Welcome, Guest

Mickey Mouse Approach
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mickey Mouse Approach 2623 Views

Mickey Mouse Approach 11 May 2018 15:22 #330962

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,

"What works for me" is the category, so I figured I'd let you know a method that I have been tinkering with, and I am glad to report that when used (that doesn't mean that I always use it), it is 6 and 0! 

Here goes: (the last instance): I was jogging in the park minding my own business (supposedly), when on my left, a 23 year old blonde girl in a ponytail wearing a tank top & shorts passed me by (I figured she was 23, for i was able to count her veins, similar to the age of a tree). Now, from the moment I saw her, I knew she was mine for the taking. I instinctively sped up (as I felt my rib cage in agony) to get a better look, and to accurately assess if she indeed was 23, or perhaps I counted wrong. It was then that I knew that I was lusting after her and it needed to stop - immediately! [First I tried several other methods; more about that later.] So, for the sixth time, I used my method: I began to sing: M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E; Mickey Mouse (come on, you know it, sing along with me), and after several glances from other passerbys, it was over; I no longer was lusting after that 33 year old brunette; I was done with her. Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog! Pulled out my index card, labeled - you guessed it: Mickey Mouse Approach; pulled out my hole puncher and notched for the sixth time  a hole in the "victory" column. The losses column is still resting comfortably at 0. It works if you work it; you're worth it, so work it! "It's a brand new day; what'cha waiting for?

Now, some of you naysayers might say that I was just using the "distraction" method, but indeed I wasn't, and I can prove it. I tried that first. I distracted myself by counting sheep, but every sheep I envisioned was wearing the same tank top and shorts. No good.

I also tried the davaning approach; so I prayed for her, but I was praying that she and I would be holding hands by the Kosel (thru the mechitzah of course), both of us fervently praying that this relationship should last.

It was then that i pulled out the last stop gap; step one! I admitted that i was powerless and my life was unmanageable, and that was true, but if she would just come home with me, my life would be completely manageable.

What was I to do? I took out my pocket chovas halevavos and mesilas yesharim, but all I could think of was that the "straight path" would be by following my "heart" and hers was probably in the same place.

Nothing doing.

When all else fails, Mickey Mouse comes to the rescue - six times in a row - Goofy would be proud.

Not that i'm so audacious to tell any of you that this tried and proven method would work for you, but it might.

So long for now (that's me!).
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com
Last Edit: 11 May 2018 15:31 by trouble.

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 11 May 2018 15:56 #330963

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Try counting these sheep...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 13 May 2018 17:54 #331016

• elul
  • Fresh Boarder
I love trouble!

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 15 May 2018 22:24 #331100

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Not always is it a winning song.

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 16 Oct 2018 19:56 #336303

• motcha1234
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Why naysayers? Whats wrong with distraction?

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 16 Oct 2018 23:25 #336308

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
motcha1234 wrote on 16 Oct 2018 19:56:
Why naysayers? Whats wrong with distraction?

For it is a method that will inherently fail, over and over again. Your object of desire will eventually win over your distraction.

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 17 Oct 2018 21:56 #336343

• bigederanusim
  • Fresh Boarder
how does the song go?  i never heard it before

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 17 Oct 2018 23:06 #336346

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
It probably doesn't specifically need to be Mickey mouse  I'm sure Bob the builder or barney would also work
(Dont take my word for it though trouble has the final say)

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 02 Nov 2018 19:02 #336940

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Mickey Mouse - Poof!

Wonder if me and that other guy can go into partnership together.

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 02 Nov 2018 19:42 #336941

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 11 May 2018 15:22:
Hi,
Here goes: (the last instance): I was jogging in the park minding my own business (supposedly), when on my left, a 23 year old blonde girl in a ponytail wearing a tank top & shorts passed me by (I figured she was 23, for i was able to count her veins, similar to the age of a tree). Now, from the moment I saw her, I knew she was mine for the taking. I instinctively sped up (as I felt my rib cage in agony) to get a better look, and to accurately assess if she indeed was 23, or perhaps I counted wrong. It was then that I knew that I was lusting after her and it needed to stop - immediately! [First I tried several other methods; more about that later.] So, for the sixth time, I used my method: I began to sing: M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E; Mickey Mouse (come on, you know it, sing along with me), and after several glances from other passerbys, it was over; I no longer was lusting after that 33 year old brunette; I was done with her. Hot dog, hot dog, hot....

So long for now (that's me!).

Sorry that I missed this when it first came out. Truly a good idea (it's even in the gemara with a slight difference (Disney Buvel wasn't open yet)) 
I'm particularly amazed that it took 10 years for you to sing the song! Imagine, she was 23 when you first saw her. You were sure of it, yet after you sang you passed her and she was 33! Truly amazing. Unless,    after the lust passed you realized that she wasn't as old as you thought she was...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 02 Nov 2018 19:47 #336942

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Brunettes appear older.

Re: Mickey Mouse Approach 02 Nov 2018 19:55 #336943

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
You counted the veins.  That excuse is in vain. It was a vain attempt...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes