Welcome, Guest

HAFGANAH!!!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: HAFGANAH!!! 7723 Views

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 21:05 #110054

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
If I become the joke guard/ serious guard it will be like the lunatics taking over the asylum. Maybe Me3 or Kedusha could do it. Or my wife, she can do anything.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: by .

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 18 Jul 2011 16:40 #111515

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
This has now happened again to us on Friday and Sunday, we didn’t get our daily dose. This is a sign that we did not protest enough last time.

What can we do better now ?

Can we expect a super-powerful dose now ?
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 18 Jul 2011 18:56 #111534

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
ben durdayah wrote on 29 Jun 2011 22:30:

I'm glad to inform all of you (as if you all don't already know) that our efforts have borne fruit! 

Not only did yesterday's e-mail have a dose of dov, Guard wrote "POWERFUL" next to it. This was obviously in order to make up for the previous day's omission.

But I don't think Guard even reads the forum anymore.

He's too busy doing something top-secret (except that he gives us regular posts as to his progress).  And I think he managed to pull Bardy over to the Guard-Side (or it's called something like that).

Use the Steps!  Use the Steps!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!  I feel it calling to me!!!!!  Use the Steps!!!!!!!  Join the Guard-Side!!!!

--Eye.

Guard is really our father, in a figurative way, of course (based on p'sukim).

(Can't breathe with this stupid mask on!)

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 15:33 #115703

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Blind Beggar wrote on 28 Jun 2011 21:23:

If the dumpster contains both milchig and fleishig garbage you could be cooking them together which is an issur min hatorah, chas vesholom, but it is a dovor sheino mischaven and not a psik reisho.

lemaiseh, toisfos in pesachim says that if there's an animal similar to a cat in the area you can be batuach that he ate up any meat.
now toisfos says that this is only with regard to fresh tender meat, but then again that's only for something similar to a cat. However, i think that the cats in yerushalayim devour any morsel of meat they can find even more than kedey chapisas kelev [cuz[i] lemaiseh [/i]they're cats, not dogs] so i'm not saying anyone could be soimech on me lemaiseh [i only said lemaiseh in the beginning, cuz lemaiseh thats the way i speak] by a hafganah, just writing this lehagdil toirah.
besides there may be shailos with going to a hafganah, so lets not go too deep, but first, how is it not a psik raisha? if it's there, it's there. do u want to start with ruba and chazaka?
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2011 15:45 by .

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 16:03 #115706

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But lemaiseh, it's an inyan of pikuach nefesh, so it's doche everything..... 

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 16:43 #115717

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
the rebbe [i'm [b]not[/b] referring to lubavitch, so guess who] writes that tziyoinis is like avodah zarah giluui arayos and shefichas damim, so pikuach nefesh is not doche it. therefore, even if the cats will die it's still permissible [i know that that's not what you meant but, whatever i'm kind of confused]

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 17:46 #115730

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
And nobody caught my obscure references to Star Wars?

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 18:13 #115738

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, I was wondering what the mask was about, Darth.

Anyway I'm more into music, not movies.....
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 22 Aug 2011 18:33 #115743

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Eye.nonymous wrote on 22 Aug 2011 17:46:

And nobody caught my obscure references to Star Wars?

Eye, I caught it.  It was pretty obvious.  I assume most ppl got it, but didn't necessarily post about it.  I'm never sure how many ppl read/appreciate what I write b/c only a few reply.  Just like if you daven for the amud.  for every few ppl that say yasher koach, there are a bunch more that appreciated it, but just didn't say so.

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 25 Aug 2011 18:44 #116434

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Blind Beggar wrote on 30 Jun 2011 12:25:

I would love to have you all come to Meron but I am afraid you might see my next-door neighbor's wife. She is so young and beautiful even though she is full of yiras shomayim and tznius. She is always happy and alert and never sad or upset or angry. Her house and 12 children are always tidy and immaculate even though she is the principal of a large girls' school and she runs 2 chessed organizations and a kiruv center. Her husband is so lucky. She is so much better than your wife in every single way that you are better off not seeing her.

OH. and YOU are protecting your anonymity, how many such women are there in meron anyway, and how many nextdoor neighbors do they have!?
so watch out cuz we're hot on your trail!!!  ;D

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 11 Sep 2011 21:17 #118476

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
There are thousands of women's-next-door-neighbors in Meron. That one does not exist outside of my imagination. Thousands of women do not exist outside of my imagination.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 11 Sep 2011 21:22 #118478

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Blind Beggar wrote on 11 Sep 2011 21:17:

Thousands of women do not exist outside of my imagination.

Do you realize what you just said?

It means that thousands of women exist only in your imagination.

Brother, I think that you'd better start working some kind of program before you plotz! 
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 11 Sep 2011 21:23 #118479

• bardichev
everyones next door neighbor is soooooooooooo pretty

and they never ever get upset

or complain

soooooooooo  why does mr next door neighbor chap a peek in my wifes direction from time to tiime?/

ohh case she is his next doooor neighbor

ahahajhahahahaha

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 16 Jan 2012 10:33 #130871

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
YERUSHALAYIM IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE MAJOR HAFGANOS GOING ON
WHERE IS THIS THREAD????????????

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 27 Jan 2012 11:48 #131889

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Things got heated again this week in Beit Shemesh, so while being maavir sedrah, this thought crossed my mind [it's a bit Rabbi S.R. Hirsch style, so I checked in his Chumash, and while he does say something similar, he doesn't say this [i]mamash[/i]. So being that it was his yahrtzeit this week, I'm dedicating this piece lezichro]:
Just before sheini, the pesukim discuss the way Moshe comes before Pharoh and requests permission for Naareinu, Zkeineinu, Baneinu and Bnoseinu to leave. Pharoh refuses saying, "Hah! You don't need them. You only need the men, Ki oisah avodah atem mevakshim. You don't need your daughters; you just wanna have one o' them Black-Hats-Only assemblies!"
But this secular, non-Jewish viewpoint is totally wrong! They think Judaism is all about sticking stubbornly to a few dry rituals- kinda like church, sit, here, stiffly, now stand, stiffly, now sit, silently, turn the page now, dumbly, murmur weird Latin words, idiotically. But No! No way! That's not Judaism. [as a footnote: Everyone agrees that [b]the single most important concept in Judaism[/b] is bechira, but in fact, for us FFB's, especially the black-hatted bench-kvetchers among us- do we really have bechira in regard to putting on tefillin and davening in the morning?? I don't think so. I don't think I would survive a day as a Karkafta d'lo munach tefillin [see [u]here[/u]], but where is our choice, whether we'll do it out of habit or "with my heart my soul and my mind". Nachzor l'inyaneinu] Judaism is all-encompassing, it's not, "we don't need them now, dress them as arabs and chain them to the wall of the cellar. Gevald!!!!!!!!!!!! No! Chag Hashem lanu, this is about g-d. He created men and women equally, yes they have no place in the actual ritual [for reasons understandable to us gye'ers] but, they are our wives, our daughters, a part of us. And so, a part of our religion. Everything is a part of our religion, a spark of g-dliness, Divine. Every jew.
Good Shabbos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TehillimZugger wrote on 27 Jan 2012 11:48:

"my heart my soul and my mind"

since the practice lately has been lomar davar bsheim omro
-Matisyahu (with a beard) 
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2012 11:55 by .
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes