Welcome, Guest

My long journey
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My long journey 1163 Views

Re: My long journey 20 Sep 2023 00:24 #401299

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyone has got to do what works best for them. Hatzlacha!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: My long journey 04 Oct 2023 16:38 #401878

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Where on the site can I find the recovery guide by Hashem Help Me?

Re: My long journey 04 Oct 2023 16:48 #401879

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Where on the site can I find the recovery guide by Hashem Help Me?It's under the category "Announcements". But I would recommend that you rather reach out to the man himself at michelgelner@gmail.com. Stuff on the internet isn't a substitute for a real relationship
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: My long journey 04 Oct 2023 17:00 #401880

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree. I reached out to him already.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 00:01 #407159

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
I will be going to Israel when the weather is nice. I am attracted to chassidishe women because of their dignity and beautiful clothing, and to all Israeli women because I feel like they are my friends. Of course this is a fallacy. Many Israeli non-religious women aren't even Jewish. If I were to tell Israeli women that they were my friends they would probably give me a very cross look. 

​I am looking for safeguards so that my thoughts and actions remain pure. I read the book of Rabbi Ezriel Tauber years ago and it helped me a lot in the past. When going in the streets, I went around with the thought that my neshama is a chelek eloka mima'al and it is beyond my dignity to lust. I also went around with the thought that I am the son of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov, whereas lust comes from the decadence of a corrupt culture that is way below me. I walked with pride that I am not eating in the same trough as the non-Jewish sub-humans. I still had feelings of lust in the past, I was prone to M and these positive thoughts weren't as powerful as now after being on GYE for over half-a-year. Hopefully now I will be more successful.

I also have to put safeguards in place regarding behavior. I shouldn't be talking to any women other than immediate family unless there is a real reason. If I do have to talk to a woman I can be polite but I don't have to talk more than is necessary. I should also treat her as a person, understand that she has a life of her own and avoid objectifying her.

If anyone has additional thoughts to share I would be glad to listen.
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2024 00:59 by yitzchokm.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 01:22 #407171

• cordnoy
yitzchokm wrote on 17 Jan 2024 00:01:
I will be going to Israel when the weather is nice. I am attracted to chassidishe women because of their dignity and beautiful clothing, and to all Israeli women because I feel like they are my friends. Of course this is a fallacy. Many Israeli non-religious women aren't even Jewish. If I were to tell Israeli women that they were my friends they would probably give me a very cross look. 

​I am looking for safeguards so that my thoughts and actions remain pure. I read the book of Rabbi Ezriel Tauber years ago and it helped me a lot in the past. When going in the streets, I went around with the thought that my neshama is a chelek eloka mima'al and it is beyond my dignity to lust. I also went around with the thought that I am the son of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov, whereas lust comes from the decadence of a corrupt culture that is way below me. I walked with pride that I am not eating in the same trough as the non-Jewish sub-humans. I still had feelings of lust in the past, I was prone to M and these positive thoughts weren't as powerful as now after being on GYE for over half-a-year. Hopefully now I will be more successful.

I also have to put safeguards in place regarding behavior. I shouldn't be talking to any women other than immediate family unless there is a real reason. If I do have to talk to a woman I can be polite but I don't have to talk more than is necessary. I should also treat her as a person, understand that she has a life of her own and avoid objectifying her.

"Non-Jewish sub-humans"!? You're a sick fellow; go get some real help. Explains why you're eatin' from a trough!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 01:50 #407176

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 17 Jan 2024 01:22:

yitzchokm wrote on 17 Jan 2024 00:01:

"Non-Jewish sub-humans"!? You're a sick fellow; go get some real help. Explains why you're eatin' from a trough!

I should have written as those with non-Jewish sub-human behavior. What I meant was non-Jews with sub-human behavior. There are non-Jews who keep the seven Noahide Laws and they are moral. Unfortunately, although I am Jewish, I was immoral. The reason I used the term non-Jewish is because of the words in the Torah כמעשה ארץ מצרים אשר יצאתם משם לא תעשו וכמעשה ארץ כנען אשר אני מביא אתכם שמה לא תעשו. And yes, immoral behavior is sub-human. And yes, the Torah calls Yishmael and Eliezer עם הדומה לחמור. And yes, gazing at women is like eating from a trough; a borrowed metaphor from chazal's statement אני וחמורי ניכול באבוס אחד. I also wasn't referring to human in the general term but to chazal's words אתם קרויים אדם, the perfected human being, a term which has no English equivalent in this context. And true, some of what is dealt with on GYE is permitted for non-Jews.
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2024 04:38 by yitzchokm.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 03:07 #407181

• cordnoy
Someone who refers to a non-Jew as sub-human won't hear from me again; I'm done with you.

#עם ישראל חי
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 03:55 #407182

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
I made a big mistake in my first post. I am sorry, I beg forgiveness and I will try not to do it again. I am also sure that I offended people with that term and I ask forgiveness. I checked the Webster dictionary and this was their explanation of subhuman: failing to attain the level (as of morality or intelligence) associated with normal human beings. This was not what I meant. I realize that non-Jews and people like myself and others who have struggles are normal human beings. What I meant was that this behavior is immoral for the perfected human being. I also realize that there are Jews who are immoral. Please help me find the right wording. 

I think my second post matches the words of Rabbi Ezriel Tauber in his printed book but perhaps I am mistaken. Do you disagree with my second post? If yes, please specify so that everyone can gain clarity.
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2024 04:54 by yitzchokm.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 04:37 #407184

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 17 Jan 2024 03:07:
Someone who refers to a non-Jew as sub-human won't hear from me again; I'm done with you.

#עם ישראל חי

thats a punishment?

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 04:48 #407185

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
cande wrote on 17 Jan 2024 04:37:

cordnoy wrote on 17 Jan 2024 03:07:

#עם ישראל חי

thats a punishment?

Yes. Without his criticism that set things straight the last time I made a serious mistake, and a kind email that he sent me asking how I was doing after I left the forum because I was addicted to it at the time and then had 3 setbacks, I would not be here today with a long streak. The last thing I want is for Cordnoy to be done with me.
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2024 05:34 by yitzchokm.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 05:01 #407186

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
Rabbi Ezriel Tauber's usage of חמור for non-Jews was regarding western society's cultural liberalism regarding sex. I have geirim in my family and I know what it feels like to read my original posts. I have no way of asking forgiveness from real people on an anonymous forum. I also have no way of erasing my words once they were read. If you can forgive me please do so. What I can say is that geirim changed their whole life to become Jewish and the only thing I might have changed in my whole life is my struggle for which I joined GYE.
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2024 18:45 by yitzchokm.

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 15:35 #407195

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
A quote from Rav Avigdor Miller z"l:
Always we remember that every human being has on his face the image of Hashem. And so when you look at any person you must have respect. When I was in Slabodka, they refused to call a goy a sheigetz; a sheigetz means an abomination – they refused to say that. We never called a goy a sheigetz because it is a contradiction to the doctrine of the glory of Mankind’s greatness. And that is what the Mishnah says, חביב אדם שנברא בצלם – Mankind is cherished by Hashem that He created them in His image. And if we can spread the news to the world, we are doing them a great favor; we are letting them know the message from Hashem, that He looks upon you with a very great affection because you are the image of Hashem. 

The fact that a person can ruin that image by wrong emotions; that he can twist his face in wicked grimaces and make his face the opposite of noble, nevertheless if he would learn, if he would be trained, you can take that savage and you can make out of him a noble personality. And he can become a Jew too. But even if he doesn’t become a Jew, he could be become a chassid umos haolam and he will become worthy of chayei Olam Haboh – and that is saying a lot. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 17:01 #407203

• hechochma
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
Alright, Cords, he did teshuva - now you could be חותר חתירה תחת כסא כבודך and be מקבל the תשובה...
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: My long journey 17 Jan 2024 18:18 #407208

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
hechochma wrote on 17 Jan 2024 17:01:
Alright, Cords, he did teshuva - now you could be חותר חתירה תחת כסא כבודך and be מקבל the תשובה...

Cords carries his cane in the right hand (ימין דוחה) - he might have somethin' in common with Shamai Hazakon
(דְּחָפוֹ בְּאַמַּת הַבִּנְיָן שֶׁבְּיָדוֹ)
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2024 18:19 by davidt.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes