Welcome, Guest

Committal days
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Committal days 395 Views

Committal days 11 Jun 2020 01:10 #351030

Here's my idea tell me what you think:
To work on self control begin with one committal day followed by a noncommittal day. Then two committal, one non committal. And keep on building up. This way you push it off to noncommittal days and learn self control.
What I'm unclear on is the status of the noncommittal days. Am I allowing myself to go down without a fight? Is that okay?
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2020 01:15 by bentorah613.

Re: Committal days 11 Jun 2020 02:45 #351037

• yosef10
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Love the name... welcome to the community.

​Just one question, whats a committal (day)

Layla tov
"Sometimes the only Bechira we have is to ask for help"

Maybe you can gain something by following my journey... Or not, whatever works
MY Forum

Re: Committal days 11 Jun 2020 05:43 #351045

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey @bentorah613, 

Welcome to the forum! Iy"h you will soon join the ranks of the many successful and growing people here.

I am just curious, why someone in recovery would want to have a noncommittal day pop in so often and ruin everything...

I assume that your logic is this "I cant commit to too much so one day on then I have one day to do whatever the heck I want..."
"Then I will white knuckle it for two days until I get that prize for abstaining..."
So your goal is basically to reach a point where you can do all those things that you are trying to stop doing?

The most common mehalech here at GYE is "take it one day at a time".
What that means is that you don't think about what is going to be tomorrow or what happened yesterday. You ask HaShem to pleas give you today, and you do everything that you need to do today to be free.

Don't worry about tomorrow, isn't to "push it off to tomorrow", rather not to be overwhelmed by the future.

Its a long process, training ourselves not to NEED the pleasure, but that is the ultimate goal. Its not that I will stick it out because I will be able to do it later rather at least for a day a hour or even a minute we try to tell ourselves (and maybe even feel it a little too) that right now the pleasure is not something that I need.

Sorry about the ramble, I hope I did some good, and if not then just ignore me...

Hatzlachah! May you find lots of success on your journey!

Wilnevergiveup
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2020 05:57 by wilnevergiveup.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes