Welcome, Guest

starting over... AGAIN
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting over... AGAIN 3202 Views

Re: starting over... AGAIN 28 Nov 2011 02:04 #126904

• Dov
  • Administrator
Amen!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting over... AGAIN 29 Nov 2011 02:26 #127036

• Current streak: 53 days
  • Platinum Boarder
i counted my chickens before they hatched.  today was a semi-bad "looking" day. 

All these hot super-frum ladies.  Drive me crazy, they have NO idea.

Re: starting over... AGAIN 30 Nov 2011 15:53 #127192

• aaron
  • Gold Boarder
forgive (yourself) and forget. thats all that can be done now. take some deep breaths.

you're such a warrior. you can do this. we have confidence in you
"Master of the World, Tate Zise Helige Tate......."

Changing the world one person, one smile at a time -- starting with me ;D

www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2590.0

Re: starting over... AGAIN 30 Nov 2011 16:13 #127196

• Dov
  • Administrator
I have no confidence in you, at all. Do you have a decent track record? I have no confidence in myself, either. I have a horrible track record, myself. And I've been sober a while. So?

I have confidence in G-d, not you and not me.

If you can beat it yourself, that's great. Feel free to ignore me and my stupid confidence issue, my track record, and your track record. The 12 steps are not a religion, to me, and there is no 'mitzvah' to be powerless.

But if you discover that you are a loser to your lust and have such a pathetic track record that it would be patent stupidity to go with confidence in yourself, then you are like me.

There is a big, Big G-d. For Him it is no contest. But there is a catch, of course:

As the Kotzker said, "He only comes where people let Him in." And that is what recovery is all about. Getting out of his way.

And it beats "not falling" by a light-year, for those who need it.

Hatzlocha!!

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: starting over... AGAIN 01 Dec 2011 01:01 #127315

• aaron
  • Gold Boarder
dov, i agree completely but shouldn't הכל בידי שמים חוצ מיראת שמים imply our need to initiate and at least believe in ourselves to ask for help?
"Master of the World, Tate Zise Helige Tate......."

Changing the world one person, one smile at a time -- starting with me ;D

www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2590.0

Re: starting over... AGAIN 01 Dec 2011 05:34 #127334

• Dov
  • Administrator
To believe that G-d never forsakes anyone, not even ourselves...and to believe that we are worth it, being worth the creating of an entire world....sure. I'm with you, amigo!

Re: starting over... AGAIN 01 Dec 2011 17:08 #127406

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Confidence wrote on 01 Dec 2011 01:01:

dov, i agree completely but shouldn't הכל בידי שמים חוצ מיראת שמים imply our need to initiate and at least believe in ourselves to ask for help?

See here:

dov wrote on 30 Nov 2011 19:17:

It's G-d who does it, not them. But simultaneously, "ein hadovor tolui ella bee!" I am the only one who can surrender to Hashem and let Him in to take care of me. And I can't learn how to do it by myself. I needed to learn how from other drunks on recovery, and still do. I forget so, so easily.
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes