Welcome, Guest

let me put a question out there...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: let me put a question out there... 2945 Views

Re: let me put a question out there... 06 Mar 2011 11:36 #99716

I try to stay away from mazreyah zerah livatallah but I keep falling back, it seems the only way I can relax and fall asleep is with m. I've stayed away from actual negayah & beyond since I've joined gye but the tayveh is always out there and when it surfaces I feel totally out of control.
Last Edit: by .

Re: let me put a question out there... 07 Mar 2011 10:45 #99896

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Chazal say if Dina would have married Eisov she might have helped him do teshuva. He had over 100 years of the worst znus you couldn't imagine plus he murdered all the gerim that Avrohom Ovinu made and did every other type of evil, but still he could have done teshuva. And Hashem hates Eisov but He loves you more than the Baal Shem Tov z"l loved the biggest tzaddik!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: let me put a question out there... 07 Mar 2011 16:28 #99933

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
I'm writing this in a dov-ish mood (perhaps L'kavod Rosh Chodesh Adar B'):

This is a very cute discussion.

Big Aveirah, small Aveirah...

I think I'm missing something here...

Is that your problem? Is Yiras Shamayim enough to keep you at bay if the Aveirah is big enough? And what happens if the Aveirah is too big?

It wasn't enough for me. I went to SA for a different way of life, because I can't handle masturbation whether it's assur or a mitzvah! But then again, I'm just an addict. If you feel that you can masturbate and keep your sanity and not go any further -good for you! But it usually doesn't end that way. It didn't for me at least. If you decide that this is wrecking your life to the point where you can't live this way anymore, than maybe there's something we can do to help you out...

In the meantime maybe the other SA (Shulchan Aruch) will take care of things. Some of our Lamdanim say that if you find the right special posek you may get a heter to masturbate. Jolly me!

Sorry,

E
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: let me put a question out there... 09 Mar 2011 22:41 #100405

can you hook me up withSA meetings in Brooklyn?

Re: let me put a question out there... 10 Mar 2011 09:56 #100453

Dearest Friend,

Hashem Is always accepting those who return full heartily.

Your question about which sin etc.

is almost like asking should I cut off my left part of my heart or the right side.

the answer is: if you can avoid doing both why would you settle for one?

Believe that Hashem created you with YOUR yetzer hora and the same G-d also commended you not to sin both sins, he obviously gives you the power to over come your yetzer horah, vein hadovar toluy elo becho, it's all depended on YOU.

Re: let me put a question out there... 10 Mar 2011 11:09 #100454

:'( Thank You!

Re: let me put a question out there... 10 Mar 2011 16:17 #100483

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
David/Rage wrote on 10 Mar 2011 02:34:

just walk in whenever you want...no invitations necessary

Also:

Monday
o *7:30-7:45 PM (Boro Park) Men's Steps  Jewish Board Counseling
*7:45-8:45 PM (Boro Park) Men's Meeting Jewish Board Counseling

Wednesday
*7:15-8:00 AM (Flatbush) Outreach Center
*7:30-8:30 PM (Boro Park) Jewish Board Counseling

Meeting Locations

-:- Jewish Board Counseling. 1273 53rd Street: Monday & Wednesday 4th floor ring for entry and ask at front desk for meeting using meeting time and NOT meeting name (eg "7 PM meeting")

-:- Outreach Center. 3011 Avenue K (between Nostrand Ave and E 31st Street). Side entrance (2 or 5 train to Brooklyn College [last stop]. Go two blocks south on Nostrand Ave)

Re: let me put a question out there... 10 Mar 2011 16:20 #100484

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
[quote=" Guard]

Uri wrote:

[color=blue]Yea. he got this list from sanyc.org
I have been to two of these meetings.
I go to the flatbush meetings.
Honestly,it is huge.They have 4 meetings a week and it is almost always packed(around 30 people).
It is in a very convinient location,and basically all Jews.There are 2 black guys who come steadily,and a couple non-affiliated people.
Of the Jews who come,almost all are frum.there are like 4 chassidishe guys who come steady,couple more modernish folk,5 chabadniks,and the rest are yeshivish.
People often drop yeshivish lingo here and there,even[/color]
[/quote]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes