Welcome, Guest

Here we go - Details about JIP
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Here we go - Details about JIP 11866 Views

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 20:26 #58702

• bardichev
I NEED TO TREAD THIN ICE HERE

YOUR STORY BROKE MY HEART

I FEEL SOO BAD

ALL I CAN SAY IS

DO WHAT IT TAKES TO STOP THE VICIOUS CYCLE

YOUR YUMMY ZEESAH KINDERLACH NEED A HAPPY NORMAL PEACEFUL TATTEH

HECK IT IS A SICK WORLD

MAKE YOUR SLICE OF IT A LITTLE MORE PEACEFUL THEN WHAT YOU HAD GROWING UP

YES THERE IS ENOUGH HURT AND BLAME TO GO AROUND

YOUR KIDS STILL NEED "YOU"!!!

BARDS!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 20:50 #58709

• jewinpain
Guard, u are probably aware that for the statement "schar .... There is million bchinas on it in the sforim, from the mforshiom on shas, to muser and cashidisha sfurim, I myself heard many bchinas, 1 of them was that there is 2 types of schar one is more like a gashmisdiga schar and that is paid down here, the other one in the form of olam haba, is paid up there, and u know what guard it must be that we r paid down here, otherwise the entire world would be suffering like hell, and in fact we don't see that b"h many people have decent lives, so I guess I was hand picked by hahshem for some mission and when it will iy"h pass very soon by mine and ur tfilos and masim tovim I will be on the other side of the bridge myself

Bard, as I said in my 1st post on the thread, if not the kids I would be out of this world along time ago, so I sure hang in here and do all I can, cuz of the kids

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 21:21 #58714

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I agree fully. You were definitely hand picked by Hashem for a difficult mission. And perhaps you can try taking pride in that somewhat, by thinking that He obviously must trust you with such a difficult mission. He wouldn't give such a difficult job to just anyone.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 21:25 #58716

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem only gives us what we can handle. Period. However its much easier to say that when were on the up part fo the roller coaster. Try saying it on the downside.... :-\

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 22:02 #58717

• jewinpain
yiddle2, u must be kidding with ur last post, u know that this statement is very hard to practice for guys in the downside, almost impossible to understand it & even harder to digest it, u remind me of a story i had when i went to visit my BIL 1st time in hospital ( who was BTW a very famous speaker & very big talmid chocem & yriy shmuiam) after he got VERY sick, & i came in the room, he looked terrible, so he was ashemed of himself, & he tells me JIP, tell me something good "za mich mchazek" i told him ohh come on, u need me to give u chizak, just repeat to yourself what u always tell the buchirem in Yeshiva, (was a marbits torah for 20 years) אין הקב"ה בא בטרוניא עם בריותיו , so he looked at me & laughed, like come n, this is very true, but look what i am going through & this is not the time to get chizak of this statement, so i went on & tld him the usual, it will be iy"h good, & u will cure, (which unfortunately he didn’t but let’s not go off topic) so we sick people in here need to find strength of positive statements & not of this or by any other saying that hashem does only good & he is right cuz we all know that deep down in heart that he loves us & does only good but in the dark days it’s not just working it’s not

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 17 Mar 2010 22:06 #58718

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
JIP,

Thats exactly what I said. And if not thats exactly what I meant....

"However its much easier to say that when were on the up part fo the roller coaster. Try saying it on the downside.... " The last part means its very difficult to say it on the downside.

Be good!

-Yiddle

PS. sorry for the mix up  :o

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 00:52 #58740

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yiddle2 wrote on 17 Mar 2010 21:25:

Hashem only gives us what we can handle. Period. However its much easier to say that when were on the up part fo the roller coaster. Try saying it on the downside.... :-\

This is an often quoted saying
What's the source?

If you meant to say that Hashem doesn't give people unbearable pain.... It is simply not true.... Sorry

If you meant that Hashem never gives a person a Nisoyan that can not be overcome...
Well R' Tzodok disagrees and Rav Dessler writes that there is a Nekuda beyond which you have no Bechira.... Sorry again

This should never be used as a reason to do something wrong....
But it is also discouraging to hear:

"Ah...! don't make such a big deal.... You can handle it if only you wanted to...."

P.s. everyone says Ein Dovor Haomed Bifnie Haratzon....
this is not a Mamar Chazal and has no Mekor.... It is a folk saying....`

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 00:57 #58741

• jewinpain
Hey dear, tnx for sticking here with us, btw can u point me this reb tsudak, were is it, and as for the folks statement I will do some research, got som1 who's pretty good about that stuff
U probably heard the saying, "ein hkb"h monah as hadafim ala hashues" can u find me out where that one is

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 02:04 #58751

• commando612
JIP, I don't think you realize this, but you're giving many of us chizuk just from your story. Some of us have gone through really tough times, but when we hear from someone who has survived a different type of Gehennim, then we realize that we could survive our tough times too.

Everyone has their own troubles, their own Gehinnom here on earth. I know that no one can judge me in my situation, and I can't judge anyone else in his situation.

As the attitude handbook mentioned, Rav Tzadok Hakohen teaches that Hashem does sometimes give us tests which we can't pass. To answer your question, the exact place is in Sefer Tzidkas Hatzadik paragraph 43. He says there that sometimes we're given a test that we can't pass, and we're considered a complete "Oneis" and not punished for it. He concludes, "but a person can't say to himself that he's reached that stage, because maybe he does have the strength to pass the test".

I think we've all experienced tests which we can't pass. But we've also experienced those moments when we went far beyond what we thought were our limits. Sometimes you reach your limit of endurance, and you push yourself beyond that limit. And again. And again. Another night. Another stand. I once worked with a former marine, who told me that a marine who is ordered to do the impossible will do it until they physically collapse. Those battles are the ones which turn us into advanced warriers, and they're our most proud and memorable moments that we look back on years later.

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 02:12 #58753

• jewinpain
612! Gr8 post thanks for ur time it was sure worth

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 03:13 #58757

• 123.trying.123
  • Platinum Boarder
commando612 wrote on 18 Mar 2010 02:04:

JIP, I don't think you realize this, but you're giving many of us chizuk just from your story. Some of us have gone through really tough times, but when we hear from someone who has survived a different type of Gehennim, then we realize that we could survive our tough times too.

Everyone has their own troubles, their own Gehinnom here on earth. I know that no one can judge me in my situation, and I can't judge anyone else in his situation.

As the attitude handbook mentioned, Rav Tzadok Hakohen teaches that Hashem does sometimes give us tests which we can't pass. To answer your question, the exact place is in Sefer Tzidkas Hatzadik paragraph 43. He says there that sometimes we're given a test that we can't pass, and we're considered a complete "Oneis" and not punished for it. He concludes, "but a person can't say to himself that he's reached that stage, because maybe he does have the strength to pass the test".

I think we've all experienced tests which we can't pass. But we've also experienced those moments when we went far beyond what we thought were our limits. Sometimes you reach your limit of endurance, and you push yourself beyond that limit. And again. And again. Another night. Another stand. I once worked with a former marine, who told me that a marine who is ordered to do the impossible will do it until they physically collapse. Those battles are the ones which turn us into advanced warriers, and they're our most proud and memorable moments that we look back on years later.

Thanks.... The thing with the Marine is inspiring....

I want to add one thought:

R' Yisroel Salanter once observed the following:

The Cossacks were the elite troops of Europe. They were drafted at a young age and served for 30 years before retiring on a government pension.

During their many years of army service these troops were super disciplined, super energetic and super productive. The Cossack soldier was the epitome of discipline, he was an example for society of what a human can make himself into....

However, after retiring, these soldiers where found spending the rest of their lives in a drunken stupor, epitomizing the concept of Laziness

What happened to the good habits that they practiced for 30 years?!!!!

Answers Rav Yisroel, that Since they were forced to
join the army and never identified with these values, , their external
behaviors could not have the power to influence their internal values....

A good thought to keep in mind.....

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 03:18 #58759

OK, I just have to bring it up.

Why is it that so many people that I know who grew up in chassidish environments went through absolute hell?
Is it something about the chassidim or do I just know a lot of messed up people? I'm betting it's the former.

Yeah, I said it.

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 03:22 #58762

• jewinpain
Bruce! Molestation is indeed greater by the chasidim, which is a huge factor is messy lives, but I have no dobut that there is as much messed up jewish souls by non chasidim

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 03:28 #58764

Why is it more with the chassidim?

And I don't disagree that it's a problem in general, but why the chassidim?

Re: Here we go - Details about JIP 18 Mar 2010 03:29 #58765

• 123.trying.123
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 18 Mar 2010 03:18:

OK, I just have to bring it up.

Why is it that so many people that I know who grew up in chassidish environments went through absolute hell?
Is it something about the chassidim or do I just know a lot of messed up people? I'm betting it's the former.

Yeah, I said it.

I think Bards answer would be:
It may be a problem but it is not my problem...

I hope this topic is not Loshon Harah/Motzie Shem Rah.... Is it?
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes