Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 21102 Views

Re: It's all in the name 16 Aug 2024 13:15 #419296

• m111
  • Senior Boarder
To Reb Eerie,
The emotions are running high, and you know why,
Don't have more time to write any more...
Good Shabbos
When 2 yidden get together, it is two nefesh elokis (godly souls) against one nefesh hebehamis (animal soul)
Feel free to private message me.

Re: It's all in the name 18 Aug 2024 05:40 #419332

• eerie
  • Current streak: 766 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ditto
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 22 Aug 2024 19:04 #419771

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 428 days
  • Gold Boarder
From a heart wider then the Grand Canyon, filled to the brim with אהבת ישראל, emerges a wellspring of love for every type of Jew. It flows in twin rivers through two warm, shining, caring eyes into the hearts of those he comes in contact with. The warmth that emanates from those holy eyes, is eclipsed only by the thousand watt smile that illuminates his entire being. A man whose radiant countenance exudes love, acceptance and understanding. 

Our souls connected in a very deep and meaningful way over the course of the past year. One thing was missing - “The hug”. To be wrapped by strong arms in a powerful embrace by the great man himself, the one who spreads his warmth and has place in his heart for everyone of us, was a feeling I will carry in my heart forever. 

מים רבים לא יוכלו לכבות את האהבה

מבקש
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 19:04 by amevakesh.

Re: It's all in the name 23 Aug 2024 02:52 #419867

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Dearest friend, and dearest friends, these past few days have been so amazing, I literally don't have the words. Mevakesh, I feel myself saying the same words about you. It was absolutely amazing. Surreal.
And then meeting the guys by the bris. WOW! I am still not sure it really happened. It was unreal. A dream. To meet and hug these special people, ovdei Hashem b'emes, it was out of this world. Each and every guy I met is such a special person! It was a little crazy of us, and like Reb CO, I debated whether I should come. (I didn't daven shachris there so nobody who shouldn't would figure out my name:)) In the end I couldn't resist. And I am so happy I did it. These friendships are the most real ones out there, and actually meeting and shmoozing was just over the top. 
Rabbosai, T'was swell, and now, let's get on with putting out some fires!

Re: It's all in the name 23 Aug 2024 05:10 #419934

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 23 Aug 2024 02:52:
Dearest friend, and dearest friends, these past few days have been so amazing, I literally don't have the words. Mevakesh, I feel myself saying the same words about you. It was absolutely amazing. Surreal.
And then meeting the guys by the bris. WOW! I am still not sure it really happened. It was unreal. A dream. To meet and hug these special people, ovdei Hashem b'emes, it was out of this world. Each and every guy I met is such a special person! It was a little crazy of us, and like Reb CO, I debated whether I should come. (I didn't daven shachris there so nobody who shouldn't would figure out my name:)) In the end I couldn't resist. And I am so happy I did it. These friendships are the most real ones out there, and actually meeting and shmoozing was just over the top. 
Rabbosai, T'was swell, and now, let's get on with putting out some fires!

It sounds like you guys had a h..l of a party, it seems like some invitations got lost in the mail.
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 23 Aug 2024 17:31 #420005

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't want to keep spoiling parties, so I'll write it here.

I think it's a combination of CO's post and my own. Any guy reading here about how powerful the friendships are, and he hasn't done so yet, has got to understand what it really is supposed to be if we'd want there to be a chance that he reach out and connect. He has to know that it's ok to avoid GYE conventions. (Though I doubt there's another one coming soon:)) He has to know that he doesn't need 50 friends, and he doesn't have to follow every private joke on GYE to be able to break free. 
And he has to know that anything he shares will remain confidential. Always. No matter to who. 

And really all of the friends that have reached out already should feel the same. Your privacy, your location, your details, your Yeshiva, and definitely your number, should only be seen by the people you have shared them with. I know that I need to up my vigilance in this area. 

As an aside, when I make a chasuna beH, you are all invited! There'll be a table with a sign "secret friends". Please make yourselves comfortable. Monogrammed ski masks will be distributed. Please do not ask anyone their name. Not even their username. 

Re: It's all in the name 23 Aug 2024 17:34 #420007

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 23 Aug 2024 17:31:
I don't want to keep spoiling parties, so I'll write it here.

I think it's a combination of CO's post and my own. Any guy reading here about how powerful the friendships are, and he hasn't done so yet, has got to understand what it really is supposed to be if we'd want there to be a chance that he reach out and connect. He has to know that it's ok to avoid GYE conventions. (Though I doubt there's another one coming soon:)) He has to know that he doesn't need 50 friends, and he doesn't have to follow every private joke on GYE to be able to break free. 
And he has to know that anything he shares will remain confidential. Always. No matter to who. 

And really all of the friends that have reached out already should feel the same. Your privacy, your location, your details, your Yeshiva, and definitely your number, should only be seen by the people you have shared them with. I know that I need to up my vigilance in this area. 

As an aside, when I make a chasuna beH, you are all invited! There'll be a table with a sign "secret friends". Please make yourselves comfortable. Monogrammed ski masks will be distributed. Please do not ask anyone their name. Not even their username. 

Will the Chosson be wearing a ski mask too ? Kalla wearin' a monogrammed veil?
The Mechitin (Mechutan??)?
The bus driver, for the bus you rent to bring us all to the שמחה?
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face
Last Edit: 25 Aug 2024 15:27 by redfaced.

Re: It's all in the name 25 Aug 2024 18:06 #420063

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I'd like to share some thoughts on the issue of confidentiality, especially after discussing it with one of the very special people here

We already mentioned how we should never share somebody else's:
  • ​Phone numbers
  • Locations
  • Positions
  • Struggles
  • Really any details about the person's life

But, There is another level to this.
Many times people post, or share offline, things that give away details about others. For example, you live in Kalamazoo, lucky you. And someone comes to visit to give a concert.  And you meet. And you post about it. Is that person ok with you sharing that? Or you shared that you're going to give a concert in Kalamazoo, and then you wrote about meeting someone. Or you have a funny anecdote to share about when you realized that I gave your second cousin Bar Mitzvah lessons. Or when you visited your grandmother and on the way you stopped in Tallahassee to meet one of the guys here.
תן לחכם ויחכם עוד
We have to be super careful when it comes to talking about others. Even when we have mutual friends, people still don't share everything with everybody. There are definitely parts of my struggle that you know that others don't know. Try your best to keep it that way

My friends, I love you all, and I respect you all. I don't mean to make anybody crazy, but I do feel we can up the level of confidentiality. Let's do our best to try and keep other people's private details private. 

Friends, thanks a million for being there, and for all your friendship means to me!
Last Edit: 25 Aug 2024 18:23 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2024 18:25 #420750

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Friends, dearest most special friends, where would I be without you?
So, yesterday I stumbled upon a seriously inappropriate picture. And what I've been feeling since reminds me of the lashon of the Gemara,ומכניסות בהם יצר הרע כארס של עכנאי, the YH has been working overtime trying to get me to test my filter. The urges are coming strong and fast. Last night at Maariv I felt the YH getting really strong, so I thought of coming here and posting for accountability. But I was afraid of being next to my computer when I'm feeling weak. So, I texted a few of my wonderful friends here that they should keep me accountable, and I will report that I didn't search for stuff. Spoke to one of the great guys here, and BH got past it

Part of what I asked them to demand of me is that I got an admin for my filter.
To explain, I have techloq. Techloq is a great filter, but there's one serious problem: There is an option to request them to allow a blocked site. I myself have in the past used this option to access things I shouldn't have.
The solution to this loophole is to have an admin, so anything you request needs to be approved by your admin. I recently got a new computer, and I have not added this option yet to my current computer. So, I'm happy to report to the oilam that one of our special friends is now my admin. 

I want to say one more thing. Right when I the YH started up with me, and the urges went through the roof, and I was sitting by the computer, the thought that kept me from falling was "What I am I going to tell the brothers on GYE?". You, yes all of you, my dearest friends, you kept me strong in my weak moment.
I cannot thank you enough!!!
Keep smiling...and trucking!
Last Edit: 03 Sep 2024 18:26 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2024 18:44 #420751

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
                                                                                                                                                                                                           שפתיים ישק!!!!

....Both your words and you

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043
Last Edit: 03 Sep 2024 18:53 by Muttel.

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2024 18:53 #420752

• 138eagle
  • Current streak: 203 days
  • Expert Boarder
Wow!

The power of friends!

Thank you Eerei for being there for me when I recently needed the chizuk to make sure I will get through a difficult period!
Come fly with me as I fly higher!
My Story

Feel free to reach out to me.
138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 04 Sep 2024 23:29 #420818

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 73 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 03 Sep 2024 18:25:
Friends, dearest most special friends, where would I be without you?
So, yesterday I stumbled upon a seriously inappropriate picture. And what I've been feeling since reminds me of the lashon of the Gemara,ומכניסות בהם יצר הרע כארס של עכנאי, the YH has been working overtime trying to get me to test my filter. The urges are coming strong and fast. Last night at Maariv I felt the YH getting really strong, so I thought of coming here and posting for accountability. But I was afraid of being next to my computer when I'm feeling weak. So, I texted a few of my wonderful friends here that they should keep me accountable, and I will report that I didn't search for stuff. Spoke to one of the great guys here, and BH got past it

Part of what I asked them to demand of me is that I got an admin for my filter.
To explain, I have techloq. Techloq is a great filter, but there's one serious problem: There is an option to request them to allow a blocked site. I myself have in the past used this option to access things I shouldn't have.
The solution to this loophole is to have an admin, so anything you request needs to be approved by your admin. I recently got a new computer, and I have not added this option yet to my current computer. So, I'm happy to report to the oilam that one of our special friends is now my admin. 

I want to say one more thing. Right when I the YH started up with me, and the urges went through the roof, and I was sitting by the computer, the thought that kept me from falling was "What I am I going to tell the brothers on GYE?". You, yes all of you, my dearest friends, you kept me strong in my weak moment.
I cannot thank you enough!!!
Keep smiling...and trucking!

Kudos to you for doing that!
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes