Welcome, Guest

starting over... AGAIN
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: starting over... AGAIN 3201 Views

Re: starting over... AGAIN 27 Oct 2011 11:47 #123002

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations, how are you doing!? How do you let go and let Hashem?
Last Edit: by .

Re: starting over... AGAIN 28 Oct 2011 04:07 #123136

• Dov
  • Administrator
However you do it, one will not be able to even start as long as he or she still harbors the hope that they could actually do it themselves somehow.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: starting over... AGAIN 28 Oct 2011 14:33 #123187

• Current streak: 53 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So this is the way my brain works.  Really! 
    "Congrats, me... wow i am doing so well... perhaps .... I can REWARD myself with a little.... y'know..."

Agreed, no way *I* can do it... so thankfully we will all get through Shabos in one piece!

day 5!!

Re: starting over... AGAIN 01 Nov 2011 10:46 #123663

• Mordechai
How are you doinng 5770?  stay strong and fight the yetzer hara!! don't focus too much on winning the war! take it one battle at a time! Wars are only won by battle after battle!
Keep on winning!!

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 03:01 #124025

• Platinum Boarder
day10 -  not thinking about p&&& whatsoever (trying to keep my eyes away from the CUTE frum ladies that seem to keep cropping up EVERYWHERE...) , mostly dealing with the inevitable chaos that ensues for days/weeks "post-p***" - - but good - VERY GOOD.  i hear Shabos is going to be BIG this weekend, looking forward to it.........

like your quote by the way!!
Mordechai wrote on 01 Nov 2011 10:46:
Wars are only won by battle after battle!

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 03:08 #124026

• Dov
  • Administrator
1- What do you mean by this coming Shabbos being big? Let me in on it please.

2- When you refer to a 'war being won', can you define what 'winning the war' exactly means? And when this victory occurs?

Thanks! Just curious.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 15:21 #124087

• Platinum Boarder
Big Shabbos? - well I am just being optimistic.  I am assuming everyone everywhere is going to have a nice Shabos...we have a beautifu lunch lined up.. all very exciting stuff (i am easily excited :-))

Winning the war?  Again, you caught me on an optimsitic upswing. I guess when I get this and other things under control-ish, then I will be free to fight the next challenge.  Maybe?

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 18:29 #124148

• Dov
  • Administrator
Thanks, but I was really referring to this post by Mordechai:
Mordechai wrote on 01 Nov 2011 10:46:

How are you doinng 5770?  stay strong and fight the yetzer hara!! don't focus too much on winning the war! take it one battle at a time! Wars are only won by battle after battle!
Keep on winning!!

It is a real question I am asking, not with 'pre'tensias', nor to make a point. Any answer?

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 22:39 #124216

• Platinum Boarder
sorry Dov, i am not 100% sure i understand your question :-)

Re: starting over... AGAIN 03 Nov 2011 22:50 #124218

• Dov
  • Administrator
Again, I was asking Mordechai, really, and not you - unless you and mordechai the same poster? Hey, stranger things than that have happened here...

Morderchai is big enough to respond for himself, or to ignore the question, too. No harm done either way and kol hakavod in any case!

Re: starting over... AGAIN 04 Nov 2011 14:02 #124290

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I think there are some crossed wires here.  Dov, I think you asked 2 questions, one was certainly addressed to 5770.

Maybe quote the post you are referring to along with your questions.

Re: starting over... AGAIN 04 Nov 2011 16:45 #124311

• Dov
  • Administrator
So right you are! Sorry 5770....

It's hard for me to surrender the desire to press Mordechai for the answer to my little question. Gevalt. It seems to be my lust acting up again - lust for arguing because of the fantasy of being right. Nu. I don't feel that often, but why feel drawn to ask "Hey! Nu?!"? It's a lust of some kind, for sure. Maybe a lust to be useful, or a lust for me to be heard or understood by another.

NU. There are worse things I have the ability to lust after. But still: eez no good for me.

May I turn inward now, and turn to Hashem who is in me and around me, for me, and with me. Mordechai doesn't really need me, and I don't really need Mordechai. We need Hashem, who often gives us to know Him, through people...but it boils down to our relationship with Him.

I love my wife, my children, my parents, my fellow recovering perverts (which includes a few real friends), and my few real (normal) friends. I love yidden, and I love trees, mushrooms, the ocean, the taste of fried fish, ice cream, and lots of other things. 

Re: starting over... AGAIN 04 Nov 2011 19:01 #124329

• Platinum Boarder
... oooh while we're on the subject... i would add loving puppies, pizza (with mushrooms!) and a delicious cold beer.  Gut Shabos!

"go on.... just a quick look..... just a peek!" 08 Nov 2011 02:22 #124745

• Platinum Boarder
ok focus is definitely waning... getting a lot of free/alone time...

hoping if I post here it'll guilt me into keeping behaving

day 14

Re: starting over... AGAIN 08 Nov 2011 02:37 #124750

• Dov
  • Administrator
You mean, the results of acting out your lust don't hurt you badly enough yet?

One day you'll get there, if you need to. In the meantime, there is plenty support all around.

Hatzlocha!
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes