Welcome, Guest

[POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life?
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 47541 Views

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 13 Feb 2011 23:32 #96778

• jooboy
  • Gold Boarder
Dov,

Once again I love the rant.  Who knows?  It may even give someone the push to finally come out of hiding and get the help they need.

Last Edit: by .

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 14 Feb 2011 00:39 #96788

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Didn't the NPR reporter say what his name is??  unless it was a fictitious name...

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 14 Feb 2011 03:26 #96814

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
I assume that was not his real name.
NPR needed a name so they made one up that is typical enough to be non-descriptive.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 27 Mar 2011 10:41 #102132

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Many man in SA say that they run to prostitutes, but only one man admits that he enjoys dressing-up in women's clothing. He claims a lot of men in SA will admit to anything but not cross-dressing, until he approaches them and admits it to them. So, don't expect people to admit all on the Forum, because there are always one or two people who know who you are.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 22 Aug 2011 20:15 #115777

• Back on Track
i would absolutely plotz adn want to sink into the ground.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 22 Aug 2011 21:18 #115795

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
i would be very happy, if the guy has brains.
anybody else, mortified.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 23 Aug 2011 16:42 #115945

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Someone recognized my voice on one of the GYE Calls ..... he is now my CLOSEST friend!!!!!! 

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 23 Aug 2011 16:54 #115949

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
he has the same basic iq as you, right?
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 23 Aug 2011 19:01 #115978

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
when i started going to my therapist, i was so ashamed, that i waited outside in the car, & called him & only when it was all clear thats when i sneaked into his room, after a few sessions it didnt bother me at all, if i got noticed, & after many sessions i helped others proudly, to go to a therapist for help.
i think the same applies here, after you are clean for a long streak it dosent bother you anymore.
since kletzky story, i noticed that levy aron looked so innocent, harmless, ehrlich, & yet a muderer, so you NEVER know who's who, & these people who might find out your ID, can be themselves who knows what.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 24 Aug 2011 19:26 #116223

• Chasdei Avos
as long as whoever recognizes me is also struggling, I think it would be great.  We need desperately to relate to people, exactly why we come here.  We are all working on this and trying and growing. Thats a lot to be proud of.  Forgive me for saying so, but many many many people are in the same boat as us, yet never admit it to anyone.  Chances are likely that even if someone finds out about me, they also struggle.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 25 Aug 2011 15:43 #116371

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
If I can raise another related issue.  When and how is it safe to contact someone from the forum?  I see from some people's posts that they have done it and have had a positive experience.  But I also see this message in the guidelines section... 

Rules/Guidelines for Using the GYE Forum

Unfortunately, befriending strangers on this forum can be just as dangerous as in real life - if not more so, since you have no way of verifying their identity and this forum caters to sex/lust/love addicts. As a rule of thumb, never agree to meet in person with someone you met on this forum. If you decide to get to know someone from the forum a little better, demand identification and voice verification before revealing any personal information. Men should NEVER meet women and women should NEVER meet men. This is not just a matter of tznius, it’s a matter of safety. Use common sense and trust your gut. If you suspect something is fishy, report it to a moderator AND stop communicating with the suspect.

Has anyone had a negative experience?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 26 Aug 2011 14:59 #116537

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? IS this QUESTION TOO DIFFICULT FOR OUR GYE EXPERTS???

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 26 Aug 2011 15:35 #116543

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
seems to me that this is just like the 'real' world, where we need to exercise caution, judgement and prudence.

so you need to be comfortable enough with the guy on the forum and confident in the safety of what you are doing.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 26 Aug 2011 15:56 #116546

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
If you decide to get to know someone from the forum a little better, demand identification and voice verification before revealing any personal information.

Does anyone know what this means practically?  What kind of "identification"?  Does "voice verification" simply mean that you are speaking on the phone rather than online?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 29 Aug 2011 02:04 #116683

• Back on Track
Gibor I hav met with guys from the forum. If you are going to meet, try to make it a group of a few people and MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE. Preferably during the day. Like in a cafe for coffe or lunch.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes