Welcome, Guest

Posts that I found powerful
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Posts that I found powerful 1058 Views

Re: Posts that I found powerful 19 Aug 2021 15:36 #371745

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for this!!

I really needed this today. nearly crying. Thank you. thank you. 

I've said it before, Cordnoy is the man. His views are just so right. Mix that with Dov and you bring me back to the site....

Thank you
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: Posts that I found powerful 12 Aug 2022 05:51 #384625

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
AlexEliezer wrote on 10 Aug 2022 17:31:
What's missing from your post is motivation.
You would like to stop, but there is nothing pressing.
Sometimes an addict needs to hit bottom before he is truly ready to grow.
I suppose if your wife came back from the doctor with a diagnosis of a sexually transmitted disease, things would shift in a big way.
But so far, so good.

I agree with frank.lee.  We think we're all so smart and can fool everyone; make it seem like everything is OK.  We're all great husbands, fathers and lovers.
Until we find out our wives are crying and dying inside from lack of connection with the man they committed their lives to.

For me, my motivation was that the dual life became intolerable.
And the struggle was miserable.  You know the cycle -- sneaking hits of lust here and there, fighting the urge to go further, ultimately giving in, feeling duped and guilty, or just numb.  Repeat.

It's much easier to fight this battle from outside the ring.  I just need to stay out of the ring.
Once I'm dabbling in lust, I'm in the ring, it's exhausting and I'm going to get clobbered.

I was tired of being out of control.  Of having a base desire control my life and my actions.
I wanted to be whole, to be real.
Fantasies are sweet.  Like candy.  But real food is so much better.

You did write:
"On the other hand my entire internal world is in decay. I feel disconnected, shameful, frustrated and depressed. I put on a happy face for my kids but inside I am dying slowly."

Real life isn't candy, but it can be very sweet.

None of us can give you motivation.  I'm just sharing my own.
Maybe others can share also.
Maybe something will click for you.
Before something snaps.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes