Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18371 Views

Re: It's all in the name 25 May 2023 12:46 #396212

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been reading the opening pages of your post. I relate to pretty much everything you wrote and many of your experiences. The fact that you are where you are today is a very powerful for me. Pretty much on the same page - want to be where you are in a year. Gut Yom Tov!
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 May 2023 15:27 #396222

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 25 May 2023 00:12:

Eerie wrote on 24 May 2023 23:36:
Hi, all my special friends and brothers, my family at GYE!
I have been planning for a while to write a nice piece here, but I simply can't find the time. It will have to wait. So, what's the occasion that I'm writing on my thread? Today is BH 275 clean from P and M, but that's not what I want to write about. I was just reading a bunch of threads, and I was so inspired. I thought about it a few minutes and I am blown away.
I am here for only a short while, having joined in July, but really only started visiting regularly and taking an active part since November. And I have seen so many special people come here, I've watched them start off, hesitating, wondering if they can do it, airing concerns, and then slowly but surely they get the hang of it and they start soaring!!! Literally soaring! 
The epiphany I had as I read through the threads, of Chaimoigen, of Yitz, of Eccentric Composer, of Yeshayahu (or was is Bradley Smith?), of SimchasTorah, Iwillmanage, MY41, and so many others, and seeing what truly special people they are! Such really special people! I'm sitting here reading and I can't get over it, there are so many special people here! There are so many that were here not so long ago that have BH reached a place where they are healthy enough to move on(although it would have been nice to have them inspire some others). It is so beautiful, I have no words. And to see the oilam supporting each other, helping, inspiring, sharing advice, making each guy feel like a brother, it is so unbelievably beautiful I cannot capture it in words. It is just amazing, to talk to some guys here, every guy I've ever spoken to struck me as so special, as having such a good and positive interior, of wanting so badly to just be good, of working so hard to get there. I am awed. I know I don't come close to doing justice to the beauty of the oilam here.
In my first post I said that when I read the things people here wrote I'm awed into silence. My friends, I've come full circle.

And much of it is thanks to you. You are an incredible chizuk around here! Everyone who is/was lucky enough to feel your care and concern has become better for it.

Please keep it up!

P.S. Can you please add your number of clean days next to your username? It gives chizzuk...

Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea why it doesn't say, and I don't know how to change that
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 May 2023 15:29 #396223

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 25 May 2023 12:46:
I have been reading the opening pages of your post. I relate to pretty much everything you wrote and many of your experiences. The fact that you are where you are today is a very powerful for me. Pretty much on the same page - want to be where you are in a year. Gut Yom Tov!

Reb Chaim, I have a very strong feeling that you will soon be way ahead of me! Your posts speak of a very articulate,  thought out, caring person, and if you stick around here a little I'm sure I and many others will have much to gain.
Keep it up!

Re: It's all in the name 25 May 2023 15:35 #396226

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 25 May 2023 15:27:

Grant400 wrote on 25 May 2023 00:12:

Eerie wrote on 24 May 2023 23:36:
Hi, all my special friends and brothers, my family at GYE!
I have been planning for a while to write a nice piece here, but I simply can't find the time. It will have to wait. So, what's the occasion that I'm writing on my thread? Today is BH 275 clean from P and M, but that's not what I want to write about. I was just reading a bunch of threads, and I was so inspired. I thought about it a few minutes and I am blown away.
I am here for only a short while, having joined in July, but really only started visiting regularly and taking an active part since November. And I have seen so many special people come here, I've watched them start off, hesitating, wondering if they can do it, airing concerns, and then slowly but surely they get the hang of it and they start soaring!!! Literally soaring! 
The epiphany I had as I read through the threads, of Chaimoigen, of Yitz, of Eccentric Composer, of Yeshayahu (or was is Bradley Smith?), of SimchasTorah, Iwillmanage, MY41, and so many others, and seeing what truly special people they are! Such really special people! I'm sitting here reading and I can't get over it, there are so many special people here! There are so many that were here not so long ago that have BH reached a place where they are healthy enough to move on(although it would have been nice to have them inspire some others). It is so beautiful, I have no words. And to see the oilam supporting each other, helping, inspiring, sharing advice, making each guy feel like a brother, it is so unbelievably beautiful I cannot capture it in words. It is just amazing, to talk to some guys here, every guy I've ever spoken to struck me as so special, as having such a good and positive interior, of wanting so badly to just be good, of working so hard to get there. I am awed. I know I don't come close to doing justice to the beauty of the oilam here.
In my first post I said that when I read the things people here wrote I'm awed into silence. My friends, I've come full circle.

And much of it is thanks to you. You are an incredible chizuk around here! Everyone who is/was lucky enough to feel your care and concern has become better for it.

Please keep it up!

P.S. Can you please add your number of clean days next to your username? It gives chizzuk...

Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea why it doesn't say, and I don't know how to change that

Go to your name in the Wall of Honor and click on "Display Streak in Forum"
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: It's all in the name 25 May 2023 19:27 #396231

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
When I go to the wall of honor it says to click here if I don't want my streak displayed. I can't figure this out. 

Re: It's all in the name 28 May 2023 18:52 #396259

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
Eerie wrote on 25 May 2023 19:27:
When I go to the wall of honor it says to click here if I don't want my streak displayed. I can't figure this out. 

Do you want the streak to show in the forum under your name or not to show?

Re: It's all in the name 28 May 2023 20:54 #396266

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ChaimMod wrote on 28 May 2023 18:52:

He wants it to show.

Re: It's all in the name 28 May 2023 21:13 #396267

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Ask your son to help you, you will be surprised, he will figure it out in a few seconds, 
Just kidding, but this is how many of today's kids are...
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com
Last Edit: 28 May 2023 21:14 by true_self.

Re: It's all in the name 28 May 2023 21:18 #396268

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 28 May 2023 20:54:

He wants it to show.

Grant I actually need your help.
I want to create a hyperlink (whatever its called) for my signature, like yours, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Many thanks
True self.

Re: It's all in the name 28 May 2023 22:45 #396272

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
true_self wrote on 28 May 2023 21:18:

Grant400 wrote on 28 May 2023 20:54:

He wants it to show.

I want to create a hyperlink (whatever its called) for my signature, like yours, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Many thanks
True self.

Copy the URL (link) of the page you want, and when you open the page to edit you signature (or any post) on the top row, 4th to right box you will see an icon with a chain and a green plus sign. Select it and paste the URL.

Re: It's all in the name 29 May 2023 00:12 #396286

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder

I am trying to make it show, and I just can't get it.

Re: It's all in the name 29 May 2023 00:40 #396295

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
Eerie wrote on 29 May 2023 00:12:

FIXED...

Re: It's all in the name 29 May 2023 00:42 #396296

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
ChaimMod wrote on 29 May 2023 00:40:

Eerie wrote on 29 May 2023 00:12:

FIXED...

Karma?

Re: It's all in the name 29 May 2023 00:46 #396297

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 28 May 2023 22:45:

Many thanks
True self.

Copy the URL (link) of the page you want, and when you open the page to edit you signature (or any post) on the top row, 4th to right box you will see an icon with a chain and a green plus sign. Select it and paste the URL.

I didn't get it, I want to write my own text and make it to a link, i don't want all these weird characters on the link, get me?

Re: It's all in the name 29 May 2023 01:57 #396306

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
true_self wrote on 29 May 2023 00:46:

Grant400 wrote on 28 May 2023 22:45:

Many thanks
True self.

I didn't get it, I want to write my own text and make it to a link, i don't want all these weird characters on the link, get me?

Yes, I missed one part. Type the word you want, highlight it and then follow these instructions.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes