Welcome, Guest

Short and powerful tefila
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Short and powerful tefila 5595 Views

Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:10 #265829

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Hi. everyone its Mesayin, I hope to write my story in the near future but for now I have a great tool that helped by aton.

Its a small but concentrated and powerful tefila that works instantly and according to the guy that taught it to me it works for everyone. (He gave it to me in yiddish so I'll try my best to translate it into english.)

Firstly a few of small things to point out before I begin.

It's important to know that we always have bechira (choice), even though sometimes it seems to hard we do have a choice, but Hashem helps us with our nisyoinois and without his help we would be living dead people L"A.

There are two conditions to keep in mind in order for it to work.

1. Concentration on the words is needed, it won't work if you blabel the words.
2. Sincerity is needed, it doesn't work if you are not sincere to get rid of the nisoiyin.

Here it is.

Ribono shel olam I have a nisayon of... (say the nisayon)
The gemara says אלמלא הקב״ה עוזרו אינו יכול לו (Which means, if Hashem doesn't help out against the yetzer harah then he (the man) won't be able to withstand him)
I ask a chesed from Hashem take away from me this nisayon.

If you want the tefila in yiddish just email me at: mesayinoisoi@gmail.com
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2015 18:59 by mesayin.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:26 #265831

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Mesayin wrote:

It's important to know that we always have bechira (choice), even though sometimes it seems to hard we do have a choice, but Hashem helps us with our nisyoinois and without his help we would be living dead people L"A.

thanks for the Tefilah.

However, I seem to feel that the red with green are somewhat contradicting.
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:28 #265832

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
For many addicts they have lost the Bechirah! Just as you wont tell a person missing a leg 'he has a choice to walk normal, the same way we wont say for an addict that he has free choice. The only free choice he may have, is to do what it takes to get into recovery.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:29 #265833

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Was I the one to make red and green? I didn't realize.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Last Edit: 13 Oct 2015 19:30 by mesayin.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:30 #265835

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
lomed wrote:
For many addicts they have lost the Bechirah! Just as you wont tell a person missing a leg 'he has a choice to walk normal, the same way we wont say for an addict that he has free choice. The only free choice he may have, is to do what it takes to get into recovery.
Fair enough
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:32 #265836

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Mesayin wrote:
Was I the one to make red and green? I didn't realize.

no. I did it, so you should be able to see what I mean.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 19:35 #265838

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Oh.

Let me clarify.

Even after choosing good we can't withstand the Y"H without Hashem's help but of course if we don't choose to become better then...
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: Short and powerful tefila 13 Oct 2015 21:00 #265853

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
Lomed thats a big free choice. The choice to make the proper descisons in his recovery plan without being blinded. So I don't think addicts lost our bechiara.

To put it differnetly our job is no to bring oursleves within a nisayn and come out clean. Out job is not to take the first drink. To that an addict has control. He can work on what must be done not to take that first drink.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 14 Oct 2015 14:18 #265905

• cordnoy
waydown wrote:
Lomed thats a big free choice. The choice to make the proper descisons in his recovery plan without being blinded. So I don't think addicts lost our bechiara.

To put it differnetly our job is no to bring oursleves within a nisayn and come out clean. Out job is not to take the first drink. To that an addict has control. He can work on what must be done not to take that first drink.

I don't know the answer to this question, and I asked a similar one to some fellows (experts) the other day, and they gave some answers (which I didn't understand), but one thing I can tell you is that there are times and many times that the first drink (might depend on how one defines drink) is thrust upon us, and we had no control over that.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 14 Oct 2015 14:19 #265906

• shmulke
wow thats great hope you keep doing whats right and stay clean i will be always here to support me if you run into trouble and if you need someone to talk too!

Re: Short and powerful tefila 24 Oct 2015 17:38 #266728

• Moshe271
  • Senior Boarder
  • מודה ועוזב ירוחם
Thank you for the tefillah. As for Bechirah... this has been one of my biggest philosophical issues since entering recovery in SA. I have come to realize that I have no bechirah over the thoughts and the triggers. I can be walking down the street and a woman can catch my eye and I'm going to want to lust after her. For me, this is practically a given. However, I do have bechirah on a different level. I can choose to own up to the desire to lust and feast my eyes on whatever or whomever becomes the object of my lust, and then I can choose to surrender it to Hashem and "disown" the lust. I can release my hold on it and ask Hashem to take it from me. I do this all the time, and it works. I believe your prayer embodies is the same concept.

Re: Short and powerful tefila 02 Nov 2015 17:36 #267550

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Moshe271 wrote:
Thank you for the tefillah. As for Bechirah... this has been one of my biggest philosophical issues since entering recovery in SA. I have come to realize that I have no bechirah over the thoughts and the triggers. I can be walking down the street and a woman can catch my eye and I'm going to want to lust after her. For me, this is practically a given. However, I do have bechirah on a different level. I can choose to own up to the desire to lust and feast my eyes on whatever or whomever becomes the object of my lust, and then I can choose to surrender it to Hashem and "disown" the lust. I can release my hold on it and ask Hashem to take it from me. I do this all the time, and it works. I believe your prayer embodies is the same concept.

Thanks for that.

There is another thing to keep in mind, the mamar chazal that Hashem doesn't send a test that we cannot overcome.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: Short and powerful tefila 02 Nov 2015 21:31 #267581

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Mesayin wrote:
There is another thing to keep in mind, the mamar chazal that Hashem doesn't send a test that we cannot overcome.
How do we know what is a test? A test is only at our nekudas habechirah. How do we know where that point is? Also, can you please tell me where that mamar chazal is?

Re: Short and powerful tefila 02 Nov 2015 23:06 #267585

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
gibbor120 wrote:
Mesayin wrote:
How do we know what is a test? A test is only at our nekudas habechirah. How do we know where that point is? Also, can you please tell me where that mamar chazal is?

The gemara אין הקב"ה בא בטרוניא עם בריותיו ,עבודה זרה ג א

I don't get your question, anytime you find it difficult, from the smallest difficulty to the biggest, that s=is a test.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: Short and powerful tefila 03 Nov 2015 17:20 #267661

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'm asking because not everything is within our bechirah. There may be things that are in fact too difficult and they are not a test. Thinking that everything is a test can make a person give up, for they see how often they fail.

If a batter bats .400, he is a HUGE success. Why? He failed MOST of the time, did he not? I don't think it's possible to bat .1000, and I don't think that is what the RBS"O expects from us.

I know this type of thinking, ie. e/t is a test, caused me a lot of despair. I don't think it is true, nor do I think it is the correct mehalech for most of us. I think it leads most of us to depression.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying that a person can't recover and not act out. I'm just saying that looking at EVERYTHING as a test can make a person feel like a big failuere unneccessarily.

I hope I am understood correctly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes