Welcome, Guest

Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 81950 Views

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 16 Oct 2013 21:57 #221290

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
first of all, we might have a phone in the middle conferencing in our beloved eagles and crossed-out cameras that cant join us for future meetings.
Second, a little birdie tells me that Dov wants to join too, but hes afraid of Zemmy's heat-seeking missiles. Oh well, i guess we have to wait for the colder months to come around when we're all freezing so the heat-seeking missiles wont find us.

WOW!!! we're getting popular!!!! i feel like im in the "in-crowd"
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 17 Oct 2013 03:39 #221334

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
haha, well now that i left when all the action is taking place i feel like the out crowd.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Oct 2013 11:16 #221565

last night we had a meeting at duvid chaim's house. there was iced tea and sunflower seeds, both from texas, parve cheetos, wafers and cookies. pidaini attended via phone (and spend most of his time trying to get at the seeds through the phone)
some stuff we spoke about:
asking G-d to direct our thinking (Alcoholics Anonymous page 86)
switching expectations to preferences
addict vs. non addict
giving vs. taking
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Oct 2013 13:33 #221567

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
It was actually more like Chee-Toes, no?
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Oct 2013 16:15 #221572

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
What about the painting on the wall of me?
Didn't you take a picture Lizzie?
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Oct 2013 20:03 #221588

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
If I may add,

"if there is TENSE, past-TENSE (resentments) and/or future-TENSE (fears) then there is no "present" (ever heard of present-tense? me neither), but if there is just the past and just the future then we are truly in the present"

From Duvid Chaim
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013 00:14 by Pidaini.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Oct 2013 20:33 #221590

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
tehillimzugger wrote:
What about the painting on the wall of me?
Didn't you take a picture Lizzie?

Here you go Tilly...
img-20131021-00008.jpg
(1+2)x4=3
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2013 20:35 by lizhensk.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 12:12 #222895

• cordnoy
no updates?
Stenographer wasn't there?
Mushroom Table?
Dips?
Mussar?
Step 5?
how to block the internet on a bb10 without blocking gye and email account?
nu? ni?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 15:56 #222901

sorry sorry. sheesh!

ok here goes.

there was candy. no one saved me any.

lizhensk found us a meeting place! (no mushroom tables tho) we started off with some suggestions lizhensk got from dov on how to make things more serious/effective/organized. kinda ironically i dont remember ever having as much clowning around ever. i needed it tho so that makes everything okay. we discussed that the ikkar is honesty. if we are honest with each other than we can be honest with ourselves allowing us to be honest with Hashem. being Honest with Hashem allows us to develop a REAL relationship with Him which is what keeps us sober and is also very awesome and cool and the purpose of our existence. then each of shared what was going on with us. i had to leave early (coming late, leaving early?! i should be ashamed of myself!)

thats what i got on the meeting
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 16:15 #222902

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
So, here comes the part that Grandpa missed when he came late and left early:
After walking thru an abandoned construction site, with gates falling down around it, we found ourselves in a park, and soon thereafter somehow found ourselves in a shul. Avrom immediately took a liking to the stained glass windows, but held himself back from making too much fun of the shul. We had a small crowd last night due to Pidaini being busy with the non-english accent, BenD was busy protesting kevarim digging, and HashemsSoldier was busy being HAPPY
Skep however found time after learning to chap some hisorerus.

We also set kind of a schedule for every meeting. We're first gonna have intros, when everyone introduces themselves, no sharing yet. Then We're gonna have 10-20 minutes (the exact amount of time must be voted on) of reading thru the 12 steps and discussing how to apply it to real-life. And then we share our experiences. Dov gave us some great advice. The main thing is like Grandpa said, honesty. Second was, we SHARE, we dont advise and we dont teach. We do not refer to people as "you should do this" we say "When i had a similar situation, this is how i reacted". We applied it, and it worked out great im speaking for myself here.
We ended off with a vort from some Rebbe (this is what i got out of the story, k?) how sadly in today's days, nobody really believes in Hashgacha Pratis unless their life was really messed over (He used some other language which is why i cant say which rebbe )
(1+2)x4=3

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 20:25 #222911

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
honestly, gr8 stuf!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 22:43 #222918

• JordanBloom
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hi All,
I am a new member from the holy land as well - I am trying to grow and get more control of my life and wanted to find out about what is going on here in eretz yisrael - are they calls? people available to sponsor?

Thanks!!!

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 06 Nov 2013 23:23 #222927

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
Lizhensk wrote:
We also set kind of a schedule for every meeting. We're first gonna have intros, when everyone introduces themselves, no sharing yet. Then We're gonna have 10-20 minutes (the exact amount of time must be voted on) of reading thru the 12 steps and discussing how to apply it to real-life. And then we share our experiences.

TZ says he doesnt agree with all of the above, tho he does agree to some. It will be up for discussion by our next meeting. So im hereby not taking responsibility for this part of my post
(1+2)x4=3
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2013 23:28 by lizhensk.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 07 Nov 2013 01:49 #222941

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
JordanBloom wrote:
Hi All,
I am a new member from the holy land as well - I am trying to grow and get more control of my life and wanted to find out about what is going on here in eretz yisrael - are they calls? people available to sponsor?

Thanks!!!

First things first, no it is not a call (athough there is that option as well) it is a real live meeting of GYE members in yerushalayim (and the outskirts).

We are trying to solidly grow together, with help from the 12 step program. We have not been using sponser/sponsee technic quite yet.

You are welcome to contact any of us for more details. Usernames (that still have some internet access) are as follows Pidaini, Lizhensk, Hashem's soldier, nitzotzeloki, tehillimzugger, BNGE.

Hatzlachah!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 08 Nov 2013 17:45 #223024

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Thursday night I walk in to one of the three satmar Batei Midrash in Yerushalayim and lo andd behold! there were Avrom and Inna plugging away at VaYoel Moshe, seriously! I thought I was hallucinating, so I did what any good Satmar chossid would do, I pulled up a chair and joined! Inna donated candy Avrom donated cigarettes and I donated my proficiency in Roshei Teivos. It was fun.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes