Welcome, Guest

Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 718 Views

Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 05 Jul 2024 21:58 #416545

Hi  A Gutten Erev Shabbos. 
I imagine that a lot of you are not online but that's ok
68 FFB married with lots of children and grandchildren.
I've been watching and practicing P&M since I was a kid early teens. 
I've gone to strip clubs and had lap dances and with the internet I've been in Chat rooms sharing pics n watching other people on cams. 
Pretty scary how it became such a normal part of my life. 
I don't think I've ever gone more than 30-35 days clean my entire life. 
I'm a fine upstanding active board member in my Yeshivishe Minyan Shul, I've been honored at dinners more than once and B"H I've been very smart, in protecting and hiding this part of my life. 
My wife is oblivious to anything. We have filters on our phones, Ipads etc but of course I have my own laptop which is not filtered and I can surf as I please. My children all see that my laptop and devices are filtered and we've talked about the dangers of unfiltered computers for both adults and children.  

I've sworn off P&M plenty of times, especially in the past 4 years but I keep on falling back, getting up n falling back down, but hey I'm back up today and for the last 6 days as well B"H.

I have a Frum therapist who knows everything and he has been a big help. My decision to join GYE is a big step for me and I hope to get the support I am looking for. 

Clearly I need to take my other laptop to TAG so that's the next step, and I think I'm a good candidate for having my own mentor as well. 

I just wanted to say hi and thank all of you for making this possible and if there is any way that any of you feel that you could benefit from chatting with me I'm here for you too. 

Have a good Shabbos and keep up the good fight.

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 05 Jul 2024 22:53 #416547

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the most amazing family!
Here we care about you, and we want to hear from you, so please keep sharing!
I'm happy to hear you have a therapist helping you with this. And we are here to be your friends and brothers, to keep you motivated to keep trucking!
Since you seem to already be open to talking to guys here, I'll tell you that that is the one greatest gift you can give yourself. Reach out and make some friends. Together, we can reach the top!
Stick around, there's much to learn. Get to know the chevrah, and beH you'll be on your way soon!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
Last Edit: 05 Jul 2024 22:55 by eerie.

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 06 Jul 2024 10:25 #416552

• adam2014
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
Shalom, and welcome to the beginning of the end of your problem. It is good to see another "old" guy. I am 59, and I sometimes get concerned that I am too old for this site, but don't worry, the people here do not judge you by age, your level of observance, or what type of problem brought you here; they are just glad that you are here!!! 

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 02:49 #416565

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
adam2014 wrote on 06 Jul 2024 10:25:
Shalom, and welcome to the beginning of the end of your problem. It is good to see another "old" guy. I am 59, and I sometimes get concerned that I am too old for this site, but don't worry, the people here do not judge you by age, your level of observance, or what type of problem brought you here; they are just glad that you are here!!! 

This is a road well traveled with the directions clear and the road bright. Hop in the monster truck and bust all obstacles outta the way. 
You can do this . TODAYis always the best time to start
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 03:02 #416566

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
baalteshuvawannabee wrote on 05 Jul 2024 21:58:
Hi  A Gutten Erev Shabbos. 
I imagine that a lot of you are not online but that's ok
68 FFB married with lots of children and grandchildren.
I've been watching and practicing P&M since I was a kid early teens. 
I've gone to strip clubs and had lap dances and with the internet I've been in Chat rooms sharing pics n watching other people on cams. 
Pretty scary how it became such a normal part of my life. 
I don't think I've ever gone more than 30-35 days clean my entire life. 
I'm a fine upstanding active board member in my Yeshivishe Minyan Shul, I've been honored at dinners more than once and B"H I've been very smart, in protecting and hiding this part of my life. 
My wife is oblivious to anything. We have filters on our phones, Ipads etc but of course I have my own laptop which is not filtered and I can surf as I please. My children all see that my laptop and devices are filtered and we've talked about the dangers of unfiltered computers for both adults and children.  

I've sworn off P&M plenty of times, especially in the past 4 years but I keep on falling back, getting up n falling back down, but hey I'm back up today and for the last 6 days as well B"H.

I have a Frum therapist who knows everything and he has been a big help. My decision to join GYE is a big step for me and I hope to get the support I am looking for. 

Clearly I need to take my other laptop to TAG so that's the next step, and I think I'm a good candidate for having my own mentor as well. 

I just wanted to say hi and thank all of you for making this possible and if there is any way that any of you feel that you could benefit from chatting with me I'm here for you too. 

Wow.  Welcome and wishing you tremendous hatzlocha.  The enjoyment of being free of the activities you describe is beyond what I could have imagined.   I am in my mid fifties. Please stay active here and get to know the chevra.  

beat wishes
vehkam
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 10:36 #416579

Hi
thanks for your encouragement
I'd be interested in getting a copy of battle of the generation
my email is baalteshuvawannabee@gmail.com
thanks so much

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 11:35 #416580

• upanddown
  • Current streak: 98 days
  • Expert Boarder
baalteshuvawannabee wrote on 07 Jul 2024 10:36:
Hi
thanks for your encouragement
I'd be interested in getting a copy of battle of the generation
my email is baalteshuvawannabee@gmail.com
thanks so much

Hi and welcome to this fantastic website!!
Very inspiring to hear about your journey and your courage to start fresh!
I have sent the book to your email.
Keep us posted!!
My favourite resources:
1. "Zos Brisi". A Likut of fantastic Mareh Mekomos and Chizukim. hebrewbooks.org/56572
Message me privately if you'd like me to send you a sharp PDF version of it.
2. "Sha'arei Gedula". An inspiring & 'down to earth' Sefer. hebrewbooks.org/48344
3. "The Battle of the Generation". guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 13:48 #416585

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome!

I can't imagine the courage it took for you to seek support in this field. It's truly inspiring!

I don't think this site has an age limit. It's full of warmth and hope for anyone struggling. That's one of the tools this site has to offer: friends who truly care, kicking away the loneliness that so many of us have felt for the longest time.

Hatzlacha on ur journey!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 14:23 #416587

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome to the GYE Family!
Here you will find (and have found already...) warmth, care and acceptance.
Read around (some of the great threads are here), post, and when you are ready getting in touch with some of the great people on this site can be a tremendous help.

Hatzlacha and KOMT!

P.S. If you are daring and ready for that step, reach out to Hashem Help Me - michelgelner@gmail.com - one of main mentors on this site. He has helped hundreds, present company included.

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 14:37 #416592

got it thank you
i ordered a hard copy as well from amazon

i am looking forward to participating and contributing

thanks so much

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 14:41 #416593

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
baalteshuvawannabee wrote on 07 Jul 2024 14:37:
got it thank you
i ordered a hard copy as well from amazon

i am looking forward to participating and contributing

thanks so much

Just one small point. A crucial part of recovery is being here consistently, sharing and discussing.
You can do this - We're here for you
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 07 Jul 2024 15:51 #416597

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
baalteshuvawannabee wrote on 05 Jul 2024 21:58:

Welcome! It is a chizuk that you are here. No matter when, where, what, or for how long, we can always fight to change.

If you are serious about TAGing your other laptop, perhaps it would behoove you to pick someone you connect with here (your mentor) for accountability, and you can follow up with them on this and any future goals you are working towards?

Much hatzlacha!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 08 Jul 2024 00:04 #416627

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome to the forum! It's great to have a Zeidy on board. Although there are many people here that have been cleaner for longer, I'm sure we can all benefit from your life's experience. I have found that the friends that you make on this forum are like no others. The weirdest thing is, that I've found myself opening up to people, getting guidance from them, and being inspired by people 20 years younger than I am. For some reason, the age gap seems to melt away when it comes to matters of קדושה. I guess if the YH attacks all ages, then all ages can stand together against him in this fight. Looking forward to hearing from you, and to gain from you. We're in this together.

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 08 Jul 2024 10:15 #416647

Thank you all for your very warm welcome and words of encouragement.
Today is the beginning of day #9 and things are going well.
My plan to TAG my laptop was pushed off a day because my wife had plans that kept me busy but today should work.
I agree with the idea of having it not only TAGed but also have it report to a mentor for accountability, so I'll have my therapist be that person.

I've been here, Day #9,  so many times and very often in the past it felt like "this times going to be different" and maybe it was different but not different enough to prevent me from acting out so I need to be optimistic but cautious as well to be aware of my actions and motivations to make this the last day #9

hope that makes sense

Thank you again for being here

Re: Sick N Tired of Being Sick N Tired 08 Jul 2024 12:21 #416651

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
Just so you know, you don't need to go down to TAG to get you computer filtered. They can email you a link where you download the filter and then they set it up for you remotely from you account. Even if you end up needing to go to TAG later to adjust some settings I highly recommend first getting the filter installed.
Hatzocha

Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes