Welcome, Guest

First time on GYE long time ...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: First time on GYE long time ... 2797 Views

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 15 May 2023 10:55 #395695

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 15 May 2023 10:41:
My bi-weekly check in shout out - 76 days (and 85 out of 86). Super!

Somehow the above post got corrupted. Mazel Tov to eraygrand for his accomplishment! May Hashem help more!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 01 Jun 2023 23:45 #396693

• eraygrand
  • Current streak: 531 days
  • Expert Boarder
Made it to 94 days and 103 out of 104. Yesterday I was working from home alone for several hours and the urges to try and find a way to access P may have been the strongest and longest since this streak has started. Having to disappoint the GYE chevra was definitely a factor in getting past it.  I pulled out many of the tactics from F2F including baking a cake to distract.  Definitely a reminder that this is still very much an ongoing war with many battles remaining. BH today was much better but need to come up with a more thought out battle plan for days that I know I'll be home alone.

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 02 Jun 2023 02:46 #396708

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eraygrand wrote on 01 Jun 2023 23:45:
Made it to 94 days and 103 out of 104. Yesterday I was working from home alone for several hours and the urges to try and find a way to access P may have been the strongest and longest since this streak has started. Having to disappoint the GYE chevra was definitely a factor in getting past it.  I pulled out many of the tactics from F2F including baking a cake to distract.  Definitely a reminder that this is still very much an ongoing war with many battles remaining. BH today was much better but need to come up with a more thought out battle plan for days that I know I'll be home alone.

Great job!

Facilitating change in a real way. A1!

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 02 Jun 2023 11:32 #396719

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Hero!!  An accountability partner is very helpful in these situations.

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 07 Jun 2023 02:42 #396999

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
100 days!! 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 07 Jun 2023 04:27 #397004

• yitz23
  • Current streak: 21 days
  • Expert Boarder
eraygrand wrote on 07 Jun 2023 02:42:
100 days!! 

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You inspire me. How does it feel at 100?

And how are you celebrating??

Every hand's a winner
and every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
is to die in your sleep
                      -Kenny Rogers,
The Gambler

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 07 Jun 2023 10:53 #397010

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov buddy!  Now start helping other guys.....

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 08 Jun 2023 00:08 #397087

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
yitz23 wrote on 07 Jun 2023 04:27:

eraygrand wrote on 07 Jun 2023 02:42:
100 days!! 

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You inspire me. How does it feel at 100?

And how are you celebrating??

There really are no words to truly capture how this feels.

I celebrated today by spending quality time with my wife. The celebratory aspect to that is exponentially greater than it would have been 100 days ago!!

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 08 Jun 2023 10:26 #397120

• Yosef90
  • Fresh Boarder
That's incredible! 
Mazel Tov! 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 08 Jun 2023 19:55 #397159

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So beautiful, my friend! Thank you for sharing the inspiration!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 21 Jun 2023 16:58 #397902

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
114 days! BH the last two weeks have been relatively smooth especially considering other things that have been going on that have been extremely stressful. 4 months ago this stress would have led to daily (and probably more than once) falls. The amount of time that had now passed has allowed me to take a step back and realize the incredible additional  benefits of not falling including:

- Time, it's still somewhat intimidating when I think about the time I lost in the past but incredibly uplifting knowing that going forward I will have more time to spend on more important things.  
- Focus, even when not in the act of P&M just thinking about it was a drain on my focus. This impacted efficiency for work (which leads right back to time), davening and learning. 
- Physical- M is physically draining (especially at my age) which once again leads right back to my first two benefits of time and focus. 

I know the war is not over by any means but putting these thoughts in writing is another weapon in my armory to use for the next battle. 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 21 Jun 2023 22:24 #397908

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
incredible!
i just went through your thread, its inspiring how quickly you're kicking this.
keep up the good fight

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 23 Jun 2023 02:03 #397965

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The word that comes to mind is WOW!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 23 Jul 2023 16:03 #399076

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Now at 146 days (and 155 out of 156). I really don't know to begin to express my amazement. I am virtually certain that I have not had a streak this long in over 25 years!!! I can tell everyone here that it continues to get easier. I went and looked at my dashboard today and it was amazing to look at the 6-month graph. The purple line that shows urges over time was an incredible visual aid to watch how it steadily drops over time (I attached a picture). I would love to print it and hang it on the wall in front of me but might be a difficult one to explain . For all of those out there who are just joining and are struggling I want to assure you it does get easier. If I can get to where I am today after struggling with this for 40+ years..... Not to mention the fact that my marriage is in a place that it has not been for longer than I can remember. For those of you who are younger and have the opportunity to beat this monster and put it in your rearview mirror before you enter marriage the rewards are beyond anything you can comprehend! 

In all my years when rosh chodesh av  came around on the calendar, the sense of loss for the bais hamikdash took a distinct background to the dread brought on by knowing that Elul and yomim noraim were just around the corner and wondering how I could possibly face Hashem after another year of abject failure.  The last couple of years as I shed tears (and doing so now) on RH & YK (I used to have to bring my personal box of tissues to neilah)  I told Hashem that I have tried to stop and had not found a way. I said at this point I am putting myself in your hands since I had nowhere else to turn. "Randomly" this year I had started to listen to the Halacha Headlines program. In February the program included an interview with the founders of GYE.  It was an absolute eye opener and tremendous chizzuk just knowing that I was far from alone in this struggle! It is beyond the scope of my writing skills to try and capture the concept that I am within realistic reach of coming into Elul with a 6 month streak! 

Happy to speak with anyone if you think that I can help. Wishing everyone on this amazing sight continued Hatzlachah! To all those that have given me chizzuk (even the little "Thank you's" are like little diamonds that I treasure) I thank you from the bottom of my heart.    
Attachments:

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 23 Jul 2023 16:52 #399078

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Very well said.
146 days is amazing. You should be zoche to reach tremendous multiples of where you are now
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes