Welcome, Guest

PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 22057 Views

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 22:07 #313369

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Mesayin,
Do you mean something like the BB threads which supposedly aren't accessible for unmarried people?
Perhaps a category like Addicts, which you will need special permissions to access. So that if someone wants to rant about the 12 steps, they can comfortably do it there?
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 22:19 #313371

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
lionking wrote on 16 May 2017 22:07:
Mesayin,
Do you mean something like the BB threads which supposedly aren't accessible for unmarried people?
Perhaps a category like Addicts, which you will need special permissions to access. So that if someone wants to rant about the 12 steps, they can comfortably do it there?

Something like that.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 17 May 2017 03:57 #313399

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 16 May 2017 13:12:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 16 May 2017 12:51:
GYE says there is an issue at hand. Maybe if we can come up with another eitzah, it won't be necessary to split the site. They are getting many complaints from people who come to the site and wish to get better. Either they don't need 12 steps or they are not yet ready for 12 steps. As they explore the site, specifically the partner program and the forum they find themselves being very intimidated (by well intentioned people who do not realize how they are coming across). And many of them leave. Maybe the more cynical among us will say, "Well that means they have not yet hit rock bottom and therefore are not yet ready to work". That my friends, is simply not true. GYE feels a responsibility to help all of us in our own personal struggles. There is no one size fits all mehalech. Some need a soft patient approach, others appreciate a more challenging thought provoking one. Some need SA and 12 steps, others simply do not. Let's try to figure out a way this issue can be resolved so they do not need to split the site. Otherwise, although you and i may gain from everyone's collective wisdom, the needs of so many others who are not receiving the help they need, may force GYE to make the split.  Suggestions?

Here's my suggestion

There are 25 regular posters
There are 250 irregular posters

Can you or the admin please identify the perpetrators that push others to 12 steps?

Is there a spinning "12 Step" banner on every page of GYE?
In that case there will need to be 3 websites

1) Pro 12 Step
2) Anti 12 Step
3) Tap Dancers

Or maybe you meant something else?

You know what? Time to bump a nice old thread...

I found the perp. Listen to this recording about 33 minutes in. It's on the introduction to one of the tools which get pushed on a lot of newcomers. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 17 May 2017 04:33 #313400

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:06:

Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 22:02:

GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:00:

Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 21:56:
I may have another idea.

Perhaps insert a setting in where the creator of the thread only allows certain users to see it and if it is a new user then there should be a choice for example that only platinum boarders can see it.

The benefits would be as follows:

1. No trollers or stupid heads are putting in there crooked opinions.
2. The creator can be more honest with his posts and doesn't have to worry about some shmow reading it.

Thats regarding the forum which is not being split up and is remaining the same.

Exactly, instead of splitting it, make modifications to it.

But the discussion is about the GYE site, not the GYE forum.

To me, it seemed like many posts here were about the forum.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 17 May 2017 11:37 #313406

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
lionking wrote on 17 May 2017 03:57:

Markz wrote on 16 May 2017 13:12:

GYE says there is an issue at hand. Maybe if we can come up with another eitzah, it won't be necessary to split the site. They are getting many complaints from people who come to the site and wish to get better. Either they don't need 12 steps or they are not yet ready for 12 steps. As they explore the site, specifically the partner program and the forum they find themselves being very intimidated (by well intentioned people who do not realize how they are coming across). And many of them leave. Maybe the more cynical among us will say, "Well that means they have not yet hit rock bottom and therefore are not yet ready to work". That my friends, is simply not true. GYE feels a responsibility to help all of us in our own personal struggles. There is no one size fits all mehalech. Some need a soft patient approach, others appreciate a more challenging thought provoking one. Some need SA and 12 steps, others simply do not. Let's try to figure out a way this issue can be resolved so they do not need to split the site. Otherwise, although you and i may gain from everyone's collective wisdom, the needs of so many others who are not receiving the help they need, may force GYE to make the split.  Suggestions?

Here's my suggestion

There are 25 regular posters
There are 250 irregular posters

Can you or the admin please identify the perpetrators that push others to 12 steps?

Is there a spinning "12 Step" banner on every page of GYE?
In that case there will need to be 3 websites

1) Pro 12 Step
2) Anti 12 Step
3) Tap Dancers

Or maybe you meant something else?

You know what? Time to bump a nice old thread...

I found the perp. Listen to this recording about 33 minutes in. It's on the introduction to one of the tools which get pushed on a lot of newcomers. 

You can't go around calling Guard the perp  
I do admire how he slipped seamlessly into promoting the 12 steps if chopsticks don't work!

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 17 May 2017 11:38 #313407

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
bb0212 wrote on 17 May 2017 04:33:

GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:06:

Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 22:02:

GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:00:

Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 21:56:
I may have another idea.

Perhaps insert a setting in where the creator of the thread only allows certain users to see it and if it is a new user then there should be a choice for example that only platinum boarders can see it.

The benefits would be as follows:

1. No trollers or stupid heads are putting in there crooked opinions.
2. The creator can be more honest with his posts and doesn't have to worry about some shmow reading it.

Thats regarding the forum which is not being split up and is remaining the same.

Exactly, instead of splitting it, make modifications to it.

But the discussion is about the GYE site, not the GYE forum.

To me, it seemed like many posts here were about the forum.

There are only so many times I can say that the split has nothing to do with the forum.
I can't force people to believe me.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 17 May 2017 11:41 #313408

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
cordnoy wrote on 16 May 2017 14:38:

This also contradicts the assertion that the forum will not be split. Accordin' to your explanation, the forum is one of the two primary problems.

II actually think that the private messagin' option might be the most detrimental part of the site, for then, people with skewered opinions are not fact checked.

Bottom line, this site is better than the sites we used to belong to.

I personally agree wholeheartedly with the skewered stuff going on there behind closed private messaging.
Maybe the moderators can monitor those chats more closely and ban the people who give bad advice and detrimental support from the chat function.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 18 May 2017 14:32 #313519

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I emailed Guard about this topic. He CC'd it to Dov. I emailed Dov back and forth about the pro's and con's of splitting the tools of the website. He also explained to me a lot of the thought process involved. Eventually I came to a point where I agreed with him about the split. Too long for me to explain, but bottom line is that people need to know what works and what doesn't. The label "addict" may be misleading, but it's the best distinction that can be made. The current system, with all it's levels, is very confusing and it enables people to avoid serious recovery. The new system should be much clearer and user-friendly.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 18 May 2017 14:59 #313524

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote on 18 May 2017 14:32:
I emailed Guard about this topic. He CC'd it to Dov. I emailed Dov back and forth about the pro's and con's of splitting the tools of the website. He also explained to me a lot of the thought process involved. Eventually I came to a point where I agreed with him about the split. Too long for me to explain, but bottom line is that people need to know what works and what doesn't. The label "addict" may be misleading, but it's the best distinction that can be made. The current system, with all it's levels, is very confusing and it enables people to avoid serious recovery. The new system should be much clearer and user-friendly.

For the record, I disagree.

DovDov (both of them) knows much more about addiction and recovery than I will ever know.

I know much more about the forum.

I reserve judgment on whatever they decide to do until they actually do it.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 18 May 2017 15:51 #313535

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
If one of the problems is the pushiness of some people on the forum, I don't see why that can't happen on either side of the aisle.

And there are plenty of people who aren't necessarily pushy in general but certain posts bring that out in them. 

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 18 May 2017 19:17 #313576

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
The forum isn't changing regardless, so that's not really relevant.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 19 May 2017 11:25 #313661

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 18 May 2017 19:17:

So for Cords, that's perfect, correct?

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 19 May 2017 12:15 #313663

• cordnoy
bb0212 wrote on 19 May 2017 11:25:

Shlomo24 wrote on 18 May 2017 19:17:

So for Cords, that's perfect, correct?

For Cords, everythin' is perfect.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 20 Jun 2017 17:27 #315714

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder

I propose 48,261,384 (please check my math mr. Golden) sites:

Married men
Single guys
Married women
Single women
Transgender
Each one should be separated by their particular fetish or addiction.
Each one should be separated by frequency of using their drug of choice.
Further separation by their particular goals: i.e., teshuva, recovery, sobriety, just for today.
Do you use drugs?
There must be a split between those who would enter a church to attend a meeting and those who wouldn't.
An additional divide between the fellows who live in the hicks and those who live in the stix.
Are you an occasional drinker?
I would suggest that anyone who has a significant other who is more that 22 pounds, or one kilo, overweight, should not be mingling with the skinny folk.
I didn't even mention the important age divide of 29.
Are you into Europeans, Moroccans, Brazilians, Hindus, Jews (God forbid), blacks, models, mannequins, animals, shpitzels, body builders, sumo wrestlers, Kansas city royals ball girls?
If these resolutions are adapted, kohanim will be allowed on all sections of the forum.

Oops.....they already are.

Roll call please.....
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 21 Jun 2017 04:38 #315782

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 20 Jun 2017 17:27:

I propose 48,261,384 (please check my math mr. Golden) sites:

Married men
Single guys
Married women
Single women
Transgender
Each one should be separated by their particular fetish or addiction.
Each one should be separated by frequency of using their drug of choice.
Further separation by their particular goals: i.e., teshuva, recovery, sobriety, just for today.
Do you use drugs?
There must be a split between those who would enter a church to attend a meeting and those who wouldn't.
An additional divide between the fellows who live in the hicks and those who live in the stix.
Are you an occasional drinker?
I would suggest that anyone who has a significant other who is more that 22 pounds, or one kilo, overweight, should not be mingling with the skinny folk.
I didn't even mention the important age divide of 29.
Are you into Europeans, Moroccans, Brazilians, Hindus, Jews (God forbid), blacks, models, mannequins, animals, shpitzels, body builders, sumo wrestlers, Kansas city royals ball girls?
If these resolutions are adapted, kohanim will be allowed on all sections of the forum.

Oops.....they already are.

Roll call please.....

Umm... To me it seems like you're making a mockery of a very serious topic. If you think this is a joke, perhaps you should open a separate thread explaining why you feel that way. But let this thread remain for anybody who's serious about this. Stop making light of this morbidly serious topic, please!
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes