separate idea.

Is it weird that my in the last few times I have had a מקרה לילה I dreamed that I had to update my 90 day chart to enter a fall?

It may be weird but I've had it before also. And I dreamt how awful it was going to be posting my fall on my thread.

But Gevura is right. We can't let it get to us.

Hatzlacha,
NeedToQuit

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 22 Aug 2013 20:00 #216866

• Dov
  • Administrator
I dreamt that there was the huge funeral procession out a balabos's window and he went out to see who it was for...made his way to the head of the line and asked the quiet guy at the casket who it was...he told him it was his mother-in-law. The balabos then asked him how she died and he told him that his dog just went and killed her. After a minute, the balabos asked him if he can borrow his dog.

The guy said, "Wait in the back of this line."

Boy, what a dream.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2013 22:23 by Dov.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes