Welcome, Guest

Honest Responses Welcome Here
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Honest Responses Welcome Here 340 Views

Honest Responses Welcome Here 04 May 2021 18:06 #367960

• reachstars
  • Current streak: 79 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Test Yourself - 20 Questions

Please comment below which of these, or how many of these pertain to you. Honest responses are most welcome here.

1. Have you ever thought you needed help for your sexual thinking and behavior?
  2. That you would be better off if you didn't keep "giving in"?
  3. That sex or stimuli are controlling you?
  4. Have you ever tried to stop or limit doing what you felt was wrong in your sexual behavior?
  5. Do you resort to sex to escape, relieve anxiety, or because you can't cope?
  6. Do you feel guilt, remorse, or depression afterward?
  7. Has your pursuit of sex become more compulsive?
  8. Does it interfere with relations with your spouse?
  9. Do you have to resort to images or memories during sex?
  10. Does an irresistible impulse arise when the other party makes the overtures or sex is offered?
  11. Do you keep going from one relationship or lover to another?
  12. Do you feel that the right relationship would help you stop lusting, masturbating, or being so promiscuous?
  13. Do you have a destructive need — a desperate sexual or emotional need for someone?
  14. Does pursuit of sex make you careless for yourself or the welfare of your family or others?
  15. Has your effectiveness or concentration decreased as sex has become more compulsive?
  16. Do you lose time from work for it?
  17. Do you turn to a lower environment when pursuing sex?
  18. Do you want to get away from the sex partner as soon as possible after the act?
  19. Although your spouse is sexually compatible. do you still masturbate or have sex with others?
  20. Have you ever been arrested for a sex-related offense?

Re: Honest Responses Welcome Here 04 May 2021 22:13 #367983

yes to 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7
no for the rest

keep in mind I'm not married

I would also classify myself as someone with a "bad habit" as opposed to an "addict"
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com
Last Edit: 04 May 2021 22:13 by EvedHashem1836.

Re: Honest Responses Welcome Here 05 May 2021 04:17 #367999

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I did this once before. A two years ago, the answer was yes to almost every one except for the last one and maybe one or two others. Today, with Hashem's help as well as His various shluchim I can honestly say that the answer s no to more than half of them. 
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes