Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My journy 7172 Views

Re: My journy 13 Nov 2012 19:54 #147806

• Dov
  • Administrator
If you want to give up so badly, then what actions are you taking to live well without it?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: My journy 13 Nov 2012 21:16 #147819

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am seeing a theropist and taking anti-depressents.
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: My journy 13 Nov 2012 22:41 #147828

• Dov
  • Administrator
Oh. OK. Sounds good.

Hatzlocha amigo!

If you ever need another layer, there are other things u can use, too.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: My journy 14 Nov 2012 03:02 #147841

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
I am also going to ride my bike to and from school to get exercise. What else can I do?
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: My journy 14 Nov 2012 03:28 #147843

• Dov
  • Administrator
Awesome!

I like working the steps and going to meetings with other addicts, having real (not username-based) relationships with other serious (but fun-loving and happy) recovering lust addicts, and praying to my own G-d...the one we call 'Elokai'. You may be doing all those things already in some way. Nu - hatzlocha chabibi!

Re: My journy 14 Nov 2012 21:23 #147912

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day two. I final got my self back on track with a clean day. It took a while because when I fall, I get depressed and when I'm depressed I fall. I hope to come back here tomarrow as happy as I am today.

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 19:59 #147989

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day three. I usually fall today so can everyone who looks at this post write something to me. Just saying "Hi" can be a big help for me. I once heard that the third day is the hardest day for smokers who are trying to quit. I guess it is the same for lust.

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 20:10 #147990

• dont give up
hi there!

any ideas how to keep yourself busy?

much success!!

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 20:22 #147993

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlishi L'Miloh, like Avraham Avinu

Hang tight, it gets better.

KOMT!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 20:50 #147996

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
some guy,
You can do it. Just take it one bit at a time. This is not day three, it is just another day, just another hour to get through.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 20:56 #147998

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the support. I will try to ride my bike to clear my head, if I have to.

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 21:21 #148002

• Dov
  • Administrator
Bike rides are the awesomest! Enjoy!

Re: My journy 15 Nov 2012 22:13 #148005

dov wrote on 15 Nov 2012 21:21:

Bike rides are the awesomest! Enjoy!

Yeah.
"Get off the 18-Wheeler and onto a tricycle!"
i.e. Keep it simple.
'Let go and let G-d.'

We're all rooting (and davening) for you.

Hatzlacha bechol yom - erev vavoker vetzohorayim.

MT

Re: My journy 16 Nov 2012 11:52 #148024

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's sort of how I understand:

One is too many and a thousand times is not enough

Like we can slip or even fall, but always get up try again, give it your best for this day, maybe just these 15 minutes (that's the thousand times), but never ever quit (the "one is too many").

You know, every day is similar, your mind slips, eyes look, we loose faith, you know - and a thousand times is not enough to go back to what ever works for you (i don't know: a small paper with your special prayer, a 12 steps list, a number you can call, ...). That's what we got to do, just go a thousand times back and back again.

The sky will surely clear and the sun will shine and then we will be able to stand with a sober smile. Just a moment, but it is a great feeling, you know it and we forget all the thousand times we needed to get there. But there it is.

Well, just wanted to say HI!!!

And also this: 15 minutes is huge and 3 days is wasome

All the best to You!!!

Re: My journy 16 Nov 2012 19:40 #148068

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 4!!!! I did it. I am so excited. Thank you all for the constant support and for caring sincerly. Now that I've reached that goal, should I try to go for a week clean?
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes