Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My journy 7171 Views

Re: My journy 08 Nov 2012 20:52 #147483

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DON'T GIVE UP

Re: My journy 08 Nov 2012 21:49 #147487

• Dov
  • Administrator
An excellent sentiment - and yes: NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!

But boruch Hashem, I did give up fighting and winning the battle years ago, and finally, finally got the help I really needed to live free of that hell.

But as far as "finally beating it"? Fight, fight, and fight!! It's a mitzvah! But if you see over time that you are really just fooling yourself and not beating anything but just getting worse, then for G-d's sake please consider giving the silly and prideful fight the heck up as soon as possible and getting the help you really need. In other words, give up and get help.

And if it turns out that the help your own heart tells you that really need is just too embarrassing, as in, "How can I actually admit these things to a real live person?!"...then you are really not ready to do anything to get better, that's all. It means things are still manageable.

I am not implying that you are a failure at using your sexuality the way you want (as I am)....and I am not implying here that you are an addict, c"v....and I am not implying what you need or what you should do. I am just suggesting options to consider depending on what happens.

Hatzlocha with all that you get here, chaver.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: My journy 08 Nov 2012 22:07 #147490

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Speaking uf giving up on fighting,
it's intersting to think of Judo, in Judo you don't fight back per say, rather you use there strength and momentum against them. try applying theses tactics to the YH (meaning don't go head on, rathe outsmart him, pre-empt him and so on...)

Cheers!

Re: My journy 09 Nov 2012 19:45 #147564

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 3.
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 03:27 #147581

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell really hard, today. I feel like ... I cannot even describe it. I don't know how/what to write, but I really need some support. Is anyone there?
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 14:48 #147601

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today will be day one.

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 15:18 #147603

Hatzlacha on your renewed commitment. Keep away from hazardous stuff. Filter your eyes and your mind. Keep busy with good things. Avoid questionable activities - like surfing the internet for so-called kosher stuff. A cancer patient r"l who went through a relapse and miraculously survived would be extra careful to follow doctor's orders. We similarly need to at least follow common sense, and look back at what did us in, and make sure that it don't happen again.

Go for it!

MT

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 15:34 #147611

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
SomeGuy, your persistence in bouncing back and trying again is amazing. Keep on Monstuh Trucking!

P.S. MT Mazel Tov on becoming a Hero Member
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 15:48 #147615

• think good
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
some-guy just start again we have all done it many many times.

by the way do you need to have an internet connection at all?

If you don't need the connection for work then cut it!

or maybe just accept you cannot beat it and throw everything to HaShem and start working the steps

Re: My journy 11 Nov 2012 21:33 #147624

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell about 30 minutes ago. I will not let myself get depressed about this. I am not a bad person for this. I will have a good day.

Re: My journy 12 Nov 2012 00:36 #147627

• reallygettingthere
That's a great choice

Re: My journy 12 Nov 2012 11:37 #147644

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
To day will be day one!

Re: My journy 12 Nov 2012 17:52 #147692

• jewish jew
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Some Guy, but I think if you would post a bit more on how you are feeling and what made you fall etc. The more detailed writing will help get it off your chest and help in the long run. Just writing "I fell today, but I will get up and keep on battling" etc. is good but I think leaves to much bottled up in you and that almost always bursts.

Keep up the wonderful work Yitzchok
The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, it’s connection

Re: My journy 13 Nov 2012 12:14 #147760

• think good
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry Some Guy, but I think if you would post a bit more on how you are feeling and what made you fall etc.

Agreed - Its hard but allow us to help, try to be more open. Just by expressing your thoughts etc will help you

Re: My journy 13 Nov 2012 19:46 #147804

• some_guy
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell on Monday. I feel so disappointed in myself for not being able to stay strong. I just want to cry. I almost fell twice today. I worry myself because my fantasies are getting more and more violent. I just want to give up so badly.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes