Welcome, Guest

Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :)
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 11911 Views

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 04 Mar 2021 06:58 #364696

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder

Also not feeling like an idiot saying slach lanu every day for the same thing and then acting out feeling nasty and doing that over and over again

Relatable

My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 05 Mar 2021 22:19 #364824

Wishing everyone a heilige Shabbos!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 03:48 #365055

Double chai!!

(36 days)
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 04:42 #365060

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great job!
Same here 
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 04:48 #365062

happyyid Nice - Mazal Tov!

Recently i guess I've been getting cocky and have been more on YouTube but haven't been nichshal so I tell myself its ok but I know eventually I will slip.

Someone please convince me to stop and revert to my old youtube free ways!!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 04:56 #365065

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
Idk if I can convince you to stop because I tried for years to convince myself without any success. Maybe I can convince you, though, to get a filter that you can block youtube with. Once I installed a filter on my phone that blocked youtube, netflix, etc., my screen time went down exponentially. Can't recommend it enough and there are many gedolim who agree. 

Anyways, best of luck and feel free to reach out to me anytime bc I also struggle with that kinda thing
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 12:19 #365084

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov to both of you double chai guys. keep it up!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 23:06 #365132

Was just thinking.

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Last Edit: 10 Mar 2021 00:09 by EvedHashem1836.

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 23:12 #365133

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
(The message that I responded to was changed)
Last Edit: 12 Mar 2021 01:25 by Striving Avreich.

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 23:19 #365135

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Last Edit: 10 Mar 2021 00:10 by EvedHashem1836.

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 23:20 #365136

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
You can report yourself to the moderator on that message...

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 09 Mar 2021 23:44 #365137

• grant400
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Platinum Boarder
EvedHashem1836 wrote on 09 Mar 2021 23:19:
I was saying just davka on day 89 but after thought I think it was likely an insensitive comment I just can't delete it now so please ignore it

You can edit your message, and delete the text.

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 10 Mar 2021 01:04 #365144

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
EvedHashem1836 wrote on 09 Mar 2021 04:48:
happyyid Nice - Mazal Tov!

Recently i guess I've been getting cocky and have been more on YouTube but haven't been nichshal so I tell myself its ok but I know eventually I will slip.

Someone please convince me to stop and revert to my old youtube free ways!!

There were so many times that I would tell myself that I could just watch clean stuff on YouTube,  but most of the time I would end up watching bad stuff and many of those times I fell... I stopped watching YouTube without wife supervision. Its just really not worth it. 
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 10 Mar 2021 03:46 #365163

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Even with a filter, if we spend our time on non-Jewish news and entertainment websites, we’re bound to see many things we shouldn’t. And one thing leads to another. Spending time on sites like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram (or even news sites like CNN and Fox News) are risky. It’s inevitable that we’ll stumble in shmiras einayim. 

Once we are standing at the edge of the cliff, we are very vulnerable to falling off of it. Instead, we must stay as far away from the edge of the cliff as possible. Therefore, one of the most powerful tools in this struggle is making good fences.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Aiming to be better. Introducing myself :) 15 Mar 2021 00:16 #365391

Almost half way there!
BezH 90 days by shavuos

I've been very good recently until today where ive seen many triggering things and had the urge to act out (the urge has not yet subsided which is why I am writing this so I understand logically that if I act out now ill regret it)

My ultimate goal is to have 90 days by elul so my yetzer tells me I can act out now and still readh that 

Already feeling better by j writing this out

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes