Welcome, Guest

HAFGANAH!!!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: HAFGANAH!!! 7724 Views

HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 21:07 #109809

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
>  >  >

There was no Daily Dose of Dov in yesterday's chizzuk e-mail!

How are we supposed to get through the day without our daily dose?

Is it no longer daily?

In any event, keminhag Yerushalayim I will be staging a HAFGANAH here on this thread. All are invited. No Yasamnikim please.

Bring your own tzfardea (dumpster)...

GEEEEVALD!!! GEEEEVALD!!!
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Last Edit: by .

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 21:23 #109811

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
For those who don't know, the dumpster is to burn. They are always green and therefore called tzfardaya, which means frog. If it is plastic, it gets completely destroyed; if it is metal, all the paint peels off. It's great for causing a monetary loss to the Amoleik-Zionist regime. If the dumpster contains both milchig and fleishig garbage you could be cooking them together which is an issur min hatorah, chas vesholom, but it is a dovor sheino mischaven and not a psik reisho.
Yasamnikim are Amoleki bnei niddah policemen who beat up anyone frum even if he has no connection to any part of the demonstration at all. By the way, EBD doesn't live in Yerushalayim and neither do I (I live in Meron as you can see).
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 21:43 #109818

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
Blind Beggar wrote on 28 Jun 2011 21:23:

Yasamnikim are Amoleki bnei niddah policemen who beat up anyone frum even if he has no connection to any part of the demonstration at all.

That was once upon a time, nowadays the majority aren't even Jewish! Many are Ukranian Goyim for whom this kind of beating is hereditary. Lot's of others (especially the Maga"vnikim) are Druze or Ethiopians whose status is questionable.

By the way, EBD doesn't live in Yerushalayim and neither do I

Still, the homeboys in my 'hood know how to make a mad hafganah when there's something that riles them up... which is more than I can say for your chevrah!

DISCLAIMER: I never ever burn municipal property, and neither do any of my friends. Some of my neighbors, on the other hand...

(I live in Meron as you can see).

Great! In that case I'm coming for Shabbos! I promised the durdayalech that we'd have a "Shabbos Meron" this summer -but I didn't even realize that I already have a place to stay -and free meals to boot!

Zemmy -that picture with the burning tires is actually from our cousins' style of Hafganah

The cartoon shows two frum guys and a 'tzfardea' -but it's one of those anti-religious Der Sturmer type caricatures...
My real name really is
 Eli

Last Edit: 28 Jun 2011 22:07 by .

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 22:05 #109821

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thanks EBD, i took them down

now, about the Meron shabbos, where do i sign up?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 22:11 #109824

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 28 Jun 2011 22:05:

thanks EBD, i took them down

:-[  Did I say that you should to take them down? Actually, the second one was a pretty good one to take down...

[quote="ZemirosShabbos" link=topic=4049.msg109821#msg109821 date=1309298713]
now, about the Meron shabbos, where do i sign up?
[/quote]

Well, BB says that he lives there...

I'm sure that he'll find room for you and yours...
My real name really is
 Eli

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 22:28 #109830

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
I live in Meron,  :D , but you can't come because I am protecting my anonymity. There's always plenty of food for guests and you can stay in Yishuv Bar Yochai which is only a few minutes walk from Meron.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 28 Jun 2011 22:42 #109837

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder

My real name really is
 Eli

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 29 Jun 2011 22:30 #109953

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm glad to inform all of you (as if you all don't already know) that our efforts have borne fruit! 

Not only did yesterday's e-mail have a dose of dov, Guard wrote "POWERFUL" next to it. This was obviously in order to make up for the previous day's omission.

Similarly, today's chizuk e-mail features a dose of dov.

We will stand vigilant al mishmar hakoidesh!

VE'LAHASHEM HA'YESHUAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Now let's see what we can do about BB cancelling the Shabbos Hisachdus at his house in Meron...  ;D
My real name really is
 Eli

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 12:25 #109990

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
I would love to have you all come to Meron but I am afraid you might see my next-door neighbor's wife. She is so young and beautiful even though she is full of yiras shomayim and tznius. She is always happy and alert and never sad or upset or angry. Her house and 12 children are always tidy and immaculate even though she is the principal of a large girls' school and she runs 2 chessed organizations and a kiruv center. Her husband is so lucky. She is so much better than your wife in every single way that you are better off not seeing her.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 13:17 #109992

• TheJester
Blind Beggar wrote on 30 Jun 2011 12:25:

I would love to have you all come to Meron but I am afraid you might see my next-door neighbor's wife. She is so young and beautiful even though she is full of yiras shomayim and tznius. She is always happy and alert and never sad or upset or angry. Her house and 12 children are always tidy and immaculate even though she is the principal of a large girls' school and she runs 2 chessed organizations and a kiruv center. Her husband is so lucky. She is so much better than your wife in every single way that you are better off not seeing her.

I guess I'm safe then, because my wife is waaaaaay better.

She taught me that I am not perfect, but I am perfect for her (her words).  And she is perfect for me (I know I mustn't say she is perfect, so I'll stop there).  And I just cannot get better than "perfect for me".

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 14:32 #109998

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Yossi wrote on 30 Jun 2011 13:17:

She taught me that I am not perfect, but I am perfect for her (her words).  And she is perfect for me (I know I mustn't say she is perfect, so I'll stop there).  And I just cannot get better than "perfect for me".

wow, that is really great! happy for you
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 17:13 #110018

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
I am very happy for you, Yossi, but you have to remember this a joke thread. My wife is also perfect for me, maybe we should start a wife-appreciation thread somewhere else.
Zemiros, you should know better.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 17:28 #110019

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i think we need a Joke-Guard, make sure no one posts serious stuff in the joke section. i am nominating you, rebbe BB
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 17:37 #110022

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
Blind Beggar wrote on 30 Jun 2011 12:25:

Hey -one second here, BB GEVALD!!! WE ARE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS!!! I knew it all along!

:D

Seriously though:

That's no problem for me. I join the chorus of people extolling their own wife's virtues.

The problem would be if my wife would have to spend Shabbos within a 12 mile radius of such a woman. I've got enough work on my hands with the inferiority complex and low self esteem that she already has...
My real name really is
 Eli

Re: HAFGANAH!!! 30 Jun 2011 18:37 #110035

• TheJester
I apologize for dry humor...  :
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes