Welcome, Guest

Eagle In Flight
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Eagle In Flight 1351 Views

Re: Eagle In Flight 12 Aug 2024 17:39 #419015

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Gold Boarder
R' Eagle,

Your honest and straightforwardness is so refreshing! For me, GYE presents the ability to be open honest in these struggles, which thereby facilitates real introspection and healing.

You and all our dear brothers here should have a super meaningful fast and we should be zoche to ביאת המשיח במהרה...  

With a heart brimming with respect and brotherly love,
Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Eagle In Flight 12 Aug 2024 20:20 #419033

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 472 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Phenomenal stuff happening here. 

Keep soaring, (and shvitzing),  ever higher. You’re an inspiration!

I’ve written a lot about talking to my kids. 

When it comes to talking about Shmiras Haenayim I try not to give specific orders and instructions. Rather I discuss the importance of being careful and how a Ben Torah has to be aware and try to avoid what’s not nice etc. Then I’m aware that I’m modelling behaviour wherever we go.
I know they’re watching, and noticing how I walk and what I look at.  That helps me be more careful, if I’m going to be honest. 

I try not to make a big production out of it. Just acting normal and giving care to naturally avoid peritzus, be careful, be proactive about which places to go, how to walk (not looking all over the place) and what to look at and what not to look at. How to talk to people. If I have to talk to people who aren’t dressed optimally I make eye contact, be polite and kind and try to only look from the nose up  

That’s how my father shlita did it, he’s an Heiliger Yid. But not everyone knows about his Kedusha, he doesn’t advertise. I still hope to one day grow to be a little like him.
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2024 19:06 by chaimoigen.

Re: Eagle In Flight 13 Aug 2024 14:07 #419052

• m111
  • Senior Boarder
I just read your introduction to this thread.
Your attitude is so wonderful. 
You're inspiring, "yes we can...".
When 2 yidden get together, it is two nefesh elokis (godly souls) against one nefesh hebehamis (animal soul)
Feel free to private message me.

Re: Eagle In Flight 21 Aug 2024 14:12 #419564

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 400 days
  • Gold Boarder
Meeting you in the Eagle's nest was a privilege, I will cherish.

Hearing about your struggles and how you deal with them, challenges that would break a lesser man, was inspiring.

Knowing that you never sucked the forbidden pacifier of P&M despite it all, is astounding.

Watching to soar despite it all leaves me in awe of the greatness and heights that people can reach.

With admiration,

Amevakesh

Re: Eagle In Flight 21 Aug 2024 16:47 #419582

• 138eagle
  • Current streak: 174 days
  • Senior Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 21 Aug 2024 14:12:
Meeting you in the Eagle's nest was a privilege, I will cherish.

Hearing about your struggles and how you deal with them, challenges that would break a lesser man, was inspiring.

Knowing that you never sucked the forbidden pacifier of P&M despite it all, is astounding.

Watching to soar despite it all leaves me in awe of the greatness and heights that people can reach.

With admiration,

Amevakesh

Thank You for your warm words.
Knowing that I am together with friends like you has given me the strength to really fly!

Looking forward to continuing to fly higher together!!
Come fly with me as I fly higher!
My Story

Feel free to reach out to me.
138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Eagle In Flight 21 Aug 2024 16:49 #419583

• 138eagle
  • Senior Boarder

Hello all

I would like to share with all of you a wonderful experience that I had this past week.

In 2021 around אדר – March, which is when I had a really hard fall and that took me down the slide of my fantasizing and reading inappropriate things, and that took me till this last תקופה of when I joined here. Around then, I bought one of the new jewish music albums. One particular hard day, I had it on in the car when my mind was all over the place. There was one song that whenever it turned on, there was an association of lust and fantasy with that song, and I felt my mind go back to that difficult place.

This past Friday, as we were getting ready for שבת at home, we turned on some music, and this song came on. And miracles of miracles!!! My mind stayed put!!! I felt so far from the dark difficulties of my previous life. I began to dance in my dining room!! (I do that from time to time anyway, my kids do think I am a bit too much…)!

Thank you all for helping me rewire my brain to be able to fly so high!!!

My Story

138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 13:01 #419966

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
chulentandkugel wrote on 23 Aug 2024 12:53:
Awesome!

Shalom and welcome!
Looks like this is your first day and post here. When you are ready, please feel free to introduce yourself. The oilam would love to get to know you.
Kol Tov
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 13:45 #419975

• 138eagle
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Chevra
Here is the next update in my wonderful flight to the heavens.

The other day, I took the time to go and meet our Rebbe HHM שליט"א.

'twas a phenomenal experience! (thanks Muttel)

The hug and kiss that I got from him went deep into my Neshama and will remain with me for a very long time.

I ended up sitting and talking to him for much longer than I originally thought I would.

His warmth, insight and caring are unbelievable!!

This brings out his ability to push me (and all of us) to go far out of my comfort zone and to really care for myself and to do what needs to be done to really reach the freedom that I seek. He is able to see in me much more than I thought I can see in myself, and he is able to push me to do much more than I thought I was able to do.

His pushing me to work hard is really bringing me to fly to new heights!

The most recent work that he pushed me to do is to act in ways to love my wife fully for who she truly is as a person, and it is really making a difference in my life.

I came home and gave my wife a hug just for her being her and told her I love you in a way that was not meant to take anything further.

The ‘Thank You’ that I got from her was felt deep inside of me. I did something for her that made her feel good, and she appreciated it!

And the best part of it was that when I came home later from night seder, we spoke for a few minutes and then she went to sleep. A hug to my wife did not mean anything more than that!! Just loving her for who she really is, really felt great!!

Thank You Rebbe for helping me fly!!!

My Story

138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 14:15 #419984

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
BenHashemBH wrote on 23 Aug 2024 13:01:

Awesome!

Shalom and welcome!
Looks like this is your first day and post here. When you are ready, please feel free to introduce yourself. The oilam would love to get to know you.
Kol Tov

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 14:31 #419987

• 138eagle
  • Senior Boarder
BenHashemBH wrote on 23 Aug 2024 14:15:

Awesome!

Shalom and welcome!
Kol Tov

Now you look funny!

Maybe they should figure out how to delete all the related posts as well.....
My Story

138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 14:33 #419988

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
138eagle wrote on 23 Aug 2024 14:31:

Awesome!

Shalom and welcome!
Kol Tov

Now you look funny!

Maybe they should figure out how to delete all the related posts as well.....

Lol.
They can do that. Not sure what the criteria is, but probably they delete posts related to inappropriate ones, not the more general responses.

Re: Eagle In Flight 23 Aug 2024 16:16 #419995

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder

Awesome!

Shalom and welcome!
Kol Tov

its called bein hazmanim boredom................

Re: Eagle In Flight 29 Aug 2024 02:42 #420315

• 138eagle
  • Senior Boarder

As the Eagle flies high above, those around it look at it and admire. “Look how gracefully it flies” It looks almost effortless”!

Alas, it is not true.

The eagle’s wings hurt from the effort of trying to keep in the sky and they wish they could take a rest.

There are ups and downs. There are trials and tribulations. I still struggle to look at my wife for who she is and to accept her shortcomings and how I am not so attracted not to let things about her bother me.

Also, בין הזמנים is a challenge. One Sunday I took my family to the zoo (like PY said, a lot of 2-legged species there that creates a more significant challenge). The next week, we went to a large park and went boating, we met a lot of the frum world and a lot of the not-jewish world was there too. (Is this even allowed? Can the Rabbis and Poskim here chime in if going to the zoo or a large park is called ליכא דרכא אחריתא or if it is called איכא דרכא אחריתא. I mean there are no other zoos out there, or do we absolutely stay away).

The challenges were definitely easier to deal with than they were in the past. I was not lusting over anything and definitely not looking to see anything triggering, like I may have done in the past. Most significantly, I think that they did not make as much as a רושם on me as it did in the past, I did not dwell on the challenges after we left. I think that I can call this a triumph.

Then my wife went away with most of the kids. I felt like I needed to do something. Was it lust that was driving my need? Or was it just a need for the love? Hmm hard question. Even if she would be here, we would not be able to be together. I felt lost. I even felt hard on myself. I felt that I was doing the wrong thing and having the wrong feelings.

A quick call to HHM to discuss my feelings, put me at ease, I am still normal with normal needs to have a wife around me even without being together. It is a need for love, not lust.

Wow!

Now I felt better. I even called my wife just to tell her that I miss her. It felt good to tell her that I missed her, not her body.

Working hard to stay in the air.

My Story

138.124.eagle@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes