Welcome, Guest

They think they understand us -- they don't!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: They think they understand us -- they don't! 1972 Views

They think they understand us -- they don't! 08 May 2013 23:42 #206879

• boobusy
  • Fresh Boarder
The rabbis in shul and yeshivos keep putting us down for falling for the yestzer hora. They can't imagine how strong the Y"H is. At least for me. I work on a pc all day in small office and no one can see my screen. Many times I sneak a peak or stay in the office alone after hours. Late night if I can't fall asleep I'll go downstairs and watch p*rn and m*.

I tried many times to commit to stopping. I tried the programs. I even once called a therapist anonymously for an hour. I once called a rov in a different town and explained my situation with him, All he told me was to quit my job.
I love my local rov but I'll never discuss it with him.

The rabbis keep putting us down. I'm now to this site and I don't think I'm alone in my opinion.

Lakewood is having an asifa tomorrow. I spoke with someone in TAG and they said it is to strengthen their commitment to who ever does not have a filter, a lock and an "ishur(?)" their kids are bounced out of school.

Did anyone ever give the rabbi a computer, internet and a closed room for an hour? How dare they make it so simple. I'm not proud of my actions, but all I'm saying is, it's not easy.

Does anyone feel the same way I do?

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 08 May 2013 23:59 #206881

i totally hear you but ummmm why is this in the just having fun section?
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 00:00 #206882

• boobusy
  • Fresh Boarder
where should it be?

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 00:02 #206883

break free maybe. this part of the forum is for chilling out and goofing off the other parts are for the serious stuff.
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 00:05 #206884

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome BB, We have another BB here (Blind Beggar).

Why don't you start a new thread in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Then you can um... well introduce yourself.

We look forward to getting to know you better.

A couple of points.

I don't think anyone ever said that it was easy.

Why won't you tell your local rov?

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 00:39 #206888

• boobusy
  • Fresh Boarder
I will copy paste into Introduce yourself

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 10:06 #206912

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Hi, Gibbor 120 and Boobusy!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 18:53 #206931

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Hi BB (the original )

Re: They think they understand us -- they don't! 09 May 2013 23:43 #206972

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
boobusy wrote:
The rabbis in shul and yeshivos keep putting us down for falling for the yestzer hora. They can't imagine how strong the Y"H is. At least for me. I work on a pc all day in small office and no one can see my screen. Many times I sneak a peak or stay in the office alone after hours. Late night if I can't fall asleep I'll go downstairs and watch p*rn and m*.

I tried many times to commit to stopping. I tried the programs. I even once called a therapist anonymously for an hour. I once called a rov in a different town and explained my situation with him, All he told me was to quit my job.
I love my local rov but I'll never discuss it with him.

The rabbis keep putting us down. I'm now to this site and I don't think I'm alone in my opinion.

Lakewood is having an asifa tomorrow. I spoke with someone in TAG and they said it is to strengthen their commitment to who ever does not have a filter, a lock and an "ishur(?)" their kids are bounced out of school.

Did anyone ever give the rabbi a computer, internet and a closed room for an hour? How dare they make it so simple. I'm not proud of my actions, but all I'm saying is, it's not easy.

Does anyone feel the same way I do?

Hi Mr. Boo
Welcome! we'ze all in the same boat and Hashem will help us!
But we have to let him.
Whatver.. (i thought that sounded deep)

Any hoo in regard to Rabbis in rooms with locked doors and web access...
I think there might be a few of them on GYE!

It's takka a big yetzer horah, takah like a burning fire or a siren call.

Which is precisely why you'll never find a serious Rov calling people bad for being nichshol,
Rather what the fuss is about is recognizing the web for what it is and taking appropriate safegaurds....
Like if you can add a filter and you choose not to, then we have a problem.

(and even in regards to quitting your job, if that is the only way to get away from the shmutz, well as they say in French "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" I don't know how different this is to America in the early 19 hundreds, when very few yidden didn't work on shabbos...)

Join us in our March towards Moshiach!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes