Welcome, Guest

How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)?
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 12715 Views

How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 22 Aug 2011 23:31 #115828

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Kehilla Kedosha,

I think it's time to bring this topic up.

The terrible question is, how will they know on GYE if someone has died after 120?

What are we gonna do when someone really popular suddenly disappears and stops posting (Lo Aleinu)? How will we know what actually happened?

I for one, wouldn't be able to stand the suspense...

There's got to be a way to solve such a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last Edit: by .

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 22 Aug 2011 23:51 #115833

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
in Slonim there is a story about a chossid who died relatively young. for whatever reason he ended up in gehinnom. the first Friday night he went to the authorities there and requested that he be allowed to go to the weekly 'zitz' (tish/buttah/chassidic gathering). they refused to allow it but he would not take no for an answer and the case was brought before the Heavenly Court.

they asked whether he went every week. he affirmed his weekly attendance and the records confirmed it as well. so he went.....

and the rebbe finished off by saying "woe to friends who would let him return to his spot in gehinnom...."

ad kan hamaiseh

we can extend this and say that if someone is part of the GYE forum, he should be allowed to post after 120, so the whole question is moot
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 22 Aug 2011 23:54 #115834

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And we will do our best to make sure our friends don't go to Gehinnom in the first place!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 05:02 #115858

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
This is a very serious question. It should not be in Just Having Fun. If we all go to SA or at least to GYE get-togethers, then we will all have people who know who we are, not the whole Internet population just a few fellow Yidden. Then after 120 years the survivors can learn mishnayos for the deceased.

Who wants a GYE BYOB BBQ with BB in Meron this Thursday night? Bring last year's lulav and esrog, a shofar and plenty of meat and alcohol.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 06:52 #115864

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
I'm in.

Lulav and Esrog are already history, but I've been thinking that it's time for a GYE EY convention...

E
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 07:37 #115867

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
Blind Beggar wrote on 23 Aug 2011 05:02:

This is a very serious question. It should not be in Just Having Fun. If we all go to SA or at least to GYE get-togethers, then we will all have people who know who we are, not the whole Internet population just a few fellow Yidden. Then after 120 years the survivors can learn mishnayos for the deceased.

I completely agree. Who should be learning Mishnayos for me and be melamed zechus for me if not my holy brothers on GYE?

Blind Beggar wrote on 23 Aug 2011 05:02:

Who wants a GYE BYOB BBQ with BB in Meron this Thursday night? Bring last year's lulav and esrog, a shofar and plenty of meat and alcohol.

LOL ;D
I'm totally in. Is this for real? What's "BB"-Blackberries? I hope they're filtered... ;D
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2011 07:39 by .

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 13:53 #115896

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
how 'bout a kumzitz in tzfas first?
cuz i'm totally in.

agav. the satmar rebbe in vayoel moshe brings that in the 19th century the rabbis of the yishuv instated a takannah prohibiting any unmarried man between the ages of 20 and 60 from living in yerushalayim, afraid that since the gemara says ben esrim veloh nasa isha kol yamav ba'aveira, anyone over twenty will be metamei the holy land. the text of this takanah continues that neither should any bachur over twenty be allowed to divert from his regular bedtimes, even to learn a mishmar night.
but i believe that such an evening of gye chizuk, would be letoeles gadol, and even they would be matir.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 13:59 #115899

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
kidushashem wrote on 22 Aug 2011 23:31:

The terrible question is, how will they know on GYE if someone has died after 120?

What are we gonna do when someone really popular suddenly disappears and stops posting (Lo Aleinu)? How will we know what actually happened?

Beleive it or not, I have been wondering the exact same thing.

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 14:51 #115902

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
Gibbor, great minds think alike

Nu, stop wondering, give an answer!

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 14:52 #115904

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote on 23 Aug 2011 13:53:

agav. the satmar rebbe in vayoel moshe brings that in the 19th century the rabbis of the yishuv instated a takannah prohibiting any unmarried man between the ages of 20 and 60 from living in yerushalayim, afraid that since the gemara says ben esrim veloh nasa isha kol yamav ba'aveira, anyone over twenty will be metamei the holy land. the text of this takanah continues that neither should any bachur over twenty be allowed to divert from his regular bedtimes, even to learn a mishmar night.
but i believe that such an evening of gye chizuk, would be letoeles gadol, and even they would be matir.

wait, when was the Takanah broken?
Are we just ignoring it or was someone Matir?

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 14:55 #115905

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
kidushashem wrote on 23 Aug 2011 14:51:

I think someone said it already.  You need to know (in real life) someone else on the forum.  If you are completely virtual,  you will die without anyone on the forum knowing about it.  Sorry for the bluntness.  Usually bluntness is a sign of truth.

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 15:27 #115924

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
gibbor120 wrote on 23 Aug 2011 14:55:

bluntness is a sign of truth.

in that case, my pocketknife is very truthful
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 15:37 #115927

• heuni memass
gibbor120 wrote on 23 Aug 2011 14:55:

kidushashem wrote on 23 Aug 2011 14:51:

I think someone said it already.  You need to know (in real life) someone else on the forum.  If you are completely virtual,  you will die without anyone on the forum knowing about it.  Sorry for the bluntness.  Usually bluntness is a sign of truth.

I find by me- if I try to keep it totally virtual then my recovery just stays virtual and I do not find it to be REAL. I need to have at least one person that when I think about the idea of telling them I fell is more then just a screen name, then it helps me rethink my action that I am about to take.

But If i kick will he know that? he might think I am not answering he's calls?

Should we invent a GYE life support button.. Like hey I am about to kick the bucket lets let the boys at GYE know.. Or maybe thats not bad to have on us in case we are about to fall...

Ok guys who wants a (GYE) life support button.. ?

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 15:40 #115930

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
maybe write it in your life insurance application
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: How Will They Know When You Die (after 120)? 23 Aug 2011 15:42 #115931

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
That's why I said REAL life, not phone call life.  You could also leave it in your will to announce on GYE that screenname is deceased.  Or you could have your wife go on and announce it, if she knows your on here and your screen name.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes