Welcome, Guest

I Can Run But I Can't Hide
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 6494 Views

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 03 Dec 2023 21:40 #404429

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Motzai Shabbos is one of the most challenging times. As mentioned before, the nefesh feels the loss of the neshama yeseira. This has been said in the name of the Aruch Hashulchan, although i have not seen that inside.  Another "nefesh" explanation is that it is the 3rd day following the "operation" of Chava being removed from Adam HaRishon.  Obviously the "rational" explanation is that Motzai Shabbos is for many people a non-structured period of time which naturally is unproductive, and it follows the non- structured period of time called Shabbos.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 01:22 #404436

• bright
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that we are on the subject. I have a very hard time with rosh chodesh. Anyone have an explanation?
Nothing good grows in the dark. 

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 01:27 #404437

• optomism
  • Senior Boarder
Perhaps you look at the new month with anxiety. 
1  You have expectaions for the month  that you know you won't fulfill.
2 You think its supposed to be a day that will give you some spiritual fulfillment like shabbos but it just doesnt hit the spot. 
So you say the heck with it I might as well mess up.
Can that be it?

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 01:31 #404439

• bright
  • Platinum Boarder
Prob not....

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 03:06 #404443

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
bright wrote on 04 Dec 2023 01:22:
Now that we are on the subject. I have a very hard time with rosh chodesh. Anyone have an explanation?

Science. Geology to be prescise
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 04:43 #404449

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder

In what way, please? 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 06:49 #404457

• hechochma
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
Day 3:
Bh, MS anxiety passed with the start of the week. It cost me some sleep last night but iyh I'll recover from that.

Had a bit of a nisayon today but bh went well with a big shoutout to Foolie, ChaimO and Eerie for being in touch. I could not do it without you guys. You should be blessed!

It's kinda funny how I don't realize how much a particular exposure to a trigger affects me until I'm davening and whammo right in the middle of Shemone Esrei by Mariv my brain goes off to review the sights and scenes of the day.

I'm getting to bed quite late tonight due to having way too many things happening in one day, and I'm going to be slam-tired tomorrow, which will probably make for a tough morning.

Wish me luck!!!
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 06:54 #404458

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder

If this was not in jest...
I second R' ChaimO's request for details -

Personally I relate altho not sure if it's for the same reason - I happen to always get my day started on the wrong foot with the long davening.

I also really don't like Hallel because it feels very hollow to me on Rosh Chodesh - I don't feel anything but, hello, it's hallel! It's a downer for me usually.

(altho in EY there's a breslov minyan that does like a 2 hour Hallel with a band and dancing every Rosh Chodesh - I did that once and it was awesome!)
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2023 07:02 by hechochma.

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 15:36 #404462

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HeChochma wrote on 04 Dec 2023 06:49:
Day 3:

Wish me luck!!!

I do not wish you luck. Luck is for the Irish ☘️ and it’s often fuelled by rye whiskey. 

I wish you courage. And heart. And strength. I wish you hope. And joy. And connection, with loved ones and with Hashem. I wish you serenity and clarity and Chochma. 

I wish you Chaim. 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 16:22 #404466

• cordnoy
Anyone have issues with the week of Asarah b'Teves when it falls on a Friday? I am dreadin' that beginnin' of the week Monday.

#FAFO
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 19:20 #404495

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 04 Dec 2023 16:22:
Anyone have issues with the week of Asarah b'Teves when it falls on a Friday? I am dreadin' that beginnin' of the week Monday.

#FAFO

Hey Cordnoy! Welcome to my thread! Thanks for joining the party!

My Thread

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 04 Dec 2023 19:27 #404497

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
Day 4:
Went to sleep at 3:30 last night due to a random string of events.
I'm exhausted.

Luckily I can nap now for a few minutes!!

Otherwise everything is going decently.

I got a bit down because I responded to the Call for Israel email and started calling representatives and I was in tears in a matter of seconds. I didn't mind that too much on a voicemail (which some reps have) but it's very frustrating and upsetting to make an emotional plea to some random secretary who couldn't care less.

Anywho, I'm going to sleep!

My Thread

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 05 Dec 2023 01:29 #404541

• bright
  • Platinum Boarder
HeChochma wrote on 04 Dec 2023 06:54:

Personally I relate altho not sure if it's for the same reason - I happen to always get my day started on the wrong foot with the long davening.

I also really don't like Hallel because it feels very hollow to me on Rosh Chodesh - I don't feel anything but, hello, it's hallel! It's a downer for me usually.

(altho in EY there's a breslov minyan that does like a 2 hour Hallel with a band and dancing every Rosh Chodesh - I did that once and it was awesome!)

It was only half in jest but I didnt want to hijack your thread.... For some reason every RC, I end up missing sedorim, not learning well when I am there, not sleeping at night and just wasting time.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2023 01:29 by bright.

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 06 Dec 2023 05:36 #404623

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
bright wrote on 05 Dec 2023 01:29:

HeChochma wrote on 04 Dec 2023 06:54:

It was only half in jest but I didnt want to hijack your thread.... For some reason every RC, I end up missing sedorim, not learning well when I am there, not sleeping at night and just wasting time.

Fascinating.

My Thread

Re: I Can Run But I Can't Hide 06 Dec 2023 05:59 #404626

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Hechochma, don’t look now,
But the clock, don’t ask me how

Is reading One…ain’t that fun?

Till Eerie will come knockin’
On your door, a good hockin’, 

Gay shoin shlufin, nu!
Or morgan you’ll belang in deh zoo! 
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?