Welcome, Guest

let add some color to our lives
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: let add some color to our lives 417 Views

let add some color to our lives 03 May 2022 14:29 #380332

• ybird
  • Current streak: 304 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi everyone 
I was thinking a long time of opening such a thread, if lust and shumtz is color black, and being holy and clean is color white, so why think all day long from black and white when we can put some color to it too, 

Its not a secret that woman have sites disscussing recipes, kids clothing, health etc. so maybe we can start this on a more musculer way,
like how's your fianancel stability (living in dept is a trigger), disscussing places to go vacation without seeing too much poor goiyem who dont have money to buy propper clothing, maybe some chinuch of the kids, health issues,  for the bucherem how to deal with an angry Mashgiach/Rosh Yeshiva, for Yingerlat when is the right time to leave kollel, the list is long i will let you decide the right topics

what to you guys think of shifting our minds not to think to much of the pink elephent in the room and starting to disscuss more general topics?

please let this get some heat!!!
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days
Last Edit: 03 May 2022 17:02 by ybird. Reason: removed politics

Re: let add some color to our lives 03 May 2022 16:27 #380341

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
You're raising a very valid point.

The Baal Hatanya writes that if the unwanted sight keeps vividly re-appearing and replaying itself in your mind, the way to dismiss those unwanted thoughts is to completely ignore them and turn your mind to a totally different subject. Strike up a conversation with someone, sing yourself a song, or just distract yourself in some other way. Concentrate on something else completely - anything!
That’s far healthier and more practical than trying to push those images out of your mind.
If there is a person standing in a cyclist’s path, the cyclist would not confront him with logical arguments. He will but swiftly swerve! Never try to deal with undesirable thoughts directly.

Just as touching mud gets your hands all dirty, so too struggling with evil brings you in close contact with it. Just focus your thoughts on something else. Engross yourself in your chosen topic; with Hashem’s help, you will succeed.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: let add some color to our lives 03 May 2022 16:38 #380342

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
david i aggree with you 1000%
If this site is the only site i can go on without wasting time on ivelt or other "kosher" sites vd"l, lets make here in gye something more cheerfull besides our fighting battle
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days

Re: let add some color to our lives 03 May 2022 16:50 #380344

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: let add some color to our lives 03 May 2022 16:55 #380345

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
*** READ THIS***

Re: let add some color to our lives 05 May 2022 00:03 #380404

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder

"Gevura Shebyesod" post=203137 date=1362605771 catid=23

YELLOW, I was BLUE
Then I RED some funny posts
Now I am GREENing
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes