Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 341171 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Dec 2012 20:48 #148868

• Antartic
  • Current streak: 370 days
  • Senior Boarder
-Knock Knock

-Who is it??

-Me

-ME?!??!?

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Dec 2012 04:34 #148881

• Dov
  • Administrator
AHHHH!!!!!MEEEEE!!!?????
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 05 Dec 2012 13:23 #148938

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Dov; Didn't you mean
AHHHH!!!!!nEEEEE
Mi? Ani.

knock knock jokes are weird
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 28 Jan 2013 01:19 #201457

some stuff from the new guy...(might make you cry)

there was a village in africa famous for their chiefs beautiful throne. a neighboring tribe, jealous, decided to wage war and steal the throne. the chief decided that instead of fighting back they would just hide the throne and tell the attackers that it was burnt. the attackers, convinced that they were being lied to, searched the village from top to bottom. as they about to leave in defeat the roof of one of the grass huts collapsed and out fell the throne.
the moral of the story: men who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones

this one works best if you speak hebrew as well as english.

a man went to the beach with his extended family. his mother in law went for a swim and started drowning. the man immediately started davening mincha. "are you crazy?!" his wife yelled "why are you davening now?" "what do you mean?" he replied "shkias hachama!"

a guy hears a knock on the door and opens it to see his mother in law standing there with three huge suitcases
"so ma how long are you planning on staying?"
"as long as you want"
"you won't even come in for a cup of tea?"

a guy goes running out to the street
"you have to help me. my mother in law is trying to jump out the window!"
"oh no! we have to help her!"
"no you don't understand. the window is stuck!"

a rabbis landlord, an anti semite, called the rabbi one day to inform him that there was a dead dog in front of the building. "aren't you the super?" the rabbis asked
"clergy take care of funerals" was the reply
a few minute later the super gets a call from the rabbi informing him about the dog
"i thought i said thats the job of the clergy"
the rabbi replied "i'm just notifying next of kin"

hope these weren't too painfull
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 01 Feb 2013 22:10 #201671

• Dov
  • Administrator
Great! hey, new guy whoever you really are - you are definitely 'in'. Please keep the laughs coming, amigo!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 11 Feb 2013 16:35 #202065

why did the chicken cross the park?
to get to the other slide

why did adam harishon live so long?
he didnt have any in laws

what happens when you miss your mother in law?
aim and shoot again

what did the cannibal do when he didnt like his mother in law?
added ketchup

two hobboes were sitting at the side of the road holding a sign which said "the end is near" a car pulled up the driver rolled down his window and proceeded to tell the hobboes exactly what he thought of armagedden predictors. a few minutes after the car drove on there was the sound of a splash. one hobboe turned to the other and asked "should we just change the sign to say 'the bridge is out'?"
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 15 Feb 2013 15:11 #202296

(i was walking down the street in yerushalayim and i over-heard one kid telling another this joke)
whats the difference between an old person and a robber?
an old person is Bah Bayamim a robber is Bah Baleilot
Last Edit: 15 Feb 2013 15:11 by nitzotzeloki.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 15 Feb 2013 21:50 #202318

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

Nacho cheese
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 15 Feb 2013 22:07 #202320

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
waddya call the Tallis train?

der Tali-ban

HO HO HO

I can hear the groans

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Mar 2013 17:06 #204092

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
Why are the towels next to the sinks in the Mir?

Just in case you touch them, you can wash your hands.

Loshon Acher-
Why is there a roll of paper towels next to the towels at the Mir?

So that you can wash your hands on the towels and dry them with the paper towels.

-INSIDE JOKES-
(Yeah, I'm just popping bye.)
Meir
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2013 17:06 by E-Tek.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Apr 2013 19:13 #204165

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Meir where were you? I never got to meet you!

How about meeting next to the towels in bais yeshaya [wolmark] when they're actually dry [friday morning about eight]...

[seriously. i'd appreciate if you contacted me]

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Apr 2013 20:27 #204169

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
E-Tek wrote:
Why are the towels next to the sinks in the Mir?

Just in case you touch them, you can wash your hands.

Loshon Acher-
Why is there a roll of paper towels next to the towels at the Mir?

So that you can wash your hands on the towels and dry them with the paper towels.

-INSIDE JOKES-
(Yeah, I'm just popping bye.)
Meir

EEWWWW!!!! sounds just like one of the Shteebles I Daven in... (No Shteebz I don't mean you)
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Apr 2013 09:47 #204188

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
A fly falls into a cup of coffee and...

The Italian - throws the cup, breaks it, and walks away in a fit of rage.

The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Frenchman - takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Chinese - eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Russian - Drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli- sells the coffee to the Frenchman, sells the fly to the Chinese, sells the cup to the Italian, drinks a cup of tea, and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinese, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Apr 2013 20:09 #204216

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
BB, one of the best in a while

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Apr 2013 22:55 #204233

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Blind Beggar wrote:
A fly falls into a cup of coffee and...

The Italian - throws the cup, breaks it, and walks away in a fit of rage.

The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Frenchman - takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Chinese - eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Russian - Drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli- sells the coffee to the Frenchman, sells the fly to the Chinese, sells the cup to the Italian, drinks a cup of tea, and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinese, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian.

Interestingly enough, that story is actually based on a gemara (end of gittin):

תניא, היה רבי מאיר אומר: כשם שהדעות במאכל, כך דעות בנשים; יש לך אדם שזבוב נופל לתוך כוסו וזורקו ואינו שותהו, וזו היא מדת פפוס בן יהודה, שהיה נועל בפני אשתו ויוצא; ויש לך אדם שזבוב נופל לתוך כוסו וזורקו ושותהו, וזו היא מדת כל אדם, שמדברת עם אחיה וקרוביה ומניחה; ויש לך אדם שזבוב נופל לתוך תמחוי מוצצו ואוכלו, זו היא מדת אדם רע, שרואה את אשתו יוצאה וראשה פרוע, וטווה בשוק, ופרומה משני צדדיה, זו מצוה מן התורה לגרשה
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes