Welcome, Guest

let me put a question out there...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: let me put a question out there... 2946 Views

let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 10:18 #99545

Is it possible for someone (who shall remain nameless ofcourse) who for 50+ years has been at such a low level of "Taharah" because of his lack of concern of "Nahgeeyah" issues, to be forgiven and accepted by "Hashem Yisborach"? Is it conceivable that in such a circumstance masterbation would be an acceptible substitution for worse trangressions? :
Last Edit: by .

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 11:57 #99550

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
Im not an expert. But one thing I know for sure. HKBH will accept anyone who does teshuva regardless of how far he or she has fallen. HKBH's love for each and every individual knows no bounds. As far as swapping one aveira in lieu of another, I can't say for sure. but the last time HE divulged his chesbonos to me, it became clear that I didnt understand a thing. כי לא מחשבותי מחשבותיכם
We dont know what's worse or better in His eyes and I definitely dont think He does trade-ins. Do your best to reach out to Him, and you may just see that you can deal with it alot better than you thought, with a little help from your friends (GYE).
I used to ask my kids, "Why do I love you so much?" we went thru a whole litany of possible answers always ending up with the answer "because your my son / daughter" no other reason!
HKBH is your loving father, who loves His children no matter what just because we are His children.
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 13:18 #99554

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Return Again wrote on 04 Mar 2011 10:18:

Is it possible for someone (who shall remain nameless ofcourse) who for 50+ years has been at such a low level of "Taharah" because of his lack of concern of "Nahgeeyah" issues, to be forgiven and accepted by "Hashem Yisborach"? Is it conceivable that in such a circumstance masterbation would be an acceptible substitution for worse trangressions? :

Yes.
No.
How do you know what "worse transgressions" are? Did I miss out on sone sort of rating system. Isn't there a mishna in pirkei avos "Tizaher bimitzva kala K'Chamura"?
What kind of teshuva is it if you are still sinning?
there are better ways to do teshuva such as sinning less often at first, etc.

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:10 #99569

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the info Rage. Truth is the Rav on the mishna in Pirkey Avos says B'firush not like me. He says that we "Don't know the schar of mitzvos" but Aveiros are clearly defined in the Torah based on the severity of the punishment (I guess if you have 2 aveiros with the same punishment the question would remain).

Return Again wasn't really clear what his other aveirah was.

Another factor which I think was what he meant originally is that a sin that only involves himself vs  a sin that also involves somebody else may be better.

All this theory aside. Nobody is forcing him to sin either way.

What we do know for certain is,

Everybody can  do Teshuva.
Resisting temptation and not sinning for ANY length of time is commendable.

What we are not certain of is

Can you consider choosing a lighter sin over a more severe sin a level of Teshuva.
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2011 15:17 by .

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:15 #99570

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Regarding your question about MZL being the "worst sin"

In theory the purpose of mitzvos are to bring us closer to Hashem, Aveiros distance us from Hashem. Perhaps, MZL wreaks such a havoc on our souls and G-dliness that it distances us from Hashem much more then other sins, even sins with greater punishments. And in that respect it is the worst aveira.

Now you may ask, Why then does it not have the worst punishment?
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2011 15:37 by .

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:22 #99571

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Yes - Teshuva helps until the last day!  (Never wait until then, however, - that's very risky business for several reasons).

David/Rage - the Heter of the Beis Shmuel in Even Ha'ezer 23 is where a person is about to sin with an erva, and this is his only way out.  It is definitely not a long-term solution.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:26 #99572

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Zera Levatala does have the worst punishment - unspeakable guilt, and feeling distanced from HKB"H.  Furthermore, as long as one is engaged in the behavior, he begins to think that stopping is impossible, which itself is a great punishment.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:48 #99574

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
There are certainly some aveiros in which such a trade-off is considered acceptable. For example, I've heard from respectable poskim that someone who feels that he cannot resist SSA relationships, it's better to masturbate instead, if that will help.

The question is, what's the trade-off in your situation? You'd need to ask a rav.

One thing is for certain - Hashem can and will accept your teshuva, and any effort you put in will be greatly rewarding for you on every level.

As far as what you are and are not ready for...you may want to read my very first posts when I arrived here. Feel free to PM me, if you like.

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:54 #99577

• Lechayim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hashem will diffentley accept a true Teshuva.  A Momar Lehachis for one averiah what ever it should is like  he is not including the Toarh as it should be, and that is like not agreeing to the whole Torah, unless maybe it's a plan that will get him later on the whole torah.
Basically this is question  for a Rov who knows what the halacha is.
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2011 15:59 by .

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 15:56 #99578

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Nobody here is a Mumar Lhachis, only a Mumar L'Taiavon.

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 16:31 #99581

• Lechayim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
So according to you only a real Rosha is a Mumar Lehacis? Well i'm not so sure it's that simple the way you make it , cause if someone is only  tempted to do averios cause he likes it  i ,so then he is not a mumar, so he will eat treif etc  and not be considered a mumar Lehacis cause he like it??

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 16:36 #99584

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes he is a Mumar L'taiavon. Which is not a good thing either.

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 16:53 #99588

• kedusha
  • Administrator
No, a Mumar L'Taiavon is a Rasha as well, but not in the league of a Mumar Lehach'is.

Re: let me put a question out there... 04 Mar 2011 20:27 #99645

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Homosexuality is a unique situation and requires unique solutions, all with the Psak of a competent Posek.

Re: let me put a question out there... 06 Mar 2011 05:31 #99694

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Return Again, Welcome.  Seems your thread got hijacked.  It happens.

I'm 64 (I think).  Wanna read a train wreck? Please check out my first few posts. At one point my posting what I'd done in life had to be edited out.

We are never "too old" to do t'shuvah.  That's a fact not open to discussion.  Sorry guys..OK, It's open for discussion, not for argument.

I think we have a lot in common, and if I can be any help in any way, please pm me. 

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes