Welcome, Guest

Humpty Dumpty
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Humpty Dumpty 249 Views

Re: Humpty Dumpty 22 Mar 2024 17:33 #410621

Is there any fairy tale that has a "good" moral?

Little red riding hood - if you do chesed people will try to kill you
Snow White - parents hate you and your only solution is to find a prince who will deux ex machina all problems away because you look good in your sleep.
Sleeping beauty- really horrible things randomly happen but a prince will save you because you look good in your sleep (takah this one might be how I live my life)
You can do this with any fairy tale. 

At least the modern equivalent that is children's cartoons don't pretend to have morals. Like Spongebob - just a truly absurd meaningless conglomeration of sound and pictures (does spongebob still exist?)
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: Humpty Dumpty 22 Mar 2024 17:37 #410622

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This whole discussion is way to teef for the JHF section. Move it to the Bais Medrash!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Humpty Dumpty 24 Mar 2024 13:33 #410637

• parev
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 22 Mar 2024 17:37:
This whole discussion is way to teef for the JHF section. Move it to the Bais Medrash!

Totally Maskim
This thread ent waaaayy off tangent.
Marbitz torah and communal askan in E Yisroel | 30's | Went to rehab | Avid SA'er
Not perfect yet, but a changed person 180 degrees
If you think you know who I am, and want to reach out for further chizzuk, I have nothing to hide in real life and would love to share my ESH with you

Re: Humpty Dumpty 24 Mar 2024 13:35 #410638

• parev
  • Platinum Boarder
chooseurname wrote on 22 Mar 2024 17:33:
Is there any fairy tale that has a "good" moral?

Little red riding hood - if you do chesed people will try to kill you

I asked my Rov this was his reply

"Little Red Riding Hood" offers several timeless lessons that can be interpreted through various lenses, including the struggle against desires and the dangers of addiction. A moral that resonates with the theme of resisting temptation, especially in the context of lust or addiction, revolves around the importance of self-awareness and the vigilance needed to guard against deceit and harmful impulses.

In the tale, Little Red Riding Hood is given specific instructions by her mother to stay on the path and go directly to her grandmother's house. However, she is tempted off the path by the wolf, who represents danger and deceit. This diversion can be likened to the lure of addictive behaviors or desires, which often promise satisfaction or adventure but lead away from safety and well-being.

The wolf's deception and eventual confrontation with Little Red Riding Hood serve as a powerful allegory for the dangers of succumbing to temptation. Just as the wolf disguises himself to prey upon the unsuspecting girl, so too can addictive desires masquerade as harmless or enticing, leading individuals away from their goals and into peril.

From this, we can derive a moral about the importance of adhering to one's principles and remaining vigilant against the allure of harmful desires. It teaches the value of listening to wise counsel, being aware of the consequences of our choices, and the importance of recognizing and resisting deceitful temptations that may lead us astray. This story underscores the necessity of self-discipline and the courage to face and overcome challenges, reinforcing the message that true strength lies in the ability to stay true to one's path and values, even in the face of seductive distractions.
Marbitz torah and communal askan in E Yisroel | 30's | Went to rehab | Avid SA'er
Not perfect yet, but a changed person 180 degrees
If you think you know who I am, and want to reach out for further chizzuk, I have nothing to hide in real life and would love to share my ESH with you

Re: Humpty Dumpty 25 Mar 2024 13:38 #410655

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
parev wrote on 24 Mar 2024 13:33:

Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 22 Mar 2024 17:37:

Totally Maskim
This thread ent waaaayy off tangent.

Ich bin maskim oz si iz teef
#JHF
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Humpty Dumpty 26 Mar 2024 16:52 #410722

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to see the oilam having so much fun. And learning to stay away from harmful influences
My dear friend, Reb Parev, who I've had the pleasure of 'meeting' recently, if I may point out, using AI carries its risks. Please protect yourself.
Keep trucking...and joiking around!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes