Welcome, Guest

Halachic permissibility of non-Jewish environments
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Halachic permissibility of non-Jewish environments 5170 Views

Re: Halachic permissibility of non-Jewish environments 28 Oct 2018 12:27 #336728

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Torah292 wrote on 28 Oct 2018 12:07:
So I think I've only had 2/3 wet dreams in the past 2 weeks which is good.

On the one hand people are saying to ignore when this happens - the thing is the dreams were sexualized and I know I can do better with my shmiras einayim. Whilst I'm not caught in a ruminating trap of guilt, I do feel a sense of guilt.

Any thoughts?

Another question: From a halachik standpoint, what should one do when a woman presenting has more than a square tefach below their collarbone revealed and one has no hirhurim from them?

Maybe if you try to learn gemara close to bedtime
you won't think about sex while you are asleep either. I am assuming that you have already removed all your sex thoughts during the day. If you haven't, then maybe the sex dreams are coming from your daytime thoughts.

I'm not a posek but I don't think the halacha allows you to look at skin just because it doesn't turn you on. If you are stuck with it in your field of view you could try to engage in something, like speaking with her, concentrating hard on what she is saying, etc. So at least you don't get the negative side effects of seeing it.

Just my two cents ...

Re: Halachic permissibility of non-Jewish environments 28 Oct 2018 19:56 #336762

Torah292 wrote on 28 Oct 2018 12:07:
So I think I've only had 2/3 wet dreams in the past 2 weeks which is good.

On the one hand people are saying to ignore when this happens - the thing is the dreams were sexualized and I know I can do better with my shmiras einayim. Whilst I'm not caught in a ruminating trap of guilt, I do feel a sense of guilt.

Any thoughts?

Another question: From a halachik standpoint, what should one do when a woman presenting has more than a square tefach below their collarbone revealed and one has no hirhurim from them?

I wrote a long response to this but it got lost, so here’s the short version:

1. Try reading stories of tzadikim/biographies directly before bed. 

2. You say you can do better in the shmiras einayim area. Think of something practical you can do and do it. 

3. You live and work in the world. There are women there. You see them. This may cause thoughts to arise in the mind. These thoughts  may return as a dream at night. Not much you can do about that. Best shot is keeping your mind in a good place, hence item 1. 

4. Best bet for halachic questions is your LOR. 

Good luck! 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes