Welcome, Guest

The "street cleaning" wall of honor
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 4357 Views

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 16:40 #114617

• bardichev
obormottel wrote on 14 Aug 2011 22:08:

Although my problem is way bigger than letting my eyes wonder on the street ( I kinda wish that WAS my only problem), An einikle of Baal HaTanya writes that someone who fails to guard his eyes, his entire avoda is ayin v'efes.
The question is, how do you live your life with your eyes closed? I hope that when I'll have dealt with the compulsion part of my problem, I'll be able to look the world straight in the eye. But we certainly need to watch our gaze from getting away from our conscious mind.

big huge task

roiv tzaddikim say that what a yeed can see in a day in this dor is what the zaydeh couldnt see in 70 years

so putting the admor hazokens  neched tzum zait for a second

a second of shemiras ainayim in THIS dor is alot more than any shmiras ainayim of the people in the dor of the ainikel of the ball hatanya

u see obbermottell

us frum jews are soooooooooooooooooo sick in the head

we go from imaginiing every shopping woman to the avoideh of the talmidei haball shem

me

bardichev says

chillout!!!!!!!!!!

slow

the woman in the store shopping for organic butternut squash granola

is just that

just cause she is dressed in a way that that trigggers

i say  who give a possums posterior

keep on trucking!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 21:14 #114706

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
very good bard!
i heard once, that in hungary the goyim used to wait by the river, so when the ladys would cross it, they reveald up to their knees
that was the yetzer hora of before the war
they didnt have in their lifetime challanges that we have when walking one single block!
so if we are brought down in such a generation, then this is our duty of care
and we should be proud and dancing for our achievments

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 22:05 #114724

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Bardichev and Jack, both well put.
But then the question is: ma li ul'avoydas Hashem? if I can't reference holy books of yore 'cause they have no idea what I am going through (in unzer dor), then who is going to tell me what's avoido? I put on tfilin everyday, eat kosher, and keep SHabbos v'Yomtov. It's way more then most people of this dor. So I have averos under my belt (literally), but it's a generational problem, not mine. And if we say that Toiro is nitzchis, then it's message is emmes no matter time and place, then we are back: What took my zeyde 70 years to lose his entire avoido, now takes me one second.
It's a depressing thought, and therefore counterproductive, but emmes is emmes, no?
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 22:11 #114726

• bardichev
pooooooonkt farkert!!!!!!

this  dor u lose nothing

all of what u are doing is such lifoom tzara agara

all of what i write is based on sifrei chassidus

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 22:14 #114727

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
every neshomo came down with a shlichos!
how do we know what hashem wants us to accomplish?
where its the most challanging there is the biggest reward
this what we came down for
of course we have to do all the mitzvos
but this is our specific shlichos

like it was shmiras shabbos in america before the war
and tziyonos after the war
now its shmiras habris

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 22:17 #114728

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 15 Aug 2011 22:11:

pooooooonkt farkert!!!!!!

this  dor u lose nothing

all of what u are doing is such lifoom tzara agara

all of what i write is based on sifrei chassidus

explain please. And it is in sifrei chassidus that I quoted earlier about ayin v'efes, so which books do you pick over which? should we have them arm wrestle? and again, the lifoom tzaro ...I didn't get it...
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 15 Aug 2011 22:24 #114730

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
JackInShteeble wrote on 15 Aug 2011 22:14:

like it was shmiras shabbos in america before the war
and tziyonos after the war
now its shmiras habris

I like the analogy and understand that it is a specific problem of our dor. Do I understand you to say that shmiras aynaim is our entire avoda today (not just part of it)? But that only proofs my point (and I am not very happy about that): in the past, your failure in one area (shmiras aynaim) would negate your entire avoido in other areas. Now, that shmiras aynaim IS the entire avoido, al achas kamo v'kamo?
Baby steps.

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 01:41 #114751

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
obormottel wrote on 15 Aug 2011 22:05:

Bardichev and Jack, both well put.
But then the question is: ma li ul'avoydas Hashem? if I can't reference holy books of yore 'cause they have no idea what I am going through (in unzer dor), then who is going to tell me what's avoido? I put on tfilin everyday, eat kosher, and keep SHabbos v'Yomtov. It's way more then most people of this dor. So I have averos under my belt (literally), but it's a generational problem, not mine. And if we say that Toiro is nitzchis, then it's message is emmes no matter time and place, then we are back: What took my zeyde 70 years to lose his entire avoido, now takes me one second.
It's a depressing thought, and therefore counterproductive, but emmes is emmes, no?

Look at it this way; Your zeide had the opportunity to be zoche to the madreiga of "gibor hakoivesh es yitzro" once on 70 years, you can do it every 5 minutes!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 01:50 #114752

• bardichev
exactly

i heard from a huge gadol (pm me i dont know if he wants the advertising)

the whole america is

oso isha oso makom oso zman

so yes zaideh may have lost it all and

he may have been in

kolba-eh-hah lo yashuvin

us too

but we can recify it in a nano second

one holding back

one filter

one delete of the browser

one webchaver partner

etc etc etc

is gevaldigggggger avoidehh

another thing

this dor needs chizzuk

we all need chizzuk

yes previous doiros had a very very lofty avoideh

amoooligerr chassidim hubbin gerrisin fin zeeech shtikker

we are in the end of galus

with chutzpah yasgi to an enth degree

we need to use all the chizzuk we can get!!!!!!

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 02:31 #114756

• helpfyi
  • Platinum Boarder
hi guys checking in here, i have deffently slipped the past few days was in a place that i'm not used to, that made it hard. but i know that i did look away alot of times and that for me is a big accomplishment, i will keep on trucking...

as far as what you guys are saying about our dor, R yeruchum says in daas torah parshas shalch that  Yeruchim in sefer Daas Torah (parshas shlach) says that a yeshiva bocher learning in yeshiva today and studying hard the torah and not being able to get to the bottom of the gemora or reshons words, could be more chosiv then the actual reshion himself! This is bec that since its hard its worth more then the face value. You can say the same for all mizvoes.

R shamshon pincus once said that if you get to shamiyim after 120 and they say "how come you weren't R Akiva Eger??" You should answer "did R Akiva Eger ever walk the streets of Minhattan??" Which means that our tests are harder then theirs so therfore worth more to hashem.

the arizal says that a little torah and mizvoes in our dor is worth like a huge mizvah in previous dors. you see clear that our work is harder and more appreciated then the previous dors.

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 07:45 #114773

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess if I look at myself as gornisht shebegornisht, and realize I am not shayach to the avoido which could ALL be lost because of failure in shmiras aynaim; I can start appreciating the small things I actually do, and realize they are precious and, for me, are avoido. Avoido means labor, and labor is hard work. It's certainly hard. It took me all day, but I see your point. Thank you. You speak the truth.Helpfyi wrote on 16 Aug 2011 02:31:

R shamshon pincus once said that if you get to shamiyim after 120 and they say "how come you weren't R Akiva Eger??" You should answer "did R Akiva Eger ever walk the streets of Minhattan??" Which means that our tests are harder then theirs so therfore worth more to hashem.

Reb Zushe miAnipoli said said after 120 they will not ask him why wasn't he like Avrohom, or Moshe, etc but why wasn't he more like Zushe. That's what bothered me earlier: am I living up to my madreiga? But if I get off the high horse, and forget about madreigos, and realize that for a shmutzike chutzpanyak like myself I am actually doing something positive for a change, then maybe I am serving G-d in my own twisted way. Boy, it's gonna be a long road...
Baby steps.

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 15:03 #114798

• helpfyi
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear obormottel- keep it up your doing great.

I am serving G-d in my own twisted way.

everyone has their own way of avodas hashem, if this is your way then its not "twisted" it just your own personal relationship with hashem.

Boy, it's gonna be a long road...

Don't look at the "long road" but each day on its own is like a small street, take each street on its own....

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 15:21 #114802

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
obormottel wrote on 16 Aug 2011 07:45:

That's what bothered me earlier: am I living up to my madreiga? But if I get off the high horse, and forget about madreigos, and realize that for a shmutzike chutzpanyak like myself I am actually doing something positive for a change, then maybe I am serving G-d in my own twisted way. Boy, it's gonna be a long road...

hi Mottel,

the idea you mention is an important one. many people (including me) sometimes think in terms of 'all or nothing', i have to be the perfect yid, ba'al madreiga who sees the shem havaya everywhere and is just about ready to use the Siddur Harashash. that's a nice fantasy. and without a lot of hard work it's not gonna happen. am i ready for that? do i deserve it? definitely not.

maybe all i am to do is daven like a simple person, make a bracha, learn a mishna, be omeid benisayon and give a dollar for tzedaka. that's what HKBH wants from me. even if there are no fireworks or angels singing (at least that i can hear).

see this letter from R' Mendele Vitebsker who says that same thing:
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=3284.msg112665#msg112665

you hit the nail on the head with what you wrote.

keep up your great work
be'hatzlacha
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 19:34 #114864

• bardichev
as one of my favorite lubavitcher freinds

(my favoriyte is ymg amd also my zillion cousins and all the yummy shluchim i met all over the place u guys rikkkkkkkk)

but as the marcus bruders say

aint no road to krenitz

Re: The "street cleaning" wall of honor 16 Aug 2011 21:46 #114910

• chazak
  • Expert Boarder
סטיל קלין
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes